Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2016 6:54:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Remidupe
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So Remington ripped off S&W M&P and Walther PPQ.  That looks like a bastard love child of the two.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Remington ripped off S&W M&P and Walther PPQ.  That looks like a bastard love child of the two.
View Quote

This.  Exactly this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not want.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the cost of this paperweight?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Gross.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do not want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap is that ugly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy crap is that ugly.
View Quote

It's not that bad, I'd give $200 for one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
That has all the appeal of a Hi-Point.......

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.....it's hideous
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting but fugly. Glad to see more companies coming out with more service pistols.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks better than the Ruger. How long before they issue a recall?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...... Glad to see more companies coming out with more service pistols.
View Quote

well there certainly are more good guns on the market these days

which also means the market is crowded

I doubt Reming-walmrt-ton will put much of a dent in it

...unless it's really really cheap

DO NOT WANT

LOL
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]

No bueno
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
A new Remington handgun?

I can't think of a single reason to show interest when there is already a glut of proven alternatives from companies known to  make good pistols.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Police market.  Rifle, shotgun, and pistol all from the same company w/ included armorer training, spare parts, etc.  They should've done it 50 years ago.

Unless it takes Glock mags, do not want.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Checked one out at the LGS.  Feels as bad as it looks. Guy there said sales were nonexisant.  I bet we see them on clearance soon. They should have made a metal copy of the original.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like shit
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't give a shit what it looks like.  If it is reliable, shoots well and a reasonble price it may sell.  It has to go bang and cycle every time before it gets anything out of market.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't give a shit what it looks like.  If it is reliable, shoots well and a reasonble price it may sell.  It has to go bang and cycle every time before it gets anything out of market.
View Quote

I agree. If it is as low as recoil and as reliable as a M&P and has accuracy and a trigger close to a ppq/glock we have a winner. Sure, the 'r' on the grips looks stupid, but, I'd give it a chance. It can't be any worse than the jamomatic p320 I had.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I agree. If it is as low as recoil and as reliable as a M&P and has accuracy and a trigger close to a ppq/glock we have a winner. Sure, the 'r' on the grips looks stupid, but, I'd give it a chance. It can't be any worse than the jamomatic p320 I had.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a M&P 45 when they first came out. If that is your kevel of quality. Rust prone, inaccurate, shit trigger, and mags that crapped out.

Glock is still the bar by which all other guns are measured.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Remember who the manufacturer is now!

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had a M&P 45 when they first came out. If that is your kevel of quality. Rust prone, inaccurate, shit trigger, and mags that crapped out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said reliable. My late 2011 g19 gen 4 was a jamomatic and I doubt anybody would take that sample size with any merit. My m&ps have all been 100 percent, even the 22lrs. Accuracy and triggers are no question. They are one of the worst on the market.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Glocks were absolutely hated when they came out. Only the collectors and beta tester buyers gave them any notice. And they haven't been 100% every model or generation, either.

Throw that Remington on a table at a gun show and it will disappear in a sea of ugly black plastic guns. It would take looking hard to find it. It's that much the same as all the rest now. Faint praise maybe, but until we shoot it, you simply don't know. Not even.

Reputation? Big R is turning around, the Alabama plant is doing things better and there's no reason to think they would issue another junker to die on the market. It's like saying they are too stupid to fix their mistakes - which they have, one being trying to make Marlins with no blueprints and half the staff gone in a new plant who knew how to gunsmith them together. Sound like the pre 64 Winchester, yes. Remington is taking the heat but fixing it regardless. New Marlins are better. The RM380 is a decent pocket pistol, it started as the $1000 Rohrbaugh and it didn't suffer in translation.

We won't discuss the R51, it has inherent design issues dating to the originals. Like the Glock, it needed more development even then. Like the Glock, it's getting it.

Posters trash talking a gun they haven't even seen in real life is like dissing Kim Kardashian. Ok. Go ahead. You obviously will never know.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Glocks were absolutely hated when they came out. Only the collectors and beta tester buyers gave them any notice. And they haven't been 100% every model or generation, either.

Throw that Remington on a table at a gun show and it will disappear in a sea of ugly black plastic guns. It would take looking hard to find it. It's that much the same as all the rest now. Faint praise maybe, but until we shoot it, you simply don't know. Not even.

Reputation? Big R is turning around, the Alabama plant is doing things better and there's no reason to think they would issue another junker to die on the market. It's like saying they are too stupid to fix their mistakes - which they have, one being trying to make Marlins with no blueprints and half the staff gone in a new plant who knew how to gunsmith them together. Sound like the pre 64 Winchester, yes. Remington is taking the heat but fixing it regardless. New Marlins are better. The RM380 is a decent pocket pistol, it started as the $1000 Rohrbaugh and it didn't suffer in translation.

We won't discuss the R51, it has inherent design issues dating to the originals. Like the Glock, it needed more development even then. Like the Glock, it's getting it.

Posters trash talking a gun they haven't even seen in real life is like dissing Kim Kardashian. Ok. Go ahead. You obviously will never know.
View Quote

Doesn't matter, their reputation is tarnished and it's ugly as can be...
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No bueno
View Quote

Si / Indeed

That is a fugly piece.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#28]
fast fwd 9 months

page 73 CDNN flyer

$259

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#29]
makes the Ruger American pistol look good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
fast fwd 9 months

page 73 CDNN flyer

$259

View Quote

They would capture the market at that price if no one else budged.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#31]
It appears Walther uodated the PPX line.

It is now the Walther Creed.

Looks like CDNN will be doing a sale on both in that flyer.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ugh
article with pics
View Quote

I haven't been impressed with a lot of the designs coming out of Remington lately.  But I do have to say, they must have had their best engineers working overtime to develop a handgun that ugly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know, I'm in the crowd that if it goes bang and is shootable, who cares what it looks like.  The slide does look kind of gigantic in comparison with the rest of the pistol though.  But seriously, some of the other polymer guns aren't what I'd call pretty.  I think the older XD line was super ugly.  But my Dad bought one and it is what it is.  It shoots pretty well.  

For some strange reason I'm actually drawn to the Ruger American.  I can't even tell you why.  Other than that even though people bag on Ruger for various reasons, they seem to work.  That Beretta Ninety Two had similar styling to the Ruger American.  

If this gun ended up in the hands of soldiers and you saw pics of bad to the bone Operators with them, they'd be flying off the shelves.  Although admittedly, that might not ever happen.  But yeah, a lot of guns that the military use were once scoffed at.

Of course then you have the flipside, most people admit the M9 is a nice looking weapon, yet it gets a lot of crap for other reason.   So....  what does looks matter?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-10.53.45-AM.png

View Quote

Do not want because I do not want Creed on the side of my pistol.  Someone might think I like that band and want to be taken higher.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-10.53.45-AM.png

View Quote

If it takes PPQ M2 mags, I might buy one. Doesn't look terrible. I imagine they'll sell a shitload to people who don't have a lot of money for guns traditionally. Especially if they farm them out on youtube and instagram.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least it doesn't look as much like the misshapen abortion that was the PPX.   I'm not really sure what their market niche is for this, maybe a budget alternative?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like an M&P buttsexed a PPQ.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do not want because I do not want Creed on the side of my pistol.  Someone might think I like that band and want to be taken higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha seriously. They're terrible
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally welcome it with arms wide open.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh, this is like being in My Own Prison
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If it takes PPQ M2 mags, I might buy one. Doesn't look terrible. I imagine they'll sell a shitload to people who don't have a lot of money for guns traditionally. Especially if they farm them out on youtube and instagram.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the PPX take M2 mags?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:11:31 AM EDT
[#42]
A Remington copied from a Ruger?  Wouldn't that make it a 3rd gen copy of a Kel Tec?  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#43]
The Creed uses PPX mags as it is a freshened up PPX anyways
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This right here. Gosh that thing is fugly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Holy crap is that ugly.
View Quote

Yep, just like all of the other striker fired, plastic pistols on the market.

It is good to see Remington coming back together and fixing their problems. They have invested much $$$ in the new Huntsville plant and moved production out of Yankee land to a free state.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I would rather buy a Hi-Point,not that it is a bad gun but it is much more appealing than that thing Remington came up with.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Im tired of handguns with logos and company names slapped all over it. The billboard on every part of the gun looks horrible.  And the design is not that sleek. And i can only imagine the price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
makes the Ruger American pistol look good.
View Quote

I believe the discussion is on the Ruger American. The pistol has many good features and it would be stupid to not find out what makes it tick before talking about how ugly it is. And speaking of ugly, all the latest polymer pistols look pretty gnarly to me, like the Walther, H&K and SIG for example. The Ruger looks as good as any of them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Meh. Not appealing, but...........

More choices is never a bad thing.............
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well in that case the pistol definitely has a leg up on that fat ass whore.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top