Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2016 5:39:29 PM EDT
Classics and sight changes not-with-standing. What have you left stock?

For me, the only handgun I've never touched besides buffing the feed ramp and new sights is an FNP-45. It's pretty good from the factory, but they are also not a great host for modifications.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My Sig P220 SAO Compact and Ruger SP101 TALO are stock.  Everything else has something tweaked.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I built most of my ARs, one of my 10/22s and have modified several other firearms one way or another (trigger job, bedding, etc.).  Here's what's bone stock"

1. CMP Garand.
2. Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry.
3. Sig/Hammerli Trailside .22 pistol.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just one, a Benelli shotgun that kicks like a mule.
It's my loaner.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My fnx40.

Everything else gets tinkered with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock 26 is stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]
My USPSA G35 is stock aside from sights.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
H&K P7-M8, there's nothing that can be improved.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Baer 1911s.  Bone stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I built most of my ARs, one of my 10/22s and have modified several other firearms one way or another (trigger job, bedding, etc.).  Here's what's bone stock"

1. CMP Garand.
2. Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry.
3. Sig/Hammerli Trailside .22 pistol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#10]
my pocket carry G42
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Kimber 1911, its a safe queen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I am the opposite when it comes to modifications. If it works no reason to change anything. I prefer to buy things that fill an intended role out of the gate. For example I would not buy a box stock 1911 then send it to a smith to build a bullseye gun, I will just buy a les Baer hardball or wadcutter gun and be done. As far as carry guns as long as it is reliable and shoots to the sights there is no gain to me to change anything. I don't feel a need to add every gadget to a uspsa type gun to shave every second off my time but simply show up
With my carry gun and do the best I can with what I normally carry.
I know some people that do a lot of mods and they fall into a few categories:
Those that know what they are doing and see benefits from mods on target- God bless
Those that really have not mastered fundamentals and try to buy improvement with tinkering
Those that mod stuff only to discover it doesn't help them or actually discover unintended consequences that results in them going back to stock anyway
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am the opposite when it comes to modifications. If it works no reason to change anything. I prefer to buy things that fill an intended role out of the gate. For example I would not buy a box stock 1911 then send it to a smith to build a bullseye gun, I will just buy a les Baer hardball or wadcutter gun and be done. As far as carry guns as long as it is reliable and shoots to the sights there is no gain to me to change anything. I don't feel a need to add every gadget to a uspsa type gun to shave every second off my time but simply show up
Those that know what they are doing and see benefits from mods on target- God bless
Those that really have not mastered fundamentals and try to buy improvement with tinkering
Those that mod stuff only to discover it doesn't help them or actually discover unintended consequences that results in them going back to stock anyway
View Quote

You missed a category- people who like to mod stuff ridiculously to trigger people. Such as my suppressed, laser/tac light equipped Zev Glock 43.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#15]
couple Kar Mausers, Winchester Md 101, Remington 870, an Enfield MkIV both my Garands.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#17]
J frames, Python . Witness 40, Witness9, Shield 9, All H K's P2Ks, P30, VP9. ALL Glocks but one 17 that I put an RMR on.  

I have a lot of guns, but what are my carry?  HK P2K 9 V3, Glock 19 (Has Maritime cup because I have a Coast Guard buddy who is assigned to Seattle) Glock 32 with no spifing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I do something to all my Glocks, but have not messed with two of my 1911's my Kimber & Les Baer.

I don't think you can do anything to improve a Les Baer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You missed a category- people who like to mod stuff ridiculously to trigger people. Such as my suppressed, laser/tac light equipped Zev Glock 43.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8768/28751646496_4e17aa8665_o.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, why do you have assassin tools

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because 'Merica!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I've left them all in factory configuration.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've left them all in factory configuration.
View Quote

This thread is NOT for you then...I left my CZ99 stock and my Makarov PM.  Neither gun needs anything as they are straight up surplus military guns.  My 1911 got grips and a spring kit, the Glock gets a polishing and a connector, the Beretta gets a hammer spring swap and Pachmayr grips, the 22/45 got a hammer bushing and a few other goodies, the Tokarev got a rubber grip and some cerakote, I prefer to tinker...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#23]
G19
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Everything but my son's AR carbine.

I'm more into modifying vehicles for better performance, or computers. Firearms require a modification to yield a very high return or I'll likely consider it adequate as is.

My Glock 30S will eventually get some love, thinking a trigger upgrade of some type and better sights. Probably going to be it though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#25]
CZ 452, SW-29, and a Sig P320 (I installed an Apex flat face trigger, but went back to stock). The rest seem to have some type of tweaking done.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I have not done anything to my revolvers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Wilson CQB
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#28]
For many years I was really into just buying guns.  About two years ago I did my first trigger upgrade and got bit!  I am now more focused on making the guns I have good shooters and in a configuration that I like, as opposed to just buying more guns.  I really only have 3 stock guns: Rem 870, WASR10, and my Springfield TRP.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#29]
My HK USPc .40

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Not tellin'.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
You must have old Smith's because I've yet to meet a Ruger that didn't need work.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#32]
St...  Sss-tah...  St-ahk... stock?  Stock?  Is that how you say it?  

Manufacturers don't really sell the guns I want at the prices I want to pay.  

Hell.  I had a custom 1911 built to spec by the Springfield Custom Shop and I changed the grips as soon as I received it, because I already had the Gunners I wanted to put on it, and I thought the pretty wood grips would be nice to have, and didn't cost anything extra.  

For me it's both cheaper and more fun to buy a cheap base model gun, preferably used, then set it up exactly the way I want it.  

Especially with pistols, as personal as sidearms are, it feels nice to know that I've put my "stamp" on the gun, even if it's they're small and minor modifications, even if it's just adding grip tape in places and changing the grips.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#33]
My 870 express,my ruger mkII,. 5.7 pistol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#34]
all of my ARs and Glocks are modded, only thing I have bone stock is a Springfield 1911 Loaded. I shoot it occasionally, not enough to justify doing much of anything to it that would improve my shooting. Its a really nice shooter as-is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Of all the service pistols (as opposed to customs) that I own, I would say the ones that I have shot the most without changing anything are the Steyrs, SIG P320s, and the FNSs.
They don't really need anything, which is fortunate because there isn't a whole lot that can be done with them yet.

I've also left my S&W M&P Pros stock as well.  The trigger is plenty good enough for me.  I have done some mods to the service models.

Ruger American didn't need anything.  Ditto for the Caracal.

CZ P-09 hasn't been touched yet, but it could benefit from sights that don't suck and a lightened DA trigger.

HK USP .45 hasn't been modified, though it gets shot so rarely that who cares.   I have the same attitude toward the S&W 3rd gens.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Glock 21, S&W 36, Kahr pm45, Walther p99s, Colt SAA and my Ruger 454s when I owned them nothing was done to them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#37]
All my Glock and M&P's got modded quite a bit, M&P's by far the most.

I never messed with my HK's back when I had them (USP's and MK23's, a P2000 and at one point a P30 LS).  The P30 LS needed mods bad, because the trigger was atrocious....but to fix it would have cost about 400 bucks at Bruce Gray, and I wasn't going to spend that on a 950 dollar gun, so I sold it.

P226 Legion SAO was perfect out of the box.  Nothing needed.  Except for, after about 300 rounds, a trigger that didn't have a nice notchy stop in the middle of the pre-travel which Sig insisted was "in spec and normal".  If it werent for that, the gun would have been basically perfect, but with Sig's lack of desire to do anything that even resembled mediocre CS, I sold it.  Shame too.  I loved that thing.

I've settled for modded Glocks.  They're cheap enough I can put a few bucks into them and not feel bad, and on the occasion I've needed their CS, they take care of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You must have old Smith's because I've yet to meet a Ruger that didn't need work.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, not enough of a wheelgun enthusiast to own anything nice. LCR and Beretta/Uberti Stampede no complaints with either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I haven't modded my VP9, but that's only because I haven't FOUND many mods for the VP9 yet.
--
I'm hoping to find out if the "match spring kit" is good or not.
I'll have to see if they make something like a "maritime firing pin cup" and see what the consensus is on the aluminum firing pin sleeve.
--
* I DO wish I could get rid of the overtravel (but I'm not ready to drop $250-$300 and a month or two with a Bruce Grey just yet).
I also wish there was a wider trigger and aftermarket side and rear grip-panels.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Two XDMs are still totally stock and totally stored in my safe.

My old BDM 9Mm is still totally stock and also in the safe.

I have a S&W .357 with a 4" barrel and fixed sights I've never even shot, let alone modded.

I have an old Colt 1911 (made in 1917, and government marked) that I haven't added anything to or taken anything off, just replaced a defective thumb safety.

I have a fairly new P09 in .40 S&W that hasn't been touched, just shot.

I have a newer urban gray P01 that is still totally stock.

All the other revolvers and semi auto pistols have been modified in some way or other.  Sights, trigger work, aftermarket parts added/stock parts removed, grips changed, recoil spring/guides changed, etc., etc.

I guess, if it's one a shoot a lot, I eventually figure out it just "needs something" to make it better.  If I find it's not something I'd risk carrying then it's not worth spending money on and it stays stock.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#42]
HK USP Expert .45   Its hard to believe how much I mess with things on every firearm I own except for this one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#43]
S&W J, L and N frames, High Standard target model, Rem 870 although I added a mid rib bead, S&W Shield, Bushmaster that I haven't got around to putting the Geissele trigger in yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#44]
All of my 1970s, 1980s, 1990s Smith and Colt revolvers are stock.  My Colt Huntsman, my Walther PP.  My Sig 230s are stock except for the grips.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess it depends on what's considered a mod. I don't consider myself a modder, but I put SRTs in my SIGs, along with Hogue grips. The PPQ needed NS, and Talon grips were a nice addition. The VP9 needed the mag paddles filed down to not stick up. XCR got a folding charging handle and ACR stock adapter.  870 got Mesa stock adapter with CTR and Hogue pistol grip and quad rail with AFG. And a LM choke. Did a little refinishing to the P230SL slide that had a hard life.

But I don't consider those "mods."  Well maybe the VP9 filing work, but I have replacements to get back to factory. No irreversible work or non-factory action parts.

Completely untouched would be ANVIII 1911, SP2022 and P7 PSP.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#46]

none
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Haven't done anything to my 43 yet, just added some mag extensions and I'll change out the sights eventually. On the other hand, the G19 has the finger grooves removed, trigger guard undercut, stippled and has a pseudo accelerator cut in addition to new sights.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#48]
G19.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#49]
H&K VP9 is bone stock.

S&W
642-2
442-1
22-4
649-5
10-8
357 (pre model number)
Chief's Special

All the above got grips and a frame plug, if applicable.

CZ 40-P grips only

Springfield RO Compact grips and mainspring housing only

That's it. Everything else is built or heavily molestered.

The wife has a stock M&P 22 Compact, Shield 9mm, and a BHP 40 with grips and the mag safety deleted.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Classics and sight changes not-with-standing. What have you left stock?

For me, the only handgun I've never touched besides buffing the feed ramp and new sights is an FNP-45. It's pretty good from the factory, but they are also not a great host for modifications.
View Quote

Well, since night sights don't count... My SP-01, P-01, and 97B are all stock. The more I shoot them the better/smoother they get!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top