Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 3:15:15 PM EDT
I am interested in feedback or good references on the quality of ZEV slides.  A few years ago it seems like there was mixed reviews.  However, i have been looking for recent feedback and I am not seeing a lot of complaints regarding their quality.

Appreciate any feedback or references before I invest in one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one, but I saw a post where they cut too much off the slide and it later cracked after being fired. Don't know about their warranty or if they replaced it for him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have one, but I saw a post where they cut too much off the slide and it later cracked after being fired. Don't know about their warranty or if they replaced it for him.
View Quote

That was an Agency Arms slide, and I believe Agency Arms replaced it after MAC made a post about it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Why exactly would anyone want/need a $600 Glock slide?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:04:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same reason people pay $200 to have YagerWerks mill purely cosmetic designs on a slide.  It looks kewl to amuse and impress your freinds and establish tier of opeator status.

Seriously there is no other reason, a factory slide can be milled for a RMR and forward slide serations for a fraction of the cost.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they can and 'Murcia.  Why did I buy a SCAR instead of building an AR10 because it looked bad ass.  I am not fighting a war or ever plan to use it for any other purpose except picking holes in paper and ringing steel but I sure look bad ass doing it with a SCAR.  Why did I buy a Sig P226 Elite..... because the pistol look cool so that is why we do the things we do.  For a competition pistol a lighter slide will cycle faster and increased speed and less mass moving around can improve times.

Que up "stop liking things I do not like"
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Guy I know just dropped a ton of coin on building up a ZEV G19. It doesn't float my boat but hes a tier 1 operator now.

He seems to like it and I would hope they will replace a slide for you if it cracks. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the negative comments and reviews are people have buyers remorse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because they can and 'Murcia.  Why did I buy a SCAR instead of building an AR10 because it looked bad ass.  I am not fighting a war or ever plan to use it for any other purpose except picking holes in paper and ringing steel but I sure look bad ass doing it with a SCAR.  Why did I buy a Sig P226 Elite..... because the pistol look cool so that is why we do the things we do.  For a competition pistol a lighter slide will cycle faster and increased speed and less mass moving around can improve times.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

It's to the point that I put together guns to just piss people like that off.

Because I can, and because I just so happen to like my "tier 1 operator" status.

To answer OP's question - Zev makes good stuff. That's about all I'll say, as the people who seem to get their dicks hard over putting down any modification to a Glock beside sights will chime in, and I'm not going to argue.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had nothing but good things to say about Zev products.

My USPSA Limited gun made by Zev has been running great for 6K rounds this year. I haven't experience issues so long I maintain it like any other gun.

All I have had to change is springs for maintenance.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Remind me to share a story about the last carbine class I went to...and how bro's with $2k Glock race guns were getting owned by stock mk25's and G19's
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Remind me to share a story about the last carbine class I went to...and how bro's with $2k Glock race guns were getting owned by stock mk25's and G19's
View Quote
Just a guess, but those shooters coulda swapped weapons and the results would have still been the same.

High end toy will not make ya better, but they look nice and also Freedom.

I may own a custom one day, just because.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Hardware doesn't necessarily improve software.

Don't attribute $2K guns with folks shooting poorly.

I indeed shoot faster and more accurately with my Zev limited gun compared to a stock Glock 9mm.

Zev gun is set up so that I can execute solid fundamentals a bit faster and more accurate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hardware doesn't necessarily improve software.

Don't attribute $2K guns with folks shooting poorly.

I indeed shoot faster and more accurately with my Zev limited gun compared to a stock Glock 9mm.

Zev gun is set up so that I can execute solid fundamentals a bit faster and more accurate.
View Quote

That's the issue - anytime the tactical shooting gods here on ARFCOM see a Zev/Agency/FI Glock, etc, they immediately assume the owner shoots poorly, and immediately list off how many "classes" they've attended, in some sort of effort to assert their tactical dominance.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top