Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 8:10:12 PM EDT
Is there a big difference between the two generations? I know the 2nd gen has backstraps you can change out and the modular trigger. Anything else? I held the gen 1 today at the range and it felt really nice. SA trigger felt great too.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Huge difference.  Gen 1's should've been recalled IMHO
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Gen 1 had a different beaver tail, hammer, and trigger, also had frame bulging issue iirc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Gen 1 was a piece of shit. I had one and hated it. Frame bugle, shit trigger, sharp edges everywhere, the swappable safety was lose in the gun, dings sights from factory, and a crappy finish.

I really don't hate guns. But the CZ P-07 was trash. Truly trash....
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
OK interesting
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gen 1 was a piece of shit. I had one and hated it. Frame bugle, shit trigger, sharp edges everywhere, the swappable safety was lose in the gun, dings sights from factory, and a crappy finish.

View Quote

Do you have a gen 2?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I got lucky.  My DUTY (the Gen 1) P07 is in .40 S&W.  It is about the most accurate handgun I've got.  The only one I shoot better, sometimes, is my P09 9MM.

The only malfunction I've had is a swelled cartridge case that wouldn't chamber.

The sights were plastic.  Seems there are other popular guns with plastic sights (I used a razor knife to open up the rear sight on my Glock M31 when I was still hoping to get decent groups out of it).

I put some night sights on mine at first, then I had it milled for an RMR and the slide cerakoted.  It has been my EDC for the last 2 or 3 years.

Is it pretty?  Nope.  I've not yet seen a plastic gun I thought was pretty.  But it works.  Damn, does it work.

My biggest gripe about all the left over Gen 1's is the dealers seem to want the same price for them as for the Gen 2's, sometimes more (can't figure that one out).

It's easy to tell them apart.

Gen 1 - on the slide it says DUTY and CZ 75 P07, the front of the slide has no cocking serrations on it, it's just smooth, the back strap is not replaceable/changeable, the trigger is curved, the sights are plastic (may not be easy to tell this one).  There are subtle differences in the frame geometry but I can't look at them and see it.  I just know this because I bought a drop down holster rig for the Gen 1 P07 from CZ and a Gen 2 won't lock into that holster without modifying the locking tabs (making them a little bit shorter) in the holster.

Gen 2 - on the slide of the slide it says CZ P07 (no DUTY, no CZ 75), the front of the slide does have cocking serrations, the back strap is replaceable (so you can make if fit your hand to suit you), the trigger still has some curves to it at the top and bottom, but it's straight where your finger contacts it,  the sights are different, 3 dots instead of a dot in the front and a "U" in the rear.

If I ran across a Gen 1 P07, appropriately priced considering it's age and the fact that it is a discontinued model, I'd buy it.  I don't have a 9MM P07 right now and I could use one (or at least I think I could).
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a gen 2 on Wed., haven't had a chance to take it to the rage just yet, but from handling and dry firing it I love it. The front serrations are huge to me, with the size of the slide its nice to be able to get a firm grip on the front of the slide as well. I work for a holster manufacturer and have handled the P-07s quite a bit and I have to say that IMHO the gen 2 is much better.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Gen 1 P-07 Duty in 9mm, it is my first CZ. with that said, it is very accurate and reliable, no frame bulging...from my research it was certain serial numbers, mine was maybe a late run?  I did change the sights out for tru-glo night sights... I imagine the P-07 gen 2 is even better. I couldn't turn this one down for what I got it for. no regrets.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do you have a gen 2?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a gen 2?
No.... replaced it with a 75B in .40 and never looked back.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely go for the 2nd gen. Much nicer all around.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, I've got a Gen 1, and love it.  

I'll do some snooping around to see if it was certain serial numbers that were bad.  Couldn't think any higher of my own Gen 1.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine died after only 600 rounds.  Super severe frame warp.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine shit the bed within 200rds. The frame started to bulge by 100rds. It was a .40 S&W. CZ said it was cosmetic and wouldn't do anything bad in terms if reliability. By 200rds it started to really have problems.

Took it to a shop and traded it for my 75B. I took a hit and didn't feel bad. The all steel .40 75B is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mine shit the bed within 200rds. The frame started to bulge by 100rds. It was a .40 S&W. CZ said it was cosmetic and wouldn't do anything bad in terms if reliability. By 200rds it started to really have problems.  

Took it to a shop and traded it for my 75B. I took a hit and didn't feel bad. The all steel .40 75B is fantastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine got the bulge at about 200 too.

Then by 500 or so, the mags wouldn't drop free. Then at 600, the slide wouldn't cycle anymore.
The dust cover was warped upwards so badly, it stopping the slide from returning to battery without a push.

You may recall that I was one of the few to report with complete honesty during JohnWayne's 2000 round challenge.
My pistol was new when he started it, so I joined in expecting great things.

Ended up trading the replacement from CZ for a HK P30. Never again will I be an unpaid Beta test dummy for the gun companies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Then by 500 or so, the mags wouldn't drop free. Then at 600, the slide wouldn't cycle anymore.

The dust cover was warped upwards so badly, it stopping the slide from returning to battery without a push.

You may recall that I was one of the few to report with complete honesty during JohnWayne's 2000 round challenge.

Ended up trading the replacement from CZ for a HK P30. Never again will I be an unpaid Beta test dummy for the gun companies.

View Quote
I remember that challenge. I also brought up the issue of my pistol here on the forum and folks were defending the fuck out of it.

Folks here keep wanting to find the Glock killer. They won't.

If I want polymer framed hammer fired pistols I'll stick with my HK USP .40.... that is a fantastic guns.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine was a turd as well.

Went a similar direction with a SIG SP2022.

Lost my hide selling off the P07. Should be renamed POS. No more CZ for me. Ever...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#17]
The SP2022 is a much better pistol than the P07 and even the P22x series guns.

I wish Sig did more with it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Good to know. Thanks. I like the SP2022 too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top