Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 9:44:13 PM EDT
Won a gun on Gunbroker, mailed the money order along with fifty bucks for shipping. Also mailed an FFL. Seller called my FFL and asked for an additional copy. I spoke with him after, he said it was to ship it faster. It shipped on Thursday. Was supposed to be delivered today. Tracking number says it's still at another city. No update since the ninth.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
UPS misses delivery dates. Just keep watching tracking. It's not misplaced unless it goes multiple days without moving.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I noticed my Powder Valley order has been delayed by UPS... was supposed to be here today but I got a delayed and rescheduled notice. WTF is going on over there at UPS?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Last time UPS missed my delivery date was because it switched to USPS halfway and sat in that terminal for two days without moving.

Are you sure there's no update, or does it just say transferred to USPS?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
So much for having to pay for overnight shipping on handguns with UPS.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So much for having to pay for overnight shipping on handguns with UPS.
View Quote
Well it finally got delivered on Tuesday, even though it was scheduled for Monday. Thats the kind of service you get after paying fifty bucks for shipping.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
$50

You got bent over and raped dry... A FFL only pays ~$15 to ship a handgun.

Was this from a individual?

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

$50

View Quote
I wouldn't mind the $50 price if it had arrived fast. Oh well what can you do, the price was stipulated on the listing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
$50

View Quote

I was under the impression that any handgun shipped via UPS or FedEx MUST go overnight.  I know FFL'S can ship USPS for about $15.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$50

View Quote

Please let me know how to ship pistols thru UPS via overnight for only $15.

USPS, yea, that's about right. Fed Ex and UPS overnight? $15 barely covers 21+ signature required. Lol
We have to charge $40 for overnight UPS and Fed Ex...and we still eat some of the cost...
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
FFL's can ship 2nd Day Air Saver for much less. My buddy who has a gun shop gets them like that all the time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FFL's can ship 2nd Day Air Saver for much less. My buddy who has a gun shop gets them like that all the time.
View Quote

You may be teaching me something new. Where does UPS say that 2nd day is acceptable? All I see on their website is they will accept pistols via overnight only.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
It blows my mind that most carriers (employees of) don't know their own shipping laws/policies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I tracked one of mine sent from AIM all the way to a address in Kansas once. In the end it kind of worked out , but was not the best feeling seeing it go past my home state and keep on going.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You may be teaching me something new. Where does UPS say that 2nd day is acceptable? All I see on their website is they will accept pistols via overnight only.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure. May have to have an account with them, but I know he gets them this way a lot. I ordered 12 S&W Model 64's in 2009 and I know they shipped them 2nd day because Overnight was going to be over$200!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

USPS, yea, that's about right. Fed Ex and UPS overnight? $15 barely covers 21+ signature required. Lol
We have to charge $40 for overnight UPS and Fed Ex...and we still eat some of the cost...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$50

Just noticed it was UPS

I don't use UPS for that reason.  Overpriced and unreliable.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

<---FFL

We are not magically exempt from UPS shipping policies and have to follow them just like the little people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

<---FFL

We are not magically exempt from UPS shipping policies and have to follow them just like the little people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<---FFL

<---- UPS guy

I deliver a lot of small ground packages to the very large shop on my route.

Airs... not so much.

They very rarely ship out airs as well.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top