[#2]
HK45?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually bought a HK mark 23 today!
I own a lot of .45's and think for the price Glocks are great/
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#4]
OP could change his mind. And others will find this thread for the next few years wondering the same, too.

Nearly every gun mentioned is current production/new - except the S&W's. OK.

S&W 645/4506. SA/DA, decocker, all stainless, .45 ACP. Carried on duty for decades by some LEO's and currently still undervalued in the used gun market. The low point of prices was a few years back but they can still be picked up for under $600.

It will be hammer fired, it will not be plastic, it will be bright in color compared to the huge number of black pistols we see on the market these days, and when carried it has presence. I get Open Carriers in the store I work nearly every week and all I see is another black plastic pistol in a plastic holster, molded or woven.

Belt one of the 4506's on in leather and expect looks at the range, at the very least. Like the Kriss, it's not the average run of the mill gun like every other one on the market now.

Note the resemblance that CZs have, and then check out the Lionheart which is a copy. This gun is still selling today in one form or another, that's from 1954 to 2016 with new clones being offered now. That's over 60 years - longer than the M16.

Not to forget it was offered as a competitor to the Army's trials to choose a new handgun back then. What if? Yet cheaper than a GI 1911 on the open market.

They won't last long, prices are steady but rising as people get tired of another black plastic fantastic and look for something different.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Tanfoglio steel anything or a CZ97b
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting that the top dog is still the USP. Wonder what the choice would be if the guidelines allowed striker fired guns. The m&p45, ppq 45, and the well regarded g21. Perhaps the usp would not be the concensus. The g21 usp 45 and m&p45 are all great performers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
There has been some excellent suggestions in this thread and I'm glad I started it. I did end up buying the Kriss Vector in .45 and it is an amazing fun gun. Let's be honest though, it's whole purpose is to be Form 1'd and turned into an SBR.

I will also say that when I go to make my next .45 handgun purchase I've been armed with some excellent offerings to search for and find something I want.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top