Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2016 7:58:14 PM EDT
So I finally got to shoot my sig 2022 this weekend, along with my g30s. I can honestly say I shot the glock much better.

So this leads me to my question. I use the 2022 for home defense/play, I'll never carry it, that's what the 30s is for. I really like the looks of the g17, and I feel like I should shoot it better. Would I be wise to swap for a used/new g17 or practice more with the sig?

Eta: the 2022 is fde 9mm w/siglites.

Thanks in advance for the input
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Split the difference and get a G19 maybe? Not much larger than a G30S and more than capable of filling all the roles you're looking at now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The 2022 is a great gun, but if it's not for you it's not for you. I'd probably buy one if I didn't already have a couple 226s and a 228.

I really like my G17 though, so I won't talk you out of it. But yes, try a 19 also.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Split the difference and get a G19 maybe? Not much larger than a G30S and more than capable of filling all the roles you're looking at now.

View Quote

Same size as G30s with 10 red mag.

OP if you do not like it you do not like it.  I do not like XD or Beretta M9/92 pistols they are good guns but I do not like them.  

But then again for some going from a striker to a DA/SA hammer fired gun is not as easy to make the transition.  You may need to get behind the Sig more and really shoot it they are different pistols.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 19 and decided to get a 226 because everyone said they were great.
It was cool, but I didn't like it. Sold it and bought a glock 17.
Many told me I'm an idiot, which might be so, but I'm still happy I sold it and bought a 17.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OP if you do not like it you do not like it.  I do not like XD or Beretta M9/92 pistols they are good guns but I do not like them.  

But then again for some going from a striker to a DA/SA hammer fired gun is not as easy to make the transition.  You may need to get behind the Sig more and really shoot it they are different pistols.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, the 30 series uses that big baseplate mag, doesn't it? That would make it actually smaller since the G19 is thinner than the 30s.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, the 30 series uses that big baseplate mag, doesn't it? That would make it actually smaller since the G19 is thinner than the 30s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct, besides being a tad thinner because its 9mm the 19 is almost identical in size to the 30s. I have both for just that reason
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#7]
The SP2022 is not a bad gun, but people aren't flocking to them in droves because of the wonderful ergonomics and leveraging their significant advantages in competition.  

I say get rid of it and get a G17.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So I finally got to shoot my sig 2022 this weekend, along with my g30s. I can honestly say I shot the glock much better.

Thanks in advance for the input
View Quote

I sold my SP2022 after one time shooting it.  Sell it and grab a used Glock (or Blue Label if you are eligible)
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Sell it and get a G19 or G17

I love my Sig's but the 2022 is not on par with the P226/P229 with SRT trigger

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not a Glock guy.  But I love my G26.  Everyone is going to get sick of me saying it.  Anyways..  Point being, if you liked a Glock better, I wouldn't fight it.  I keep going back and forth in my mind if I want to trade my M9 for a 17.  I think I would if someone locally would do it.  But it's a bit of a hard one because it was the first pistol I really shot well and is accurate and easy to shoot.  But the 26 makes it feel like a turd to me, IN COMPARISON.  It's still a good pistol though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a P220 for awhile and really couldn't find any fault with it but it just wasn't my cup of tea.  

Traded for an HK P30.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Its a good gun but it aint a 228! Trade it for something else youll like more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't keep a gun you don't like. Find something you do like and buy it. I bought my first Glock, a 17, in 1989. I've owned and do own other kinds of guns, but keep coming back to Glock as my go to. Right now it's a pair of 17 Gen 4s.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#16]
How do you do with other da/sa guns?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Life's too short to hang onto guns you just don't like.

Sell it and get one you will enjoy shooting, no real point in hanging on to it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is my first. I've had 1911s and I've had d.a. Striker fired guns. I'm gonna see what the shop I bought it from will give me for it. Im gonna see what they say and go from there..
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I had to have a new Sig 229 years ago.  

I had buyer's remorse within a week of purchase.  

I hated the long trigger reset -> shipped back to Sig for a short reset trigger and night sight install.  

After SRT installed it's still a shitty trigger reset.  I've never carried the gun.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#20]
My 2022 is my most accurate and comfortable pistol to shoot.  Striker fired I prefer the P320.  

For some reason my hands hurt after shooting Glocks and classic series Sigs.  Not recoil pain, more like cramping.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Life's too short to hang onto guns you just don't like.

Sell it and get one you will enjoy shooting, no real point in hanging on to it.
View Quote

Yeah except it seems like you always lose money.  Or I do.  Everyone wants a used gun cheap, but wants full price for their used gun.  Well maybe not everyone, but a lot of people.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is my first. I've had 1911s and I've had d.a. Striker fired guns. I'm gonna see what the shop I bought it from will give me for it. Im gonna see what they say and go from there..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Life's too short to hang onto guns you don't like, so I think that's a good course of action. I can't stand Glocks, so ditched the 19 and 26 I had ASAP. Might as well make room for things I enjoy shooting!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I never cared for Sig's either. They just didn't feel good in my hands.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#24]
The SP2022 is a better quality gun than the Glock, but if you don't like DA/SA pistols, that makes little difference. I had the exact opposite experience with the two.

As much as I dislike Glocks, I say go with what is most comfortable to you. So you lose a few bucks in your little experiment. Now you know. It happens to all of us.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The SP2022 is a better quality gun than the Glock, but if you don't like DA/SA pistols, that makes little difference. I had the exact opposite experience with the two.

As much as I dislike Glocks, I say go with what is most comfortable to you. So you lose a few bucks in your little experiment. Now you know. It happens to all of us.
View Quote

Opinionated much?

Seriously the 2022 is a great pistol, but what exactly is your qualifying factors for "better quality"

If you use "fit and finish" for a polymer framed gun you seriously will loose all credibility... Just saying...

Both go bang when you pull the trigger, both made by a reputable manufacturer, both at a affordable price tag

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Opinionated much?

Seriously the 2022 is a great pistol, but what exactly is your qualifying factors for "better quality"

If you use "fit and finish" for a polymer framed gun you seriously will loose all credibility... Just saying...

Both go bang when you pull the trigger, both made by a reputable manufacturer, both at a affordable price tag

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opinionated much?

Aren't all of these responses just opinions?

Are polymer handguns exempt from being judged on quality simply because they have a polymer frame? That statement is silly. Take a good look at both. Take them apart and look at the parts and quality that went into both. Tell me again why you think the Glock (any Glock) is on par with a SIG (any SIG).

Yes, both are reliable handguns. The SP2022 is more accurate for most, has better ergonomics for most and features a metal trigger and metal sights. Many have been offered on special with factory night sights for no additional cost. The SIG is also more adaptable to fit any sized hand with two different triggers (the optional trigger is a short reach trigger) and three sizes of grip modules.

The SP2022 is much less susceptible to limp wristing than the Glocks, which might come in handy if you're down to one arm in a gun fight or if you simply have one arm.

The SP2022 is an overall safer firearm. The DA/SA mechanism is proven to be a safer gun. No argument can be made against that other than the obvious "don't stick your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot". Except that people under stress (sometimes highly trained people) stick their booger hook on the bang switch and bad things happen.

The SP2022 features a fully supported chamber. Many Glocks do not. I personally think the whole Kaboom thing is a bit overblown, but it does happen and when it happens it is no laughing matter. <snicker>

Those are my reasons. Opinions laced with fact and based on experience.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Are polymer handguns exempt from being judged on quality simply because they have a polymer frame? That statement is silly. Take a good look at both. Take them apart and look at the parts and quality that went into both. Tell me again why you think the Glock (any Glock) is on par with a SIG (any SIG).

View Quote

The milling on a Glock slide is second to none
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yes, both are reliable handguns. The SP2022 is more accurate for most, has better ergonomics for most and features a metal trigger and metal sights. Many have been offered on special with factory night sights for no additional cost. The SIG is also more adaptable to fit any sized hand with two different triggers (the optional trigger is a short reach trigger) and three sizes of grip modules.

The SP2022 is much less susceptible to limp wristing than the Glocks, which might come in handy if you're down to one arm in a gun fight or if you simply have one arm.

The SP2022 is an overall safer firearm. The DA/SA mechanism is proven to be a safer gun. No argument can be made against that other than the obvious "don't stick your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot". Except that people under stress (sometimes highly trained people) stick their booger hook on the bang switch and bad things happen.

The SP2022 features a fully supported chamber. Many Glocks do not. I personally think the whole Kaboom thing is a bit overblown, but it does happen and when it happens it is no laughing matter. <snicker>

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Opinionated much?

Since you're sharing facts, how many SP2022s are in the hands of law enforcement, military, and competitive shooters?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Since you're sharing facts, how many SP2022s are in the hands of law enforcement, military, and competitive shooters?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opinionated much?

You raise a good point, but to be fair a very large order for the 2022 was placed by the French for their (national?)police (say what you will about the French, but it is what it is).

I don't think too many people are going to argue there are more Glocks in the hands of LE, military, and competitive shooters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a 2022. Got it from psa back when they were like $375 a couple years ago.

I absolutely hated that firearm. It felt ok in the hand, manipulated well. But shooting it sucked.

Im not a glock fanboy either. But I'd take an xd or glock over that thing any day. Ended up trading it for an xdm, which I sold to get a vp9.

Maybe im too spoiled by usp's. But good lord did I hate that gun
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Although you make a valid point on who uses them,  it should be noted that .mil and LE are guided by the rule of the lowest bidder.   Not exactly the best way to buy a firearm that you risk your life on.  It also does account for a significant reason why so many agencies use them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had a 2022. Got it from psa back when they were like $375 a couple years ago.

I absolutely hated that firearm. It felt ok in the hand, manipulated well. But shooting it sucked.

Im not a glock fanboy either. But I'd take an xd or glock over that thing any day. Ended up trading it for an xdm, which I sold to get a vp9.

Maybe im too spoiled by usp's. But good lord did I hate that gun
View Quote

I believe you when you relate your experience with the gun here--it really does come down sometimes to "different strokes for different folks". I had one USP 9 and wanted to like it very badly, but just could not...I hated that gun, and will not ever buy one again. OTH, I have come to really love the 2022. I do recognize it is not for everyone though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Although you make a valid point on who uses them,  it should be noted that .mil and LE are guided by the rule of the lowest bidder.   Not exactly the best way to buy a firearm that you risk your life on.  It also does account for a significant reason why so many agencies use them.
View Quote

While that may be true in some cases, there is still a minimum standard. If it doesn't work, they're not going to use it. The specops community certainly won't use something that doesn't work. Competitive shooters can use whatever they want and 2 guns dominate that world. The bottom line is that if the 2022 was that much better, more people would be using it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Thinking of trading for a glock 21 gen 3. Should I?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I would in a heartbeat.  

The G21 is one of the lightest recoiling .45's on the market.  I went trough the police academy with a G21SF, and carried it on duty for 2 years.  I love that pistol.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would in a heartbeat.  

The G21 is one of the lightest recoiling .45's on the market.

View Quote

Yes.
Assuming it comes with at least a couple mags.  Night sights and SF frame would be a bonus too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#37]
It comes with 2 mags and its sf frame.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#38]
sprint to that man and make the damn deal
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#39]
So I think the deal is gonna happen. I work with the guy and he's supposed to bring it to work in the am. My sig-speriment is over... I'm ready for another glock. It'll be nice to use the 21 mags in my 30s.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So I think the deal is gonna happen. I work with the guy and he's supposed to bring it to work in the am. My sig-speriment is over... I'm ready for another glock. It'll be nice to use the 21 mags in my 30s.
View Quote

Atta boy
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Have Glocks and Sigs.  I think it's personal preference.   The Seals did just drop Sigs for Glocks right?.

If you want a hammer, Glock isn't for you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#42]
The deal is done. The 21 doesn't look hurt at all. No scratches or wear anywhere. 2 mags, box, cleaning rod, spent casing, it's all there. If it has a red label on the box, what does that mean?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The deal is done. The 21 doesn't look hurt at all. No scratches or wear anywhere. 2 mags, box, cleaning rod, spent casing, it's all there. If it has a red label on the box, what does that mean?
View Quote

Red - Civilian Standard Capacity
White - Civilain Ban Compliant (10rd mags)
Blue - LEO/MIL/First Responder "Blue Label" (Gen3 comes with 3 mags)

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Seems right since it came with 2 13 rounders. My 30s was white because the over 10 rule didn't apply to it. Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm proud of you
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I would recommend you get some trigger time in if possible with the 17 and 19 . Possibly a rental range if you don't have any glock type friends .

I own a G30, a G34 (17 sized target model ,more or less) and a old G19 2nd gen with almost smooth grip and no finger bumps . The G30 and the 34 are both gen 3 with bumps

The G34 is the most accurate but with some time pressure (like a plate shoot ) the G19 is what I shoot best.

The G30 feels horrible , like I am holding a brick or something but I shoot it almost as well as the G34.

My point is "feel" isn't always the key , you really need to shoot the gun . I know more than several folks who bought a 17 for a range/plate gun and after they got a 19 for carry they find they actually shoot the 19 better. It would stand to reason the 17 with a bit more weight , longer grip and longer sight radius would be the best shooter for most folks but somehow the 19
many times wins out .

The only Sig I own is a old West German that has a real nice slick trigger but try as I might I just can't wrap my mind and shooting style around the double action/single action trigger transition . If it was my only gun I guess I could train myself but it isn't something I would carry.

Good luck to the OP
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Definitely get the G17, you're not giving up anything!  The 2022 is a lower end model, if you had one of the 226 elite models, you'd feel different about Sig!
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#48]
just buy a Glock 19 and stop wasting time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top