Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 12:54:58 AM EDT
So I'm finally ready to pick up a new handgun.  I've narrowed it down to either an M&P9 or a Sig SP2022.  I'm taking a look at some prices for new and used around my area, and the shop nearest my house actually has a used 2022 in stock (as of the last time I was there at least.)  They want $399 and it comes with only the one mag.  I wouldn't say its in bad shape at all, but it absolutely is not in like new or certified refurbished condition.  I think their going for around $460-$480 ish for a new one with whatever the factory new ones come with (which I'm pretty sure is the case, and extra set of grips, and either an extra mag or a holster.  Correct me if I'm wrong).  Is it safe to say that the price on the used on is a bit high for what it is?  If the community agrees, I may try to get it down a bit if possible.

Thanks all
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm finally ready to pick up a new handgun.  I've narrowed it down to either an M&P9 or a Sig SP2022.  I'm taking a look at some prices for new and used around my area, and the shop nearest my house actually has a used 2022 in stock (as of the last time I was there at least.)  They want $399 and it comes with only the one mag.  I wouldn't say its in bad shape at all, but it absolutely is not in like new or certified refurbished condition.  I think their going for around $460-$480 ish for a new one with whatever the factory new ones come with (which I'm pretty sure is the case, and extra set of grips, and either an extra mag or a holster.  Correct me if I'm wrong).  Is it safe to say that the price on the used on is a bit high for what it is?  If the community agrees, I may try to get it down a bit if possible.

Thanks all
View Quote

New  mine came with 1 spare mag, extra back strap and the sig shoe box they come in. I think I payed 500 for it. But this was like 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been thinking about one but waiting for a good price. PSA had some with night sights for $400 plus shipping about 2 months ago, but they went out of stock before too long. I didn't order it because I wanted a better deal, and have been kicking myself since. The next lowest price I've seen online recently has been just under $500 for a model with night sights. I think you are right about what they come with - case, 2 mags, extra grip, not sure on holster. That said, the price for a clearly used one sounds high to me, but I'm no expert on the 2022.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
They are excellent guns. Get a new one it'll only be a few bucks more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The price on that used 2022 seems high to me.  You can buy a NIB all black M&P9 for under $400 if you check around.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $349 for mine used.

It came in a case, night sights, two mags, some silly laser/light thing, and a holster for weapon + light and I think a mag pouch.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Cabelas used to have these on sale pretty regular for $399, especially during the holidays. Not sure if they still do but that's what I paid for mine about a year ago (only came with one mag).
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
399 new at LGS here. you could always go to academy and pay 499
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid $450 + tax for my 2022 in 2013. That was new, with night sights.

$400 is not a good price for that pistol in used condition with only one mag.

Once you buy one, go to CDNN for cheap mags. Seems like everybody else wants $50 each for Sig Pro mags.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still kicking myself for not getting one when PSA had them for cheap. The local gun shops I've been to have them, but for $500+. I want one but am trying to be patient. For the record, the main brands I have are Glock and CZ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top