Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2016 4:35:29 PM EDT
A in depth look at the Canik TP9SF from Century Arms intl while noting some differences with previous TP9 versions as well as answer some questions from subscribers we received after covering these handguns at the Big 3 East last April.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice review.

I'll be watching for the thread barrel model.  If they're around the current price point they will be big sellers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job.  I love my SF.  The trigger is right there with my VP9.  David
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a good gun,only heard positive things about them. It's awesome to have quality,reliable handguns in the $300+ price range again now that Ruger killed the P series.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, glad you liked it.  I appreciate the kind words!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Now, if they would only make one in 45ACP with minimum 12rd mags like the PPQ 45, I'd have one ordered.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my VP-9, I consider it to be the best handgun I own.  But I'll tell you that the TP-9SF is a very close second, a truly excellent pistol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my VP-9, I consider it to be the best handgun I own.  But I'll tell you that the TP-9SF is a very close second, a truly excellent pistol.
View Quote

I really like the VP9 as well, I switched to it as my primary EDC about 18 months ago and haven't looked back.  I still carry my g19 occasionally though.

My TP9sf is one of my go to handguns in my Tactical Walls mirror now.  I'd have no issues using it for self defense in a home invasion if for some reason I didn't have my EDC on me, which would be highly unliklely.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Never fails to amaze how many good things I hear about these guns. About the only complaint I have heard is some variation of "I hate them because of the Turkish government" derp.

From my experience though, the turks are good machinist's. But the springs in their guns often leave something to be desired. Anyone have any spring related issues with these?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to see them do away with the de-cocker; that was a critical design flaw in my opinion.  It completely deactivated the pistol, but now it appears to be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The first time I handled one in person I really wanted to hate it. There was really nothing to bash it for. It doesn't feel like the greatest handgun in the world,  but it certainly isn't trying to be.

My only gripe is the only thing I don't like about the PPQ, the hump in the backstrap hits me wrong.

I'm the end a used VP9 had me instantly forget all about the Canik.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]
The SF is a better choice for duty/carry but so far I have no complaints with the decocker on my SA. I've paid good money for a SAO version of some of my favorite pistols.

The decocker can be disabled easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top