Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 10:17:54 PM EDT
Hey all.

I have a G19 that I've had for 10 years or so. Its stock except for the Novak sights I put on it. I'd like to get the grip stippled and maybe other work, not sure about that part.

Can you suggest anyone that does good work and doesn't have a long backlog?

Any tips or suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Soldering Iron and practice on a pmag first.. It's fun to make exact as you want.

Or

Order from "Talon Grips" Have them on my g19 and fnx45 tac. They are great.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
YouTube it.  Look at lots of jobs. But a soldering iron or wood burning kit.  Practice on some PMAGs or other unused polymer gun accessories.  Then do it yourself.  Start with light, brief indentations.  Stick to small areas when you start and outline your desired area.  Then fill it in.  Careful on the backstrap I the highest point of the grip.  Aggressive stippling there can grab cover clothing if you carry concealed.  If you do small areas and work outward to larger areas but you can't go back and remove stippling easily.

In the picture above, the 17 has a chopped grip to take 19 mags and the stippling is aggressive and covers most of the grip.  It is primarily a range/competition gun.

The 19 has shallower stippling and you can see that area were avoided where cover clothing may rub High points on the grip when carried concealed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I would have to look at Bowie Tactical or Tactical Textures and Triggers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a huge stippling thread in the Glock section, try reading up in there and see.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soldering Iron and practice on a pmag first.. It's fun to make exact as you want.

Or

Order from "Talon Grips" Have them on my g19 and fnx45 tac. They are great.
View Quote

Holy crap this is exactly what I was going to post. I started on a pmag and now I've done a few guns including a shotgun and an AR.

I have a talon grip on my Kahr and is fantastic. You can't go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Do it.

I'll be doing one tonight.

Brand new 19.4.

Off comes the grooves, then stipple the front strap
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it.

I'll be doing one tonight.

Brand new 19.4.

Off comes the grooves, then stipple the front strap
View Quote

Exactly what I did to mine too.  Also undercut the trigger guard a lot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I tried pmags and a moe grip, but didn't like my results. I don't think I have the patience or steady hands for the job. After looking around I decided I'd save up and have 10-8 do the work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I know mine aren't the prettiest, but they work just as well as a $300 stipple job.  

My advice, like others have said, is practice on some Pmags or polymer handguards and go from there.  It may not be as beautiful as a Salient Glock, but I tend to believe that a beautiful Glock is kind of paradox.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top