Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2016 6:32:49 PM EDT
I have a buddy that wants an M9.  I've sort of put mine away since I got my G26.  And I've been wanting a G17.  Or FS Glock.  So for me it's a yes.  But I thought I'd ask on here for fun.  See if someone brings up a point I haven't thought of.

My M9 has been my bedside gun for a long time.  It has never choked, and it is accurate and easy to shoot.  It has just under 4K rounds through it, if my logs are correct.  It might be over if I missed some at some point. However, as much as I like the M9, I find my G26 to be a gun I really like shooting and carrying.  And I would like a Full sized gun to match it.  But I know .40 is out of favor.  I don't have one now, but I like the idea of having a diverse collection, in case one type of ammo is hard to get over another.  Heck, I wouldn't mind a G21 either, but that's not what is being offered.  And despite the M9 being a capable pistol, I do find the controls bug me.  I like the simplicity of the Glock.  

Here's the one he wants to trade me.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I would trade any Glock for a newish M9. Sorry, just not a Glock fan. Shot my first one back in the 80's and just never felt the love. Had a 17L that I never could get to shoot to my satisfaction.That said I do have/had Kahrs, S & W 4006, 1006, Xds, 1911s, so its not anything about polymer guns.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a g19-3 with night sights that if someone offered me an m9 I would trade in a heartbeat.

Its my spare g19 and I would not trade my primary g19 fwiw.

They are both generic guns that are easy to replace.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
No, I would not trade a reliable M9 for any Glock short of a G18...
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
do it

The only thing worse than a glock is a damn baretta
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I would simply for ergonomics and practicality of function.
Fuck m9's chunky ass with its backwards ass poorly placed safety
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I own glocks and I like them - a lot.....However, IF I owned an M9, which I will - once I get down that far on my list of purchases to make , I would never trade it for a glock....Of course, paying blue label prices for them has kind of spoiled me, but --You would be losing money on the deal....But hey, if thats what you want and if it makes you happy, go for it.

Also, if you're gonna trade for a glock.....at least make it 9mm..... forget that "diversity" crap, higher price, snappier recoil, and not much of a performance difference in terms of SD ammo, why WOULDN'T you go 9mm?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I am both a Glock and Beretta certified Armorer.

I am also a little biased because I carry a Glock for a living.
Personally, I have quite a few Glock model 22's and problably would trade for a Beretta M9, even in poor condition, mainly because I don't have one.
That being said.  It seems you have an emotional attachment to your M9.  So even though it is a good trade in my book, you will probably regret it down the road.

My advise would be to save you pennies, or sell something else that you own and would not miss, for a G22.

Danomite
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 3 Berettas and a safe full of Glocks.  Just bought my 3rd Beretta, a compact M9A1.  They have become my new favorite.  If you really like the Beretta I would do like one of the other guys said and keep it and buy what you want.

On the caliber change to a 40, I sold all my 40's a while back to consolidate on 9mm and 45ACP.  I did keep one 10mm.  Since you really like your 26, my "recommendation" would be to save up and get the 17 you were talking about.  That way you could use the 17 mags in the 26 and pick up some 33 rounders to use in both.  If you do get the 22, consider getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#10]
No way. You're on the losing end of that deal.

Used Glock 22s are literally the most common Glock out there thanks to police trade ins. They aren't very valuable as trade fodder. He'd have to add cash if it was me.

If he wants a 92 there are a ton of surplus 92f models on the market right now around $300
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
No.  Wait let me think for a minute. . . . . . . . no.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Just no.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
It's funny.   About 5 years ago on here (arfcom), the M9 was the biggest POS and there were almost no dudes promoting it as a serious gun.  Now Wilson Combat starts making custom versions, 9mm is king and suddenly it has a lot more fans.  I was always a fan, I'm just not sure I'm that much of one anymore.  It is a smooth shooter though.  I'll give you that.  And accurate.  Seems like I'm always giving up my real accurate guns.  I sold a Kimber Custom II a while back that shot like a lazer.  

But the perspective has been good.  This helped.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Not me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#15]
maybe if I was a glock fan stuck with a beretta.

I would not do it based plainly on the caliber(as a 9mm in any brand is more sought out) and glock trade g22 run $275-300 commonly.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Would need $200 to make that an even trade.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#17]
G17 yes in a heartbeat.  G22 no I have not desire to add another 10mm Kurz or .357 Sig to my collection.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would need $200 to make that an even trade.
View Quote

THIS^
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#19]
So what I'm hearing is at present the M9 has more value than the G22.  Eh?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's funny.   About 5 years ago on here (arfcom), the M9 was the biggest POS and there were almost no dudes promoting it as a serious gun.  Now Wilson Combat starts making custom versions, 9mm is king and suddenly it has a lot more fans.  I was always a fan, I'm just not sure I'm that much of one anymore.  It is a smooth shooter though.  I'll give you that.  And accurate.  Seems like I'm always giving up my real accurate guns.  I sold a Kimber Custom II a while back that shot like a lazer.  

View Quote

I'm betting it's because people finally sorted through all the BS about unreliable military 92's and are now realizing it's one of the most reliable pistols ever made.

I can't wait until the new pistol trials get into the reliability testing using the 92 as a control.  My bet is, most will not match the Beretta 92 for reliability or longevity.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So what I'm hearing is at present the M9 has more value than the G22.  Eh?
View Quote

I would look for a g17 trade instead.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#22]
keep the M9.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]
G22 is the most affordable Glock you can buy. Plenty of the used market. I would not trade an M9 for any Glock. I am a big Glock guy, but I want an M9!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm betting it's because people finally sorted through all the BS about unreliable military 92's and are now realizing it's one of the most reliable pistols ever made.

I can't wait until the new pistol trials get into the reliability testing using the 92 as a control.  My bet is, most will not match the Beretta 92 for reliability or longevity.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Took me 10 years to pull my head out of my ass and try them again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope, the Beretta is worth more than a G22.  He would have to add cash to it for me to even consider it....which I wouldn't because it's a .40 and I don't want to stock another caliber.

I also shoot a beretta really well
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]
That Glock is worth maybe $300.  There is nothing to like about a Glock 22.  NOTHING.

Your M9 is a more reliable gun in a better caliber that is better suited to bedside/off body use.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#28]
DON'T DO IT

My carry gun is a G19 and yeah I recognize that Glocks are fantastic reliable combat handguns and all that.....

But an M9 is a real gun and GLocks are just....GLocks. Keep the M9, you can always get a Glock.

I sold my Italian made 92SF and I sorely regret it, what a fantastic feeling and shooting pistol it was.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys all have me in a quandry.  LOL.  For some reason I thought that I'd be getting the better end of the deal.  I guess because of the round count on my M9 and it's not pristine.  Although it's really not beat up. either.

I like the IDEA of a G22 for a couple different reasons.  If you were to compare carrying the two, the G22 is probably the easier gun to carry.  I carried the M9 a bit IWB and it was not really something I felt I was going to do regularly.  In fact the last time I did it had a back ache the next day.  LOL.    It may be better if I had an OWB holster for it, but....

I actually think the idea of having a .40 is smart because of what happened last panic.  All I ever saw was .40 for quite a while.  I know nobody knows what the future holds, but it seems like a good idea to have that caliber in the stable.  What if our country goes the way of adopting a "no military calibers" law?  I hope that's not likely, but if something crazy like that did happen, it would be a good thing to already have a gun that fits within the crazy law.  I suppose that's kind of a stretch as a good reason, but it's in my head.  

And then there is the commonality in my carry gun.  As someone mentioned earlier.  My G26 is my carry gun and nightstand gun right now, and I like the simplicity of it.  Not need to manipulate safeties or decockers under stress, and them not being in the way when manipulating the slide.  Seems like a good idea.  

Those things seem like it makes sense.  

But then the downside is what you guys are saying.  Maybe a value difference, that I"m not sure my buddy will see it that way.  And even though having it is a good idea, I'm not sure I WANT to buy another caliber.  I would probably stick it away and not shoot it much because buying 9mm, .223/5.56 and .22lr takes up enough of my money.  

Part of the dilemma is that even though I like the G26, especially in the carry gun role, I feel like having a bigger gun, with the ability to put a light on, may be better for the HD role.  Which a G17 would be perfect for.  But then again I also have AR's, so.....   I've been debating in my head, what would I rather have for HD, a FS pistol with an on board light, or my AR.  And I still have not yet solved that in my head.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Like others have said, I would not trade a M9 for a G22. Too many cons for me-different caliber, cost of new caliber,G22 is the cheapest of the Glocks out there(probably around #325.00-350.00 at the most in a used gun),ability to have other family members use the 40 cal. and be efficient with it and  increased recoil, to name a few. I would hold out for a G17 or G19, if that is really what you want. My 92 would be the last pistol I will part with.

If there was ever a civilian ban on military firearms,ALL guns would be illegal, no matter what caliber it is. If you are worried about ammo. and mags, this is the time to get them. Ammo. and mags are cheap. Don't buy them in the store, as you will get much better deals on the net.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I would rather have the M9. If you want a Glock 22 just pick up a cheap police trade in.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#33]
No way

If you want a G22 and don't want the M9, sell the M9 and buy a G22 with the proceeds, pocket a couple hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#34]
You'd be hard pressed to find an m9 or 92fs in anything beyond beat up for less than $500. A G22 can be had for under $350 fairly easily. Even if you want a g22 there's no reason to trade even for it regardless of your opinion of either pistol. Funny thing a previous poster said about the 92s renaissance, a couple years back everyone had them pegged as unreliable tanks with not enough bullets now they are very en vogue. Glad I picked mine up when everyone was writing them off lol. Mines never had a single issue regardless of how much I neglect it or what I feed it and it's my carry gun Atleast half the year.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Stick with 9 and stock plenty of it!

G22s were not known for great reliability with a mounted light. Which is why the gen 4 was created
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#36]
No way !
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Planning to buy ammo during a panic is not planning.  Take all the money you'd blow getting into a Glock 40 and just buy more 9mm.  That way you just go shooting during the next panic instead of sitting around in your underwear all night Googling up out of stock ammo, and spending all day trying to beat the neck beards to Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Planning to buy ammo during a panic is not planning.  Take all the money you'd blow getting into a Glock 40 and just buy more 9mm.  That way you just go shooting during the next panic instead of sitting around in your underwear all night Googling up out of stock ammo, and spending all day trying to beat the neck beards to Wal-Mart.
View Quote

I just traded for a 96 vertec with silver. I already have a spare m9 barrel and will primarily only shoot 9mm out of it. Buuuuut I like haveing the ability to shoot .40. I picked up 10 mags from the ee for $75 shipped and a case of blazer brass from psa for 10.99 per box (i forget what it was shipped). I'll shoot a box to check function then load up an ammo can and put it in theback of my stash.

Id be comfortable doing the same thing with a 22

Im planning on it being my hd gun with a surefire x300
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Add my voice to the chorus.  I wouldn't make that trade, either.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have a buddy that wants an M9.  I've sort of put mine away since I got my G26.  And I've been wanting a G17.  Or FS Glock.  So for me it's a yes.  But I thought I'd ask on here for fun.  See if someone brings up a point I haven't thought of.

My M9 has been my bedside gun for a long time.  It has never choked, and it is accurate and easy to shoot.  It has just under 4K rounds through it, if my logs are correct.  It might be over if I missed some at some point. However, as much as I like the M9, I find my G26 to be a gun I really like shooting and carrying.  And I would like a Full sized gun to match it.  But I know .40 is out of favor.  I don't have one now, but I like the idea of having a diverse collection, in case one type of ammo is hard to get over another.  Heck, I wouldn't mind a G21 either, but that's not what is being offered.  And despite the M9 being a capable pistol, I do find the controls bug me.  I like the simplicity of the Glock.  

Here's the one he wants to trade me.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o475/NomadABPos/42453f2f-38f7-4bbd-bed5-e56caed9f896_zpswdnoliv0.jpg
View Quote

For a buddy. Yes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#41]
No.  

1- You will miss your M9
2- G22's really suck to shoot.  Really.
3- Your M9 is worth more
4- You'd be adding a caliber, which is snappier than 9
5- Save for a bit and add a G19 or G17 to the stable.  Common mags/ammo with your carry gun

Don't do this trade, and stop trying to justify it to yourself.  You're on the shit end of this deal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Keep the m9.

I was able to get a g22 in excellent condition for 325 otd.

Police trade is are all over the place. You would be getting ripped off.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#43]
I just found the solution.

Buy a .40 barrel and some mags

buy a surefire light rail

Now you can mount a light on a gun you're familiar with for hd AND shoot .40 if you so choose.

Surefire MR11

.40 barrel

mags
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I told him not to wait for me since I was dragging my feet about it and he already had another guy lined up.  So...  you guys might've saved me from myself here.  At first I thought it was a great deal until I talked to you all.  

Samuse, did you seriously want us to picture you in your underwear?  Poke out my eyes.....  LOL.  Just kidding.  That was pretty funny.  I did just buy some 9mm and will try to keep going on it when I can.  I'm not sure what I'm up to.  But it is seriously the cheapest caliber I have to buy, other than .22 lr.  And there have been some deals lately on 9mm.  It's still sad though, 10 years ago we could get that WWB 100 round pack of loose 9mm 115 fmj for like 5 bucks I think it was.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nope.
View Quote

Own a 92FS and  G22 gen3. Nope Nope Nope Nope, Nay.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No.  

1- You will miss your M9
2- G22's really suck to shoot.  Really.
3- Your M9 is worth more
4- You'd be adding a caliber, which is snappier than 9
5- Save for a bit and add a G19 or G17 to the stable.  Common mags/ammo with your carry gun

Don't do this trade, and stop trying to justify it to yourself.  You're on the shit end of this deal.
View Quote

But I would be so DELTA with a G22.     I hear ya.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just found the solution.

Buy a .40 barrel and some mags

buy a surefire light rail

Now you can mount a light on a gun you're familiar with for hd AND shoot .40 if you so choose.

Surefire MR11

.40 barrel

mags
View Quote

I didn't know it was possible to convert it that way.  That's good to know.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Like others have said, I would not trade a M9 for a G22. Too many cons for me-different caliber, cost of new caliber,G22 is the cheapest of the Glocks out there(probably around #325.00-350.00 at the most in a used gun),ability to have other family members use the 40 cal. and be efficient with it and  increased recoil, to name a few. I would hold out for a G17 or G19, if that is really what you want. My 92 would be the last pistol I will part with.

If there was ever a civilian ban on military firearms,ALL guns would be illegal, no matter what caliber it is. If you are worried about ammo. and mags, this is the time to get them. Ammo. and mags are cheap. Don't buy them in the store, as you will get much better deals on the net.
View Quote

That's not quite what I said.  I said how some countries don't allow guns to be chambered in military calibers....   My crystal ball is broken, and I'm not sure how you can say what exactly may or may not happen in the future.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nope.
View Quote

This.. The M9 is big and clunky, but i'll be damned if mine isn't one of the most accurate pistols I've ever shot..
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Samuse, did you seriously want us to picture you in your underwear?  Poke out my eyes.....  LOL.  Just kidding.  That was pretty funny.  I did just buy some 9mm and will try to keep going on it when I can.  I'm not sure what I'm up to.  But it is seriously the cheapest caliber I have to buy, other than .22 lr.  And there have been some deals lately on 9mm.  It's still sad though, 10 years ago we could get that WWB 100 round pack of loose 9mm 115 fmj for like 5 bucks I think it was.
View Quote

I thought that was the whole point of shopping online....

I remember 100ct WWB being about $12-$13.  The good 'ol days.  I got some 124gr Lawman yesterday for $0.20/rd.  That's about as good as it gets now. That stuff was $0.23/rd last year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top