Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2016 10:42:11 PM EDT
what do you do with your carry when you're dropping a deuce in public restrooms.

any issues you've had with this yet?

i usually just let mine flop over the belt, rest on the ground.  haven't thought of another reasonable option
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
underwear hammock, or if you roll commando just toss it inside your pants instead of flopping on the piss/shit/vomit/blood covered floor
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I just drop my pants and drop a deuce.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
underwear hammock, or if you roll commando just toss it inside your pants instead of flopping on the piss/shit/vomit/blood covered floor
View Quote

This- even if you have to pull up your drawers and leave in a hurry you'll be taking your piece with you
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If the stall has  toilet paper holder that i can put it on thats what i do. if it does not i leave it in the holster and hold the pants up. i always make sure its handy in case i hear some people start kicking in stall doors like they do in the movies
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:08:04 AM EDT
[#5]
rebuckle your belt, and keep your pants higher than your calf works if you cant take it out and put in down somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Unholster - do my bidness - reholster.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This deters turd burglars..... If someone is being a turd burglar and peeking into my stall then they are a turd burglar and will probably see my pistol and know not to try and steal my shit.  The pistol does not come out of the holster at anytime IMO you are just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#8]
What is this public restroom thing you speak of?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
My holster doesn't depend on my pants. It can be worn as easily with gym shorts as jeans.
Just readjust a bit and go.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Depends on the gun. If it's small it goes in a shirt pocket. If the TP dispenser is flat it goes on there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This- even if you have to pull up your drawers and leave in a hurry you'll be taking your piece with you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, this is the way to go.  Literally...
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#12]
TP dispenser or inside the pants

Sometimes I hold it and point it at the gap in the door in case I get peekers.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Holster and all come off the belt and go into the "underwear hammock".  I have one AIWB holster with hard loops that is more difficult to remove, so I'll just pull some slack around in my belt and lay it over into my pants/underwear with the belt still attached.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
TP dispenser or inside the pants

Sometimes I hold it and point it at the gap in the door in case I get peekers.  
View Quote

hahahaha! I've done that. Vacates the bathroom really quickly!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
never let the gun leave your body and dont point your gun at anything you do not want to destroy.heard to many war stories of guns left in the stall dont be that guy.j.m.o.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
rebuckle your belt, and keep your pants higher than your calf works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
rebuckle your belt, and keep your pants higher than your calf works.

I removed the "if you cant take it out and put in down somewhere" part.

Quoted:
Quoted:

The pistol does not come out of the holster at anytime IMO you are just asking for trouble.

This - without the "turd burglars"   part.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:18:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Drop pants, let top of pants fold inward onto undies with holster attached, never been an issue for me.

Some people worry about someone in an adjacent stall looking under the partition thing and seeing your handgun, but I don't see that as an issue. If youre paranoid about it throw some TP on top of it like you crapped your pants on the way to the jon
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#18]

It stays in my holster.

I've never understood this preoccupation with how hard it is to shit in a public bathroom.  It's not rocket surgery.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I rebuckle my belt below my knees and take a wide stance it keep my pants from sliding down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Wasn't there a thread where a guy dropped his 1911 and had a discharge?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I hang it around my neck from the lanyard ring.  I thought everyone did?  

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It stays in my holster.

I've never understood this preoccupation with how hard it is to shit in a public bathroom.  It's not rocket surgery.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Most police are trained to form a hammock in their pants and put the gun there.

Some things NOT to do, which the cops have learned the hard way over the years:

Don't put it on the back of the john or on the TP dispenser.  
The gun is prone to sliding off or falling into the toilet.
If it falls on the hard floor you have a risk of an AD, and a probability of being trapped on the seat while your gun goes sliding across the floor.
People have been known to pick it up and take off with your gun.
Needless to say, going pearl diving for your gat in the toilet isn't going to be fun if it falls in.
And as stupid as it sounds, many times cops and citizens have just forgotten the gun and walked out, leaving it there.
There's been several cases of this just recently in the news.

Don't hang it on the door coat hook.
Criminals are known to walk down a row of stalls and reach over to grab whatever they can.
Again, your gun goes out the door.

Don't put it on the floor.
Again, criminals are known to enter a stall and look under for anything of value you put down, like a brief case...or gun.  And again, you aren't going to be chasing him down.
For those who don't think that reaches over the door or under the stall don't happen, just talk to any cop who's worked the airport, sports arena, or bus station.

DON'T HOLD IT IN YOUR HAND.
Most "accidental" discharges in the restroom are actually someone sitting there holding and/or absently playing with the gun and it goes off "by accident".
What are they going to tell Internal Affairs, that they were playing with their gun??.
One famous case was a big city cop who had an AD and put a .38 slug down the entire length of the stalls.
One witness told the investigators that if he was constipated before, he certainly wasn't after the slug passed in front of his face.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I take the side of my underwear and cover the top of it by stretching it over the gun it draws the gun to my leg and gun stays covered if that makes sense
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. A good holster allows this.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I've never understood why so many people regard this as a problem.

It's on your belt and secure in the holster, so just roll it over the top to sit inside your pants/underwear.  If you're wearing boots, it'll all sit well off the floor.  If you're not, just re-buckle the belt or rebuttal the pants and it'll hang out about mid calf level.  

Quoted:
If the stall has  toilet paper holder that i can put it on thats what i do. if it does not i leave it in the holster and hold the pants up. i always make sure its handy in case i hear some people start kicking in stall doors like they do in the movies
View Quote

One of the former security guards working in our building used to do that.  He's unemployed now as the contractor fired him immediately for gross stupidity.  Not a great loss, and in general I've never understood why we have poorly trained contractor security guards in our particular building.  

His Glock fell off the holder and he tried to catch it on the way down.  He managed to simultaneously hook the trigger, and being a Glock he managed to disengage all the safeties and fire a round  - thankfully into the concrete floor.

If you're going to do something like this, despite the fact that it's an incredibly bad idea, for God's sake leave it in the holster, and if your holster can't be unclipped from your belt - don't do it.

Even if it is in a holster, if it falls, let it fall rather than trying to catch it -  assuming your chosen handgun is drop safe.  If it's not drop safe, you need to carry something else.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Unholster - do my bidness - reholster.
View Quote

So where exactly is the firearm while you are doing your business?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't take dumps in public restrooms if I can avoid it. The few times I've had to, I just keep the belt buckles above my calf. The last thing I want to do is handle the gun unnecessarily.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I lay it in the crotch of my jeans.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
what do you do with your carry when you're dropping a deuce in public restrooms.

any issues you've had with this yet?

i usually just let mine flop over the belt, rest on the ground.  haven't thought of another reasonable option
View Quote

I unholster and put it on top of the TP holder. If somebody sees it from underneath the stall it wouldn't take much for somebody to grab it or cause a scene.

edit: sometimes I'll at least roll it in between my ankles or unholster and put it there if there isn't a flat surface to put it. I guess somebody could still see it but they'd have a hell of a time grabbing it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't take dumps in public restrooms if I can avoid it. The few times I've had to, I just keep the belt buckles above my calf. The last thing I want to do is handle the gun unnecessarily.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This. Worst case is you adjust the holster a bit. I just adjust it a bit forward, just in case.

Otherwise I poop at home or work. I have stopped while out at work for the poops.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Most public restrooms around here have those big double roll industrial TP dispensers on the wall. Its wide enough that I just lay mine on it until I'm done making an Obama.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This deters turd burglars..... If someone is being a turd burglar and peeking into my stall then they are a turd burglar and will probably see my pistol and know not to try and steal my shit.  The pistol does not come out of the holster at anytime IMO you are just asking for trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ second that. I never Unholster. I usually try to get in a stall where the weapon is between myself and a wall.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I loop the long end of the belt back on itself and insert it into the last belt loop.  This keeps the belt from sliding out and letting the holster flop around.  Then I do my business as usual.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmmm, I just posted asking a similar question.  

My issue is I'm female and thus have to take down my pants every time I use a public restroom.  And trust me, women and little girls are more prone to screaming and making a scene if they spot my gun.  

I may try the belt/holster flop forward into underwear approach if I find a suitable holster.  

I mostly pocket carry a little 38 special or carry a compact range officer 1911 in a compression tank top.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I usually pocket carry. That's fine in urinal or stall.

Next most common is shoulder carry. Likewise fine in all environs.

Then comes AIWB. Very awkward at the urinal, fine in the stall as I can slip gun + holster combo off belt and into pants.

OWB? When I CC'd that way I carried near the appendix, and would roll the waistband over into the pants for concealment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#42]
you can kind of pull your underwear up and fold the top back down over the gun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Pull pants down to me knees and keep the gun holstered in mr crossbreed, or if I'm using a different holster I will use my underwear hammock if need be.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#44]
i haven't taken a crap in a truly public restroom in 20 years or so...

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I take the side of my underwear and cover the top of it by stretching it over the gun it draws the gun to my leg and gun stays covered if that makes sense
View Quote
I do this too. Works for compacts pretty well.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a thread where a guy dropped his 1911 and had a discharge?
View Quote

Because he had it hanging by the trigger guard on the coat hook. I just leave mine holstered and drop my pants and do my business.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what I do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top