Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2016 5:47:53 PM EDT
So I just learned that Academy is starting to carry CZs now.  Maybe this has been happening for a while, but I don't get out much...  Anyways, last night I tried out the CZ P-07 and P-09, and liked both of them a lot.  They said they are also going to be carrying the CZ SP-01 Tactical in select stores (kind of my dream gun, even though I've never shot one).  However, I also played with the Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm in 4" barrel, and a Glock 17.  I loved all of them.  Academy also carries the CZ 75B Omega.  Not that I have the money, but even if I did, I seriously would not be able to choose which one to get.  Which one would you get, with money no object?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That's good to hear about Academy. My favorite CZ is a 75D PCR but all CZ's are good guns. Find the one that feels right and go from there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That would be awesome!  I have been lusting after a SP-01 regular or tactical.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Money no object? Simple: Custom Shop Accu Shadow in 9mm. Wait, I already got one!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm definitely leaning towards the P09, simply because I've been lusting after this gun for a couple of years now, and if I don't get it, I'll just keep thinking about it.  From everything I've read, it seems to be super accurate, and the price is pretty low compared to others in it's class.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm definitely leaning towards the P09, simply because I've been lusting after this gun for a couple of years now, and if I don't get it, I'll just keep thinking about it.  From everything I've read, it seems to be super accurate, and the price is pretty low compared to others in it's class.
View Quote

It's my favorite CZ pistol.  Just bought some extra mags so I can start shooting USPSA with it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If money were no object, CZ 75 TS Czechmate
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a p07.  Threaded barrel and +2 bases on the mags, and full cajun pro kit.  It's pretty fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, get the Tristar.  Turkish made CZ 75 clone that's dimensionally correct to the point that Cajun Gun Works will work on 'em.  $350, IIRC.

$330.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
None of the above, Go steel, CZ 75 compact with LOK's. it's only 2.02lbs, slightly more compared to 1.85lbs of the P-09 but it's not nose heavy like the aluminum & polymer framed guns. The compact is about 3/4" shorter and is also narrower at 1.38" as opposed to1.46". The LOK's will give it a flat narrow surface like a 1911 with the CZ ergonomics. I love mine. The trick to carrying the heavier one is a 1.75" belt to spread the weight better. I picked this up at a LGS for 400 OTD
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's my favorite CZ pistol.  Just bought some extra mags so I can start shooting USPSA with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, by a large margin. I absolutely LOVE my P09 .40.........maybe because it reminds me of my 1911, dimension-wise.
Super accurate.....y'all got that right.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I love the looks of CZ's but I've never handled one.  How's the trigger reach?  I don't have huge hands.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the P-09 in FDE and the SP-01 Tactical both in 9mm. I converted the plastic fantastic to SAO and use it in 2 gun courses. Super accurate is an understatement for these pistols. It's scary how fast you can chew out the x-ring at 15-20yds
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I ran across a CZ SP-01 Tactical at a gunshow in The Woodlands about a year ago for about $650, and I didn't get it.  I've been kicking myself ever since, because now it seems that these guns are almost impossible to find.  They are listed on Academy's website though, so maybe more will start appearing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Out of the PCR, 75B-SA, and the P-01 that I've shot/handled/own OP... All of them are fantastic. But if I could only have one it would absolutely be the P-01. It fits my hand like a glove, is easy to carry all day with the aluminum alloy frame, and with VZ Diamondback grips... it's slimmer than my Springer 1911. The low bore axis along with the high grip afforded by the beavertail/general design of the pistol... makes for a very soft recoil that affords the fastest follow-up shots I've recorded to date in my 20+ years of shooting/training. The double action trigger pull is pretty good out of the box but the single action pull I would rate as very smooth. It's the best all around pistol I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of guns in my past. The SP-01 would be very similar. Hell, try all of the out. You won't dislike any of them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top