Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2016 10:35:47 AM EDT
Two questions, IWB holster brand and style?
What hollow point shells?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Try different "hollow point shells" to find out which one groups best in your gun. Adjust your sights to the point of impact.

Any of the quality iwb holsters makers have one that will work. Something along the lines of the comp tac ctac or blackpoint tactical mini wing, but I prefer leather backing like the crossbreed mini tuck. You will also have to try different holsters to find what is most comfortable.

I just recently bought a streamlight tlr-6 for mine. No one is making holsters for them yet...
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Raw Gog Tactical for your holsters and you need to try different Hps to see what your gun handles best.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Do remember that the Walther P.38 was not designed with JHP ammo in mind.

You will have to do some trial and error shooting of various types to find one (or two) that will cycle reliably in the P.38.

Don't go over 124 grain projectiles, and absolutely NO P+.

Personally I never use JHP in my P1.  I have found that 124gr. Gold Dots will cycle reliably in my P5, but I never use either of these for defensive purposes, as I have less expensive, and easier to replace, and far more reliable
pistols for that purpose.  Add in the fact that a P.38 is quite heavy and large for IWB carry as well.

Just out of curiosity, when was your P.38 made?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You will have to do some trial and error shooting of various types to find one (or two) that will cycle reliably in the P.38.

Personally I never use JHP in my P1.  I have found that 124gr. Gold Dots will cycle reliably in my P5, but I never use either of these for defensive purposes, as I have less expensive, and easier to replace, and far more reliable
pistols for that purpose.  Add in the fact that a P.38 is quite heavy and large for IWB carry as well.

View Quote

I may have missed the OP's point. I thought the post was about a P938 as in a Sig Sauer.

And for my pistol (Sig Sauer P938 Xtreme) it groups the 147 HSTs the best.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I think to OP is referring to the Sig P938

Edit: Post above beat me
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]
OOPS.

I miss read the title, that question mark on the front fooled me.

Your 938 should digest any modern JHP.  I know in my short barreled PPS I run 147 HSTs which are very accurate out of it.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the responses. Yes its a Sig. Have a holster ordered thanks for that tip. This is my first 9mm so I had hoped for a shortcut to a bullet weight without buying a bunch of different ones. Once again thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#8]
What holster did you order?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Neighbor got an Alien Gear Cloak 3.0, Hornady XTP 147 std pressure, Winchester Defend 147, and Federaal HST 124.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Crossbreed supertuck deluxe, made for a 1911 but holds my 938 securely just didn't want to buy another holster, and 147gr HST is what I use
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a Raw Dog Tactical, Pro Defender it was on sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top