Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or why S&W still isn't doing it today.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see what they did. I don't know why S&W didn't do that half a decade ago.

My wife and I each have mp pros we bought apparently at the peak of horrible mp accuracy. I have an old ra to send them in to sw fir accuracy issues (both do 8" @ 25 with Hst 124 and 147 at best), but now I'm wondering if we should just skip the return and get a couple of these barrels...
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My wife and I each have mp pros we bought apparently at the peak of horrible mp accuracy. I have an old ra to send them in to sw fir accuracy issues (both do 8" @ 25 with Hst 124 and 147 at best), but now I'm wondering if we should just skip the return and get a couple of these barrels...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what they did. I don't know why S&W didn't do that half a decade ago.

I would send them into S&W so you can always go back to the factory setup if needed. You may be very surprised with the new found accuracy after they re-barrel them.
S&W is one of the best in customer service, you should get a pre paid label to and from them. My 3" 1911 was sent out for trigger work and plunger tube replacement and they had it back to my door step in 11 days.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Supposedly the new M&P barrels that Midway carries have the 1/10 twist and will likely be more accurate than the older slow twist barrels.   There was also talk of having a different locking block design on those too, but I haven't been able to confirm that.   And they're $90.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
My OLD 9c from like 2005-6 is more accurate in my hands than my brand new full size. I will try to bench them both and see what sort of groups I come up with but in hand the 9c is MUCH more accurate and all distances. Why don't you see anyone complaining about the compact or shields accuracy?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
My 9C is also very accurate.  My CORE is darn good with the factory barrel.  I may replace with an APEX or Wilson just to have the latest bell and Whistle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got our pros back from smith. Looking forward to trying out the new barrels. If they're not good enough we'll definitely be offing apex barrels.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top