Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 9:48:30 PM EDT
Ive been looking into CZ pistols lately. I really like the P-07, P-09, P-01 and SP-01 and Ive been thinking of grabbing one of them soon (then, probably, all the rest eventually haha).  Im really favoring either the P-01 or SP-01 as my first though (in that order).

I know the P-07 and P-09 use the Omega trigger and you can switch between a decocker and safety with those, but Im a little confused about the P-01 and SP-01.

I spent some time trying to hunt down a P-01 not that long ago and couldnt seem to find one.  Eventually I was told it was probably because CZ is releasing the P-01 Omega (which I didnt even know about at time) and people are letting the P-01s out there dry up.

So now Im looking into this P-01 Omega and my question is: Did they HAVE to release a P-01 Omega in order to use the Omega trigger and convertible safety/decocker?  Would it be safe to assume I would have to wait for an SP-01 *Omega* in order to have one of those with an Omega trigger and convertible safety/decocker?  

Im guessing if they had to release a specific Omega version I couldnt take advantage of these things with the old versions, right?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 75D - PCR and it's one of my favorite guns. Great shooters and really well built. I'll be getting more CZ's. Get ya one op.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 75D - PCR and it's one of my favorite guns. Great shooters and really well built. I'll be getting more CZ's. Get ya one op.
View Quote

Yeah, Ive been really interested in CZs for a while now, I just never got around to getting one.  Like I said, I was on the hunt for the P-01 for a little while, which is the one Id like to have the most, but I couldnt find one and I was holding out for one of those over the rest.

But I sold a gun the other day so I have some extra cash now.  The plan was to save a little more and get a SCAR 17, but while I was at the shop to do the transfer of the gun I sold, I saw a P-07 and P-09 sitting there and handled both.  Having a bunch of extra cash and seeing those really gave me the itch to finally grab a CZ.

Since I have no idea when the P-01 Omega will even be available and I dont know what the deal is with the Omega specific P-01 (and possibly SP-01 Omega?), Im really tempted to grab the P-07 or P-09.  Im just a little hesitant to delay finally getting my hands on a SCAR 17 if its not going to be for the P-01.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Many old CZ hands consider the Omega trigger a downgrade from the original setup.

It was done essentially to make the things less expensive to build.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Many old CZ hands consider the Omega trigger a downgrade from the original setup.

View Quote

I didnt know that.  It seems like Ive seen people talking it up when I started looking into it.
Thats why I thought even if I did find a P-01 or SP-01 I should pass and wait for the Omega version.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I didnt know that.  It seems like Ive seen people talking it up when I started looking into it.
Thats why I thought even if I did find a P-01 or SP-01 I should pass and wait for the Omega version.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Omega is definitely a downgrade IMHO,  much longer takeup than the original, can't convert it to SAO like you can the original, I think it might be grittier, but the FPB makes both a bit gritty.

The "convertible" part is a major bonus, but only if a traditional version isn't made in the configuration you want.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#6]
what are you wanting to use it for? a P-01 and Sp-01 fill quite a bit different roles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what are you wanting to use it for? a P-01 and Sp-01 fill quite a bit different roles.
View Quote

Outside of carrying, I dont see how they would fill such different roles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Omega is definitely a downgrade IMHO,  much longer takeup than the original, can't convert it to SAO like you can the original, I think it might be grittier, but the FPB makes both a bit gritty.

The "convertible" part is a major bonus, but only if a traditional version isn't made in the configuration you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm... well that kind of sucks to hear.  Kind of surprising too.  From what I was seeing when I started researching it, I thought it was some grand step forward.
But whatever... to be honest I probably wouldnt even notice that kind of thing.  Ive never gotten too hung up on some of the stuff people are always talking about.  I cant say Ive ever shot a gun and thought about how the trigger felt.  

But I take it the regular version and the Omega version are their own separate entities...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I have several CZs with the omega trigger system (CZ 75 Omega, P-07, P-09) and also more than several CZs without it.  It is not a downgrade to have the omega trigger, there is no discernable difference in stock form between them as far as trigger pull, take up, grittiness, etc.  There is a difference in the way they operate though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a P-07 Duty with the Omega trigger and still have my CZ97B with stock trigger.
The Omega was a MUCH lighter pull in both DA & SA, shorter rest as well.
The CZ97B trigger feels like my old S&W mod.29 (.44), long pull/heavy weight in DA but a VERY short/crisp break in SA.
For range use I like the old style trigger, for carry I prefer the Omega for an easier transition between DA to SA. In SA my P-07 felt like it had a 3lb pull, don't think I've ever had a factory trigger that light.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#11]
My stock P07 has a 3&1/4 lb. SA trigger pull.  My P09 9MM (I worked on it a little bit) has a 3.5 lb. SA trigger pull.

I'm interested in the new P01, once they hit the shelves for sale.

My wife uses a CZ 75 Compact 9MM and I want something that uses the same magazines for our road trips.  Right now I take the P07 and she takes her Compact and we don't have the ability to use the same magazines.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
The Omega trigger is ok, but just ok.  Takeup is long, reset is long and not that positive, but the break is pretty clean, and it's relatively light for a factory trigger.  I prefer the standard CZ trigger for sure, and it's much more customizable.  But I imagine with CZ releasing a lot more Omega models, CZC and Cajun will start producing parts for them too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The benefit of the Omega is being able to switch between the safety and decocker. It also has a lighter DA and SA trigger pulls out of the box than a 75B model. The downside is the reset and pre travel take up in SA are both very long; both longer than a stock 75B. It is also cheaper to produce for CZ so the guns are cheaper for the consumer as well. For the P-07/09 models CGW makes some upgrade parts and they really do improve the stock triggers. For the 75 Omega and the upcoming P-01 convertible there are only some of the P-07/P09/75B upgrades that will currently work due to the differences in widths of parts and the frames they go into.

And all things being equal a tuned Omega is still nothing compared to a tuned 75B. I have a fully Cajunized P-09 and well as Cajunized/CZC SP-01 and a P-01. All of my 75B based guns have better and lighter DA and SA Trigger pulls, shorter resets, and less pre travel take up than my P-09.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So now Im looking into this P-01 Omega and my question is: Did they HAVE to release a P-01 Omega in order to use the Omega trigger and convertible safety/decocker?  Would it be safe to assume I would have to wait for an SP-01 *Omega* in order to have one of those with an Omega trigger and convertible safety/decocker?  

Im guessing if they had to release a specific Omega version I couldnt take advantage of these things with the old versions, right?

Thanks.
View Quote

You have to buy an Omega pistol to get the Omega system. It's a different design.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember when the Omega trigger was first introduced there was much anticipation amongst the CZ crowd that quickly turned to disappointment.

Personally, it is not a horrible trigger, more of a meh trigger, but it never lived up to the hype that CZ created around it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top