Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 8:27:52 PM EDT
Thinking about getting a TLR-3 to mount on a CCW light.  I'm kind of torn between it, the Inforce APL, and the Surfire XC-1.  I've got a few TLR-1's, so it's familiar to me plus it's also compatible with my HK USPc (with separate adapter) and pretty much all weapons with a small rail section from the looks of it.  The biggest negative is the battery type, but it's not like I'm going to be running through these batteries.

The APL and XC-1 are a bit slimmer/sleeker, but I'm not sure they'll mount up on a subcompact gun all that well.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my sig P220 EDC.  Only problem is I had some trouble finding a holster, but I ordered one from Theis (I guess they don't stock it but they only charged an extra 30 to make one for it and said that it is non-refundable.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna start making my own kydex and leather holsters so holster availability isn't too much of a concern for me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
In that case, def. a thumbs up.  I can't compare it to the other lights you mentioned, but it is light, small, and while it doesn't matter for a carry gun, has a nice clean look.  Very bright as well.  I like it a lot.

Here is a picture of what it would look like.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
sweet a few more days and I'll be able to get a free one courtesy of Microsft
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the 4.  I like the light laser on at same time better.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the primary weapon that you will be mounting it to?

Also check out the Viridian CTL light, a small rail mounted light. You can also get it with a laser if you so desire.

Viridian CTL
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been using one for a few years. When I travel, I use one on my CCW, a Walther PPS while I am staying at Motels/Hotels. Not as bright as some of the others, but still a very good light.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the primary weapon that you will be mounting it to?

Also check out the Viridian CTL light, a small rail mounted light. You can also get it with a laser if you so desire.

Viridian CTL
View Quote

Glock 19, sig p320, HK USPc, and whatever else I may get in the future that's a compact/subcompact with a rail.

That model you linked seems interesting. Sent an email to their CS to inquire about them fitting the USPc "rail"
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I had and carried a USP Compact with TLR3 for quite a while. I had a kydex holster custom molded as well. It was a very nice setup.

Holster selection is what killed it for me. At that time there was NOTHING available and the number of custom kydex holster makers was very small. Now local kydex guys are everywhere, probably won't have that problem.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 of them and they are decent and I have the usp mount which clocks up nice and tight. Recently switched to the x300 but it of course is much longer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a good light for the money.   If it's at the top of your budget or if your gun won't take a larger light then by all means have at it.

My review:

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a nice light, shorter than most, so it doesn't stick out beyond the muzzle much on full size guns.
It has plenty of light for indoor use, and isn't too bad for short range outdoors.
My only gripe with it is, I'd like them to make a (slightly more expensive), version, with a quick detach mount, so that it can be taken off quickly if not needed during the day, but quickly replaced if desired.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish the 3 was aluminum and not plastic.

I had one and one of the mounting ears cracked.

Went back to a 1 and even though it's a bit large for what I want, I know it won't have one of the mounting ears break.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
surefire is the way to go

i like streamlight products, but fuck those guys. thier customer service, repairs at least, blows

insights: great CS...products decent; not too durable compared to above
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one on my M&P 9c (my edc).

Great light for the money. Stays secure, easy to use, and has a decent battery life.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Have one on my G29SF. I have several other TLR-1HLs on other guns. I like it but find its position on the G29 to be a bit forward making it a stretch to get at the switch. Only reason I have considered changing it out for another TLR-1HL.

I use a Raven Concealment holster when I carry it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#17]
The TLR-3 has a model specifically designed for the HK USP so you don't even need an adapter, that's why I bought mine.  Go for it!!

IMG_7079
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top