Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 2:32:15 AM EDT
I currently ccw a XD SC, however in the interest of cost I am attempting to consolidate ammunition to only a select few calibers and as a result would rather ccw a 9mm. Additionally I want night/ low light sights and im not sure the XD is worth the investment.  I have a J-frame for deep concealment so I am considering a VP9 or M&P with a strong bias towards the VP9   ( yes, I ve tried glocks, great platform but the grip doesnt do it for me).

Only issue is that due to lack of funds I would have to trade in the XD, most likely along with my old Remington 597, taking a bit of a loss on each.

Is it worth it to trade up? or am I being impatient?

Any VP9 owners enjoy ccw them or is it a bit too much?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
They are great guns but I prefer the P30sk V3 for everyday carry
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
VP9
P2000
USP Compact
HK45C

Take your pick of HK pistols.  Since you don't want Glock how about...

FNS-9C
PPQ
P229
P320 Compact

or any number of other pistols
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The VP9 is a great gun but a lot to carry.

The M&P is a good gun but a lot to carry.

If you won't consider a Glock 19, 26 or 43, then I would look very hard at the M&P 9c and the FNH FNS 9c. Both are great carry-size pistols that are reliable and have good ergonomics. I might like the FN just a tiny bit more but the aftermarket for the M&P will be leaps and bounds better.

I use to have a M&P 9c (and FS and Shield) and they are good guns.

I use to have a SIG P320 Compact. Good gun but really chunky to carry.

Also had a P2000 but just don't like carrying DA/SA at all. Good gun, though.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The VP9 is a great gun but a lot to carry.

The M&P is a good gun but a lot to carry.

If you won't consider a Glock 19, 26 or 43, then I would look very hard at the M&P 9c and the FNH FNS 9c. Both are great carry-size pistols that are reliable and have good ergonomics. I might like the FN just a tiny bit more but the aftermarket for the M&P will be leaps and bounds better.

I use to have a M&P 9c (and FS and Shield) and they are good guns.

I use to have a SIG P320 Compact. Good gun but really chunky to carry.

Also had a P2000 but just don't like carrying DA/SA at all. Good gun, though.

View Quote

I've only shot HK's with LEM triggers in them and they were ok.  Never carried one though
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Not knocking HK's, but the lack of funds comment would make me cross them off my list. Mags and accessories can be pricey. I know, I used to own an HK. If Glock is out, I'd look to the M&P line.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not knocking HK's, but the lack of funds comment would make me cross them off my list. Mags and accessories can be pricey. I know, I used to own an HK. If Glock is out, I'd look to the M&P line.
View Quote

Agree.

You can probably find more used bits (holsters, etc) for the MP also.

You know, that whole "Glock angle" thing shoots itself out after a few quality range trips. It isn't like trying to sit in a chair built for someone whose knees bend the other way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I currently ccw a XD SC, however in the interest of cost I am attempting to consolidate ammunition to only a select few calibers and as a result would rather ccw a 9mm. Additionally I want night/ low light sights and im not sure the XD is worth the investment.  I have a J-frame for deep concealment so I am considering a VP9 or M&P with a strong bias towards the VP9   ( yes, I ve tried glocks, great platform but the grip doesnt do it for me).

Only issue is that due to lack of funds I would have to trade in the XD, most likely along with my old Remington 597, taking a bit of a loss on each.

View Quote

I think that you will be disappointed in yourself for getting rid of guns.  That's just my opinion, but I have regretted just about every gun I've over lost, sold or traded.  You have a 9mm XD, right?  So why trade it instead of trading the j-frame if you want to consolidate calibers?  I say keep them both and save for a gun that you want more.  I am not in the "night sights are worth it" crowd, so I do not see that as a reason to get rid of the gun.  Much better off carrying a decent flashlight and practicing shooting with it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think that you will be disappointed in yourself for getting rid of guns.  That's just my opinion, but I have regretted just about every gun I've over lost, sold or traded.  You have a 9mm XD, right?  So why trade it instead of trading the j-frame if you want to consolidate calibers?  I say keep them both and save for a gun that you want more.  I am not in the "night sights are worth it" crowd, so I do not see that as a reason to get rid of the gun.  Much better off carrying a decent flashlight and practicing shooting with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are maybe half a dozen I should have kept but the majority I have traded off/ sold off I have no desire to have back. I look at it like buy it play with it sell it and get something else - they make more.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top