Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Glock 17 Gen 4 or Zastava CZ999?
View Quote

who dat
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to look up the cz999 myself...I'll take the G17.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
lol is this even a real question?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I will take the Glock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently so.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Poll fail, no third choice...

Neither.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Neither.
View Quote

Those are the choices. If you have nothing useful to add, just go back to mom's basement, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm way too old for mom's basement, thanks.

Given the choices it's hard to accept this poll as anything but a troll post.

However, playing along and assuming that the OP is serious, even I would take the Glock over the Zastava, but why limit yourself to these two pistols?

It's just like asking a Honda Accord owner if they like Fords or Chevies...  Without context the quesion makes no sense.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#9]
That's kind of like asking who would you rather have - Hillary or Trump? The answer is neither.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Two completely different types of pistols. One is the standard for striker fired pistols. The other is a knock off of the Walther P88 made to resemble a P226. IMO, there's no reason to own a CZ99 unless you collect Yugo firearms. Your poll truly doesn't make sense. I don't like Glocks but I'd choose one over the CZ. Not saying the CZ is as bad as a Taurus or anything. Just if you can afford a Glock, why would you look at a CZ99?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

However, playing along and assuming that the OP is serious, even I would take the Glock over the Zastava, but why limit yourself to these two pistols?

It's just like asking a Honda Accord owner if they like Fords or Chevies...  Without context the quesion makes no sense.
View Quote

The context is unimportant. They are two different style pistols - striker fired or DA/SA, but both are military large framed pistols. If you were given the choice between the two, which would you pick. It's a simple question.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two completely different types of pistols. One is the standard for striker fired pistols. The other is a knock off of the Walther P88 made to resemble a P226. IMO, there's no reason to own a CZ99 unless you collect Yugo firearms. Your poll truly doesn't make sense. I don't like Glocks but I'd choose one over the CZ. Not saying the CZ is as bad as a Taurus or anything. Just if you can afford a Glock, why would you look at a CZ99?
View Quote

Somebody says I'll give you one of these, which would you pick?

If you owned the Glock, would you trade for the CZ999?

If you owned the CZ999, would you trade it for the Glock?

The context really doesn't matter. Given the choice, which would you pick?

No need to over-complicate this. It's a preference question between two handguns.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd really rather stick with either a G19 or G34.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Looked it up on Google , what a wonderful age we live in .
Get both and keep the one you like best or flip a coin
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:56:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd stick with the G17, the one review I read about the Zastava made it look like the accuracy was pretty shitty.  Besides, I don't really want another DA/SA with difficult to find parts, mags and holsters.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No need to over-complicate this. It's a preference question between two handguns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See my original post above in red.  I already stated I'd take a Glock over the CZ (and I did vote the same).

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#18]
PIE
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not a fan of either of these choices, but if that's all there were, it'd be the glock.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
The CZ...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#21]
It's not a CZ.

That's just some slight of hand used by Zastava.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Ha.  Found it.  I don't know if the gun just didn't like this ammo, Michael J Fox was the shooter, or what, but that is an unimpressive-as-fuck group for 7 yards.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Zastava makes great guns, and I would take the 999, it looks similar to a SIG and SIGs fit my hand well. I have owned a few Glocks and shoot them well, but I hate how they feel, and how they look...
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:08:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The context is unimportant. They are two different style pistols - striker fired or DA/SA, but both are military large framed pistols. If you were given the choice between the two, which would you pick. It's a simple question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has got to be thee most bizarre apples to oranges poll I have seen in a LONG time!  You are comparing a fairly popular striker fired pistol to a relatively obscure DA/SA hammer fired pistol, asking which one we'd pick and say it's a "simple question."  I'm not all that hot on a Gen 4 Glock (Gen 2 and 3 are fine but not really turned on by a Gen 4) but I am pretty sure I can find parts, accessories and if I need a holster, anybody that makes a holster likely has a model for a Glock.  A CZ 999 on the other hand?  Yeah, not likely, nor are you able to come across spare parts, factory, aftermarket or otherwise in any form of abundance.  I am pretty sure that you are trying to steer the results towards a Gen 4 Glock, aren't you?  
If you are looking for a more accurate poll, try a striker fired Gen 4 Glock against a popular hammer fired DA/SA pistol like a Sig, HK or Beretta that has a popularity level on par with a Glock with aftermarket support rather than a 3rd world knock off that the best aftermarket support would be spare factory magazines.  Totally worthless poll IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This has got to be thee most bizarre apples to oranges poll I have seen in a LONG time!  You are comparing a fairly popular striker fired pistol to a relatively obscure DA/SA hammer fired pistol, asking which one we'd pick and say it's a "simple question."  I'm not all that hot on a Gen 4 Glock (Gen 2 and 3 are fine but not really turned on by a Gen 4) but I am pretty sure I can find parts, accessories and if I need a holster, anybody that makes a holster likely has a model for a Glock.  A CZ 999 on the other hand?  Yeah, not likely, nor are you able to come across spare parts, factory, aftermarket or otherwise in any form of abundance.  I am pretty sure that you are trying to steer the results towards a Gen 4 Glock, aren't you?  
If you are looking for a more accurate poll, try a striker fired Gen 4 Glock against a popular hammer fired DA/SA pistol like a Sig, HK or Beretta that has a popularity level on par with a Glock with aftermarket support rather than a 3rd world knock off that the best aftermarket support would be spare factory magazines.  Totally worthless poll IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I am not changing the choices, as the choices are A or B and A and Zb have been defined. I agree with the points you made about the two different models by the way. I have a reason for asking the question in the manner I did, and the poll serves MY purposes just fine.

Again, if somebody put a Gen 4 Glock 17 and a CZ999 on a table before you and said, you can have either one, which would you choose?

I've fired both, shoot both well. I do not like the Glock at all, I prefer my Gen 3 Glock 19. I shoot the CZ999 well, and prefer how it fits my hand. In general I prefer DA/SA firearms. But post purchase support is negligible, but there is everything for the Glock as you mentioned. So, if both are placed before me and I'm told pick which one I want, my heart says the CZ999 but my brain says the Glock.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Kinda like the CZ999. Its SIG like, and I shoot SIGs better than Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Given the context of the scenario …

Glock 17

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Glock 17
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Not Glock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#32]
G17...no question
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd opt for the CZ999, not a glock fan.
View Quote

By the photo in your avatar you're not a fan of good weapons either
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Those are the choices. If you have nothing useful to add, just go back to mom's basement, thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither.

Back to basement then...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top