Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2015 6:38:48 PM EDT
I don't mean over all other handguns, because I do prefer 1911s and Glock's over CZ's as a whole.
But as far as CZ's go, I own three a 75b, SP-01 and a P-09. After shooting them all for a while now, I find I like the P-09 more then the other two. Really thought it would be SP-01. That's seems to be the most popular one nowadays, anyone else prefer the plastic CZ's to thier metal counterparts.
My three CZ's.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my 75d pcr allot. A whole lot !
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My CZ SP-01 Tactical is hands down my favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait until you try the CZ Custom Shop Accu Shadow. You won't touch the others again.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my 75d pcr allot. A whole lot !
View Quote

+1. Probably my favorite of all time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel the same way.  My P09 is my favorite CZ, though it isn't a popular opinion.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Still like my 75B, and wish I had not sold my PCR.

I am going to be skeptical of the polymer CZs for a few more years.   Their initial issues with them are enough to keep me away from them till more time has passed.

And why they don't have magazine commonality with the steel CZ 75s is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Still like my 75B, and wish I had not sold my PCR.

I am going to be skeptical of the polymer CZs for a few more years.   Their initial issues with them are enough to keep me away from them till more time has passed.

And why they don't have magazine commonality with the steel CZ 75s is mind boggling.
View Quote

While I do get the why not have interchangable mags, I am appreciative of the flush fitting 19 round mags in the P09. The same in a SP-01 only gives you 17, to get 19 in the SP-01 you need the extended aftermarket(although they are less exspensive and better) Mec Gar branded mags.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I feel the same way.  My P09 is my favorite CZ, though it isn't a popular opinion.
View Quote

I also get a lot of skepticism when I say it's the best "standard" pistol they make (i.e. not counting worked over non-FP block guns).
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I like whatever is accurate.  My P07 and P09 (9MM) are very accurate as compared to several other plastic framed pistols I've bought/shot over the last few years.

I actually like the P07 over the P09 just for carrying around all day.  The P09 is noticeably heavier and harder to conceal/carry.

Shooting the P09 9MM is like shooting a .22 almost.  Recoil is very light compared to my M&P FS 9MM.  And it carries more rounds and is more accurate.

And, I've read on the CZ forum that MecGar makes the CZ magazines.  When I bought my wife a CZ 75 Compact recently I bought 5 more higher capacity (full size) MecGar magazines from Midway.  The Compact is an older gun (2003) and came with a  couple ten round magazines that I'll just keep for spares.

Most people are "herd" animals.  If CZs catch on bigger in competition and more big name trainer's/shooters start bragging on them then they will be bought by more of the "herd".  Right now they are easy to find and sell for a good price for what they give you in the way of reliability and accuracy.  I'm getting mine now, before the rush.

Last time I took my wife shooting, she expressed surprise (and it seemed to me no small amount of want) at how well she shot my P09 in .40 S&W vs. "her" XDM 3.8 9MM.  I think the P09 is a little too much gun (size wise) for her to carry around, so I guess I'll let her try a P07 9MM and see how she does with it.  

There a guy here (and on the CZ Forum) who has posted videos of shooting his P09 9MM at 100 and 300 yds.  Getting 4 out of 5 shots on the paper at 300 yds. is awesome.  His 100 yd. groups are better than I see some folks do at 12 or 15 yds. at the range where I shoot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I got a CZ-75 over 20 yrs. ago. I had it modified with Bomar sights while it was given a trigger job. I didn’t use it that much. When I was getting ready to move, my realtor didn’t care for the look of my loading bench, so I put things away, bought 1k of inexpensive 9mm, and shot the CZ all summer in IPSC. By the time I moved I had a nicely broken in, very accurate 9mm that fit my hand beautifully.

The CZ-75 and the 1911 are my two main go-to guns.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The CZ design has spoiled me on all other handgun designs.  I can't seem to find any better.  And I have shot a lot of different handguns.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Never shot or handled one.
Reminds me of a Browning High Power.

Dave N
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
My favorite is my SP-01. I have owned it the longest and use it in IDPA so I've shot it the most as well. But, I really do like my P-09 as well especially given the price. I got mine used for a good price and even after I added some CGW parts it came out to around the same price as my stock SP-01 I bought new. My SP-01 is very far from stock now and has a better trigger than the P-09, but the P-09 is great in the price vs. performance area.

I loved CZ's since I bought my first CZ a few years ago. I now own 6 CZ's plus a CZ Clone as well. I also own Glocks, S&W M&P, BHP, and others, but my favorites are my CZ's. It might be because I haven't found holsters that I like yet, but I tend to not carry my CZ's. My carry guns usually are a G26 or S&W Shield, but I'm typing this carrying my CZ Clone, Sphinx SDP Compact in a IWB Bladetech holster.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Love the ones I have.
I don't own any poly ones yet but I'd like to add a PO7 when I get the chance
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I was a better shot with my P07 then my SP01
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Have a G19 as my primary, but after 6 years and still not quite getting a hold of the trigger (even after reducing pull to 3-4lb) I am seriously considering a CZ85 Combat (I'm lefty).
Tried a friends Sig and was reminded how sweet hammer fired single action can be.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Never shot or handled one.
Reminds me of a Browning High Power.

Dave N
View Quote

Any similarity is only in passing. They feel completely different. My brother has a P01. Excellent pistol, but the resemblance to my Hi Powers is only ancestral.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a 75B which I converted to SAO, drug it through Cajun Gun Werks and duracoated it FDE. I bought it on a whim years ago and never looked back. Absolutely love it. Have many other CZ's on my want list, P 07 being next.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#19]
CZ is best wonder 9.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top