Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:53:01 AM EDT
I am wanting to replace the factory sights on my Glock 43. At issue, as well, is the fact that my eyes aren't great anymore and I have trouble focusing on three-dot sights. My eyesight is great past about 3' (still 20/15 in both eyes!) but I need glasses to even see a computer screen or read a magazine. I never wear the glasses unless I am seated at a computer or reading something up close.

This is obviously a small pistol that is not designed as a range toy or a long-distance shooter. It's for CCW, period. What are some good night sight options for those who need reading glasses but otherwise have good eyes?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I daresay my eyes may be older than yours, and I'm in the same boat as far as near vs. far vision.

I've got XS Big Dots (non-tritium) on all my carry guns. I'm not convinced of the need for night sights. I have them on two guns (they both came with them), and don't see that they offer me anything. There's rarely too little ambient light not to see that big dot sitting out there. If it's so dark that all I can see is a tritium sight, then I need a light to ID the target.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Trijicon HD sights. I just put a set on my H&K P30sk.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest looking at something with a wide notch / blacked out rear, and high visnight sight up front.  I attended a pistol class about a year ago where the instructor mentioned the benefits of blacked out rear.  I put a set of ameriglo hackathorn on my Glock 19.  Great sights, easy to pick up.  Really glad I went with them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the Trjicon HD's, really like the bright orange front sight and the U notch rear. Other's to consider are the Spartan Tactical and Hackathorn, both have the bright orange front sight, but a lower profile conventional square rear sight. Hack's are blacked out, spart's have two dot Trjicon lamps. I own all three on Glocks, but like I said really like a U notch rear sight.
HD's on a 43.

Disregard the Shield, only pic of the 43 from behind I have.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
As has been said, a black rear with bright front works great. I have the yellow Trijicon HD on a G19 and a combination of Ameriglo Hackathorn rear with the lime green front. For my eyes, the yellow/green just jumps out better than the orange. This is a pic of my Shield, but essentially the same sights.

" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top