Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 8:36:15 AM EDT
Being an Arizona boy, this means more to me than many and since it happened to me, even more!

A friend gave me an old zip-lock full of parts that turned out to me an old model Single-Six. The problem though, it was corroded to all heck. Seriously, it appeared that it someone had left it in water with a slight current in it, the way the metal was peeling away. Anyway, on a hunch, I sent it to Ruger with instructions to check it for safety.

Anyways, a few weeks go by and I receive the bad news. The gun was unsafe and then they slap me with some good news. They offer a warranty replacement on any Single-# product of my choosing, at a substantial discount! Cool beans, right?

I do a lot of predator calling and also call in my javelina, every year, into pistol range and had always wanted but never ran across a 32 H&R Magnum Single-Six so, I chose a Single-7 in 327 Federal Magnum, stainless with hardwood grips and 5.5" barrel!

I suspect that it will be a very nice javelina and predator gun. No matter what weapon, I use, I am always very conservative in my shots, so I may even use it on a close range white-tail, this December.

Anyways, people always complain when things don't go the way THEY want, I just want Ruger to get credit for some awesome customer service. They've always had my backing and they still will.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Give us a range report on that sucker when you get it.  With some pics......    Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a great story and I'm sure you'll love your single seven. I'm very fond of my 7.5" 327
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I've owned a few Ruger firearms and I've not had any issues with their product.  Reliability and quality is what I've experienced.  It's good to hear Ruger stands by their product.  Enjoy your new gun and be safe.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
And to think that the company has no written warranty.

Ruger is golden.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi and thanks for the positive greetings!

Well, the big day came and I have to say that I am speechless. I went to the shop to pick up my warranty replacement pistol and that is when my jaw hit the floor.

As a refresher, a friend gave me a Ruger Single-Six that looked like it had been left under saltwater for a couple of weeks. I took it apart and decided to send it to Ruger for a safety check, to see if it would even be safe to shoot after fixing it. I didn't even put it back together, just through it all in a zip-loc and UPS'd it away. Well, Ruger called and said the pistol was beyond repair and asked me to pick out another Single-Six to replace it, free of charge! I always wanted a 32 magnum, so I ordered a Single-Seven 5.5" 327 magnum.

So, at the shop, I presented my new gun at the counter and , to my surprise, the plastic case contained a beautiful Hunter model Super BlackHawk 7" barrel, stainless, wooden grips, 44 magnum, with rings! On the looks scale, she is a 10.

I am stunned. Not to be a bastard but, I'd still like a 327, someday, until then, I can make do with this! A note in the box mentioned that the 327 is out of production in the Single-Six, for the foreseeable future. I guess this was deemed an appropriate substitution?

So for $25 shipping/$27 transfer fee, I traded a broken chunk a junk of a Single-Six 22lr for a brand spanking new Super BlackHawk 44 mag! Next, I'm sending my old 4Runner  back to Toyota, maybe they'll "give" me back a new Tundra, you think?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow.  Just wow.  Just wow.  Did I say wow?

BUT:

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi and thanks for the positive greetings!

Well, the big day came and I have to say that I am speechless. I went to the shop to pick up my warranty replacement pistol and that is when my jaw hit the floor.

As a refresher, a friend gave me a Ruger Single-Six that looked like it had been left under saltwater for a couple of weeks. I took it apart and decided to send it to Ruger for a safety check, to see if it would even be safe to shoot after fixing it. I didn't even put it back together, just through it all in a zip-loc and UPS'd it away. Well, Ruger called and said the pistol was beyond repair and asked me to pick out another Single-Six to replace it, free of charge! I always wanted a 32 magnum, so I ordered a Single-Seven 5.5" 327 magnum.

So, at the shop, I presented my new gun at the counter and , to my surprise, the plastic case contained a beautiful Hunter model Super BlackHawk 7" barrel, stainless, wooden grips, 44 magnum, with rings! On the looks scale, she is a 10.

I am stunned. Not to be a bastard but, I'd still like a 327, someday, until then, I can make do with this! A note in the box mentioned that the 327 is out of production in the Single-Six, for the foreseeable future. I guess this was deemed an appropriate substitution?

So for $25 shipping/$27 transfer fee, I traded a broken chunk a junk of a Single-Six 22lr for a brand spanking new Super BlackHawk 44 mag! Next, I'm sending my old 4Runner  back to Toyota, maybe they'll "give" me back a new Tundra, you think?
View Quote

I don't know you ...but I hate you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm probably just being slow on the up take but what does being from Arizona have to do with the story?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Ruger may have good customer service but their quality control is poor.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ruger has a big plant there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm probably just being slow on the up take but what does being from Arizona have to do with the story?

Ruger has a big plant there.

Ah. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry, I should have explained the Arizona comment.  Ruger has a large plant here, in Arizona, where they build a lot of their guns and also, Ping golf clubs. My group likes to support Ruger because one, they are in state, but also two, when Obama and Clinton were talking a lot of shit about selling guns, ruger said that wouldn't stop them from selling firearms made in Arizona to residents of Arizona because it doesn't involve interstate trafficking or the Federal government.

Here is my Blackhawk next to my Glock 19.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Very excellent.

And I love Arizona.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
That'll soak up some recoil.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, I should have explained the Arizona comment.  Ruger has a large plant here, in Arizona, where they build a lot of their guns and also, Ping golf clubs. My group likes to support Ruger because one, they are in state, but also two, when Obama and Clinton were talking a lot of shit about selling guns, ruger said that wouldn't stop them from selling firearms made in Arizona to residents of Arizona because it doesn't involve interstate trafficking or the Federal government.

Here is my Blackhawk next to my Glock 19.

http://<a href=http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah320/randymcneely1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8jkgcsqs.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

You realize, Ruger also had a hand in helping to pass the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban?  And you are right.  They are great at replacing and repairing their firearms.  In the past few months I have had to send 3 brand new firearms back to the factory because they were recalled or did not work correctly brand new from the factory.  I also tweaked a couple more on my own instead of sending them back.  Having to fix a little less than half of the firearms you have bought new isn't bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top