Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
OP, I had a G27 that would stovepipe, failure to battery, lock the slide back with rounds still in the magazine; it was all kinds of fucked up out of the box. The symptoms persisted even after 400-500 rounds. I couldn't get thru two full mags without one or more of the aforementioned malfunctions. This was with standard mags and G23 mags as well. So I drove it over to Smyrna to Glock's facility and had it worked over by one of their guys. He replaced the springs, extractor, slide lock, striker block, striker pin, both magazines etc, etc; basically everything but the frame, slide, and barrel was replaced. After that I couldn't get the pistol to fail. I even tried to limp wrist it and still couldn't get it to malfunction. Point is, always vet your pistol before you stake your life on it. Just because something has a good reputation doesn't mean you pull it out of a box and stuff it in a holster. This seems like common sense but I know people that do just that. I like Glock's especially the G20SF and 21SF models. I need to pick up a G21sf for a rotation carry pistol since I've converted  my 1911 to .45Super for woods carry...
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glocks work great for me. The facts that they are easy to shoot, load, handle, & you don't have to fit them to work reliable like 1911's, & they eat any ammo makes them perfect to ME
View Quote

1911's don't have to be fit or reworked to be accurate, unlike glocks. An 8lb. 1911 trigger feels better than the 5lb. glock squish.. I own 2 Glocks. I carry one everyday. But "perfect"? Does the OP know the definition of the word "perfect"? My G20 has the trigger reset problem. It was the first time I ever came home from the range and have my wife say, "In 20 years I've never seen you come home from the range with ammo." I still have the G20, and have my eyes on the G40 MOS. Glock the best option out there for 10mm IMHO. As previously stated, there are no "perfect" handguns for all shooters. Period. Stop it, really.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

When I bought my GenIII G19 I got one of those 10 rounders with it and it doesn't work for crap.  I can't even get much ammo in it.  I'm not sure what the deal is with that thing.  They told me when I bought it you can trade those in for a 15 rounder but I never did.  It's still sitting here.  Perfection my ARSE.  I wouldn't mind using a 10 rounder if it worked right.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top