Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 1:41:32 PM EDT
Have an early model North American Arms Guardian 32 ACP, and I think it's time too replace it, with something newer. Have not looked at pocket pistols in years. I know there are a lot of new ones available. What ones should I look at? Open to 32acp up to 9mm.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same pistol in .380acp. I liked it, but felt it was a little heavy for pocket carry. I sold it and bought a Ruger LCP. I am now checking out the Kahr CW380 for pocket carry....
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
For pocket carry I'd recommend a Glock 42 in 380 ACP or the Glock 43 which is a little larger but is in 9 MM.  I have both and they have become my daily CCW guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same pistol in .380acp. I liked it, but felt it was a little heavy for pocket carry. I sold it and bought a Ruger LCP. I am now checking out the Kahr CW380 for pocket carry....
View Quote

Thanks, will check both out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For pocket carry I'd recommend a Glock 42 in 380 ACP or the Glock 43 which is a little larger but is in 9 MM.  I have both and they have become my daily CCW guns.
View Quote

Thank you, will see if local shop has a 43 in-stock..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig P238 or P938. The 238 is a bit smaller and will fit into a pocket more easily. I would also personally prefer a single-sided safety for pocket carry rather than ambidextrous. The P938 comes with an ambi safety only, while certain models of the P238 still come with a right-handed safety only, I believe.

Other than that, Rohrbaugh or Seecamp would be my top contenders, but they can be expensive and hard to find.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one of the "blemished" Kahr P380's and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Try to handle a Kel-Tec P32. Lighter gun, same caliber, 10 round mags available, and excellent handling for such a tiny gun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try to handle a Kel-Tec P32. Lighter gun, same caliber, 10 round mags available, and excellent handling for such a tiny gun.
View Quote

If you have to have the smallest and lightest I agree the P32 is worth a serious look. I had one for a number of years and it is in a class of its own size-wise. Mine was reliable with ball and Silvertips, I never tried anything else. The negative to the Kel-Tec is that apparently some have issues (mine was good to go from the box) and it effectively has no sights. That said at 9.4 oz loaded the P32 is much lighter then the NAA or my current Kahr P380. I'm not sure the difference matters for pocket carry but if you need to carry in a shirt pocket or on a neck chain (not something I would do) the P32 is the obvious choice. It might be worth asking in your Hometown forum to see if someone local will let you try theirs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you have to have the smallest and lightest I agree the P32 is worth a serious look. I had one for a number of years and it is in a class of its own size-wise. Mine was reliable with ball and Silvertips, I never tried anything else. The negative to the Kel-Tec is that apparently some have issues (mine was good to go from the box) and it effectively has no sights. That said at 9.4 oz loaded the P32 is much lighter then the NAA or my current Kahr P380. I'm not sure the difference matters for pocket carry but if you need to carry in a shirt pocket or on a neck chain (not something I would do) the P32 is the obvious choice. It might be worth asking in your Hometown forum to see if someone local will let you try theirs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the input!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sig P238 or P938. The 238 is a bit smaller and will fit into a pocket more easily. I would also personally prefer a single-sided safety for pocket carry rather than ambidextrous. The P938 comes with an ambi safety only, while certain models of the P238 still come with a right-handed safety only, I believe.

Other than that, Rohrbaugh or Seecamp would be my top contenders, but they can be expensive and hard to find.
View Quote

Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Shield!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I would go 9mm. My favorite pocket pistol is the Diamondback DB9 and I've tried just about all of the sub 9s and 380s. It's almost as small as the Kel tec 380s, but without the crappy ballistics. My DB9 has been 100% reliable. DB has a spotty rep, but that's due to their 380s.

Alternately, Kahr PM9 is a great pocket gun, just a smidge larger than the DB.

Sig 938, Glock 43, Shield, etc... is too big for pocket carry. It will fit, but you won't forget it's there like with the DB9.

For IWB, I personally don't feel much difference between full size guns and compacts. Hence I like my Glock 20 there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
642 -round, no little safeties.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Look at the Shield
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top