Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2015 7:45:05 PM EDT
I really want one of the new gray framed glocks;  did I read here or elsewhere that the Glock frames of different colors weren’t as  strong as the standard glock frame, due to the resins or something like that?  Its been a long time since I read that, urban myth maybe?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I really want one of the new gray framed glocks;  did I read here or elsewhere that the Glock frames of different colors weren’t as  strong as the standard glock frame, due to the resins or something like that?  Its been a long time since I read that, urban myth maybe?
View Quote

That's bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's been mentioned numerous times that magpul says the black mags have the strongest polymer.

I've never seen anything other than anecdotes on this but it would stand to reason if you're adding another material to affect the color of the polymer, it would probably have an effect on the strength.

Carbon black is used when making black polymers or it was when I worked in the plastics industry long ago.
View Quote

Yes, $1,000,001>$1,000,000.

Statistically and Mathematically insignificant at most...in other words...bullshit.

Buy whatever color makes you happy OP...your Glock will outlive you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Statistically and Mathematically insignificant at most...in other words...bullshit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's been mentioned numerous times that magpul says the black mags have the strongest polymer.

I've never seen anything other than anecdotes on this but it would stand to reason if you're adding another material to affect the color of the polymer, it would probably have an effect on the strength.

Carbon black is used when making black polymers or it was when I worked in the plastics industry long ago.

At least Maynard makes me think I'm not insane, that I heard this somewhere/sometime.  O yeah I'm buying that glock 21 with the gray frame, it could be mine as soon as tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I think our friend boarklr is trying to say is that you're not gonna be able to find that limit.  So buy gray if you like the way it looks  ;)
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What I think our friend boarklr is trying to say is that you're not gonna be able to find that limit.  So buy gray if you like the way it looks  ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir, that's essentially what I've made an effort to convey.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Yeah!!! That gray frame makes the Glock have some soul to it. If I can get to the gun show tomorrow I'm buying one.  Something about that gray sets it apart from the rest, I was never a fan of the FDE but this for some reason resonates with me,
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
There is generally a strength difference in colored polymers vs. black... But you wont notice it in this application.

I kinda want one too. If i find one for $450 out and about im snatching it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh Yeah!!! That gray frame makes the Glock have some soul to it. If I can get to the gun show tomorrow I'm buying one.  Something about that gray sets it apart from the rest, I was never a fan of the FDE but this for some reason resonates with me,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree...I have a pile of Glocks and I'd really like a gray.  Which show you going to?...I'm a DFW arcommer.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Lewisville if I can make it up there....
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Haven't seen one in the wild, but happy hunting...
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#12]
What time it is.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What time it is.
View Quote

It took me 3 times reading this post before I figured out you weren't asking about the time of the gun show.

"Gray Frame  CLOCKS!" ha ha ha...

edit-Sorry ryann but that was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a grey 19 and it is my favorite Glock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I've seen a few and they struck my eye. But just something different.

Cool looking though. Would look great with a Cerakoted slide...
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never seen a gray or FDE Glock, ever. Are those coming from the factory that way or aftermarket?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a gray frame G23. I am thinking about a 21 or 17.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I just grabbed a 21 today.  Thinking about another 19 next.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've never seen a gray or FDE Glock, ever. Are those coming from the factory that way or aftermarket?
View Quote

Factory, baby.  If you see non-black slides, those tend to be aftermarket/distributor mods but the FDE, OD, and Grey frames all come from the factory.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It took me 3 times reading this post before I figured out you weren't asking about the time of the gun show.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What time it is.

You don't think they exist?  Last gunshow didn't have them, but I've seen them at shows.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You don't think they exist?  Last gunshow didn't have them, but I've seen them at shows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What time it is.

No, I know they exist. I was referring to the comment "What time it is?" since your post says " Gray frame clocks" not glocks.  I didn't know if Tacoma721 was asking what time the gun show started or joking about the title post, that's all.

I would love to have one too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were commissioned from the factory exclusively by the large distributor Lipsey's, based in Louisiana, I believe.  Both the FDE and grey Glocks.  I'm pretty sure the OD GLocks were, too.  Only gun stores that buy from Lipsey's get them new.  

I just picked up a grey G20, and it really looks good, IMO.  I've also got FDE G42 and 19, and they are pretty cool looking, too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#24]
this thread needs more pics
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Got this last week and shot it today.  No complaints whatsoever.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#26]
How does the gray compare to MagPul's Stealth Gray?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#27]
H&K did it first
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I think you may be thinking of the FN polymers?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Grey Framed 10mm long slide optics ready.  Wish they existed...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top