Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2015 2:52:11 PM EDT
Hello all, I've been wanting to pickup a new set of sights for my sweet little Glock 42, and I'm curious as to what many of you are running?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I still like the Ameriglo Classic Trijicons.
Green front, yellow rear.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the XS Sights, are they an all around good setup for carry  and range play?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the XS Sights, are they an all around good setup for carry  and range play?
View Quote

A lot of guys like them.
I have a set of I Dot's on a G19. Just not my taste.

Edited, I finally got to the range with them today and I do like them. Seem faster to pick up than 3 dot.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ameriglo with lime green ring around front tritium vial
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I automatically change sights on my full sized pistols, but my G42 sights work quite well OEM...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Send it to Glock and pay $50... Done

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Send it to Glock and pay $50... Done

View Quote

I've got Trijicon HD's with yellow front sight on my Glock 42 which were a present from my Daughter.  I had the dealer install Trijicon standard green/green night sights on my Glock 43.  I have used factory Glock nights for many years but I have no real favorite, they all 3 types work equally well for me.  For the price the Glock factory night sights are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a set of Big Dots on my 42.  When I got my 43, I thought I'd transfer them over.  Now I got Glock sights on both
They worked really well on the 42 for what it's worth, and probably would have stayed on forever if I hadn't F'd them up.

I'd like to try some combat sights next time that I can charge the weapon on my belt with.  Maybe something like these
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This-with a plain black rear.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda like this setup on my 43?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I just put on the Heinie Ledge pictured above. Looks great. Very nice sight picture for daytime use.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Dawson Precision. Sharp crisp sights, and the rear notch is cut deep enough not to block part of the front tritium when you line up the top of the sights.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just put on the Heinie Ledge pictured above. Looks great. Very nice sight picture for daytime use.
View Quote

It's all great when you have some light, but sucks when there is no light.  Then you're trying to find the dark rear notch.  I had these setups and can speak from my experience.  With any light, it makes for a very fast sight picture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top