Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a fan of the CZ P-07/P-09 series .  

The P-07 is about the size of a G19.
View Quote

It should be, and I thought it was, then I actually compared my new P07 to my G22. The magazine basepad is the only thing that makes a full size Glock any taller than the P-07. The G22 isn't even a 1/2" longer either.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

G17 size in the grip, G19 size in the slide.  I don't know about any of you, but the grip is the harder half of the pistol to conceal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I carry a VP9, that said, the VP9 is more G17 sized.

G17 size in the grip, G19 size in the slide.  I don't know about any of you, but the grip is the harder half of the pistol to conceal.

I'm a thoroughly committed Glock .40 guy. If I were going to design a perfect carry gun it would be a VP9 with a G19 height frame, 15 round mag capacity and magazines that were made by MecGar or Magpul.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
A step up from Glock

FNS 9C also in 40cal
The 9 with two 12rd and one 17rd mag

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]

If I wasn't already heavily invested in 9mm glocks I would love to pick one of these up, how is the trigger?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I was pretty impressed with the FNS. Nice trigger and good size. It also ejects properly, one thing Glocks seemed to stop doing around 2012(yeah this shit again)The FNS would be my 3rd choice after the VP9 and PPQ.

The guy who bought my FNP45 had it blow up on him and FN made it right but that gun just seemed to have design flaws. Looks like they got it right with the FNS.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Grand Power P1.  Fully ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
M&P 45C is just about exactly the same size as the G19
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
My G23/G19 and Sig M11A1 share the same leather pancake holster. A P229R in 40 will not fit same holster.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Ruger SR9c.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm waiting on the compact Strike One now, the importer said it should hit the market this year.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]
We could always wait for the Beretta APX..........

All joking aside, if it has a decent trigger, and the magwell isn't made of rubber, they might stand a chance.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Was in exactly the same boat.

CZ P07 - same size pretty much, but wiiiiide. Wound up selling it because of that.

Sig P320 - better trigger, about the same size, but it's still a bit taller. It just feels weird with all that slide on top. Shoots great though, if I could ever find a compact slide for mine, I'd be happy (I have a compact grip module for it, but haven't been able to find a compact slide/barrel assembly). I wouldn't feel bad replacing my G19 with one of these.

HK45C/HK USPC - they're ok, the 45C is just about the same size in most ways, the USPC I had was in .40...they just weren't terribly comfortable to shoot, expensive mags too. The trigger is a bit...squishy, I guess. Especially if you spend some time on a 1911 or BHP then pick up a HK...a trigger break like a fresh twig wrapped in a wool sock.

Sig P228 - Liked it, but didn't like DA/SA. Sold it. Figured it should either be a light DAO, or SAO. It's 2015, why in this day and age should I carry a gun that has varying trigger pulls? It's not the 1980s anymore. Also, it felt kinda wide for what it was.

Colt CCO - Mine's in .45 and it's a great carry package but not so fun to shoot, especially in extended range sessions. I think in 9mm or .38 Super it could be one of the best carry handguns ever made. One of my "if I ever find a money tree" plans is to build a .38 Super CCO.

BHP - this was basically where I ended up. Mine's off at Novak's now for a workover (primarily dehorning, sights and refinish but I figured while it's there...why not get some more work done anyway). It's the same height and about the same height over bore, reliable 15 round mags can be had, you can swap out grip stocks, not much heavier, etc...the slide and barrel is longer than a G19 but that's about it. In fact the only real ding against it, is the lack of a light rail. You can have one put on, but then you're basically looking at having custom made holsters made for it; I doubt anyone stocks or makes a holster for that without it being custom ordered.

While it's off being worked over, I'm still carrying/practicing with the Glock, or CCO, depending on where I'm going/what I'm doing.

I trust and respect my Glocks but other than being the correct and perfect size...it's not as good IMO as other things on the market.

Sadly most of the other things on the market just aren't the right size
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
S&W SD series are the same size.
View Quote

And are VERY good guns, full stop.  Amazing guns for what they cost.

SIG P320 Compact and CZ P07 are both darn close to G19 dimensions, as is the M&Pc.  All worth a look.  I can buy a new Gen4 G19 for $330 b/c of a work promotion.  Ill be getting a P320 first.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Just get a G19 or P320c
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 on grand power p1 and ppq...both better than glock 19.

The Beretta looks pretty sweet
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]

How you like da G32?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top