Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2015 6:11:52 PM EDT
Been noticing people across several forums inquiring about having CZ P series guns milled for red dots. There's not a whole lot out there to be found on it for these guns, but it can be done! ;) This one's got some more time to spend in the CNC to achieve it's weight loss goals, but she's coming around.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
We did some more lightening today. Didn't think to snap a pic before packaging it up to send off to our coater for cerakote.
Guess the next pic will be when it's all done.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool! Can't wait to see.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool! Can't wait to see.
View Quote

Me too. ;) I'll have it back from our coater Thursday or Friday.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Very interested to see the finished product as well. I'm a CZ lover and a P09 is on my short list of wants. Looking forward to more pics. Looks like some nice work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Pic quality is bad, sorry.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite shot.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]
10/10 !!! Would run in production optics division if it were mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
10/10 !!! Would run in production optics division if it were mine.
View Quote

You could always make one yours. ;)
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#9]
On the one in the pictures, with the front sight, do the front sight and the line on the back of the red dot actually line up and function as backup sights?
For what range is that setup sighted in (the iron sights, not the red dot)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On the one in the pictures, with the front sight, do the front sight and the line on the back of the red dot actually line up and function as backup sights?

Thanks!
View Quote

The iron sight only serves to help pick up the red dot, not to use as irons. We recommend zeroing all pistol red dots at 10 yards as that's about the average range most people are shooting pistols. For a 9mm (115gr) with a 10 yard zero, this is what your trajectory's look like. Very nice zero. You have a ~2" hit area from point blank all the way to 75 yards.

Range Drop

(yd) - (in)
0 - 0.7
5 - 0.3
10 - 0.0
15 - 0.3
20 - 0.4
25 - 0.6
30 - 0.6
35 - 0.6
40 - 0.5
45 - 0.4
50 - 0.1
55 - 0.2
60 - 0.5
65 - 1.0
70 - 1.5
75 - 2.1
80 - 2.8
85 - 3.6
90 - 4.4
95 - 5.3
100 - 6.3

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The iron sight only serves to help pick up the red dot, not to use as irons. We recommend zeroing all pistol red dots at 10 yards as that's about the average range most people are shooting pistols. For a 9mm (115gr) with a 10 yard zero, this is what your trajectory's look like. Very nice zero. You have a ~2" hit area from point blank all the way to 75 yards.<snip>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

The iron sight only serves to help pick up the red dot, not to use as irons. We recommend zeroing all pistol red dots at 10 yards as that's about the average range most people are shooting pistols. For a 9mm (115gr) with a 10 yard zero, this is what your trajectory's look like. Very nice zero. You have a ~2" hit area from point blank all the way to 75 yards.<snip>

Thanks.
I was looking for an iron sight backup solution on a CZ with a red dot.
My dots are sighted for 50 or 100 yards, depending.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Thanks.

There is simply no way you can have irons on a slide mounted red dot on a CZ. There's not enough room behind the breech face to have both, at least this is certain on the P series CZ's.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
<snip>There is simply no way you can have a red dot and irons on a slide mounted red dot on a CZ. There's not enough room behind the breech face to have both, at least this is certain on the P series CZ's.
View Quote

One can always home someone comes up with a solution, right?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>There is simply no way you can have a red dot and irons on a slide mounted red dot on a CZ. There's not enough room behind the breech face to have both, at least this is certain on the P series CZ's.

Sure can. :)

The only thing that comes to mind immediately for those who insist on having a rear iron with the red dot is being patient enough to wait on the Leupold Deltapoint Pro, which will come with a rear sight built on to it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Put 300 rounds through it today. Zero malfunctions even with 50 rounds of Tula. Shooting this gun with the Fastfire III is just cheating. Blowing out bulls eyes at 15 yards is just a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Put 300 rounds through it today. Zero malfunctions even with 50 rounds of Tula. Shooting this gun with the Fastfire III is just cheating. Blowing out bulls eyes at 15 yards is just a piece of cake.
View Quote

It looks pretty good. Let's see some more pics!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll get some more eventually. ;)
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#18]
For anyone curious on the weight, mine came in at 31.3oz. Stock weight is 31oz. So we basically managed to have this gun come in at stock weight WITH a red dot and WITH a stainless guide rod vs factory with no red dot and plastic guide rod.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Decided the front and rear of the grip could use a little more of an aggressive patterns over factory. I'd like to note that the polymer on these CZ's is...different...for lack of better word than the polymer of a Glock or other polymer framed guns. You can't treat it the same as you can if you stipple a Glock. The CZ frames aren't as lenient with the heat as Glock frames. If you aren't careful, you'll literally pull off some of the polymer with the soldering gun. I have done a metric crap ton of Glocks and M&P's. I've only done a hand full of customer CZ's, but it's the same with them all - you can't leave the soldering gun on the polymer for more than half  a second or so, or you'll pull the polymer off. Tough to explain. Try it on a spare back strap and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top