Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
my Taurus TCP has been 100% for several 100 rounds. it disappears in my pocket. i see them for sub $200 all the time
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a Taurus TCP.  It was a good shooter and I regret trading it off.  My only complaint was the sights.  For that reason, I am considering giving the Pico a go.  I miss not having a pocket gun in my lineup.  Thanks for the topic OP.  I'm also in the market for a pocket gun so this has been just the info I've been looking for.
View Quote

You are very welcome and thank you for the info on the Taurus. Is there a reason you would not go back to a Taurus? Is it just the sites? Also can the sites on the Taurus be changed out? The Pico looks good. I'm just wondering how it feels in the hand. I guess no pocket carry will ever feel great in the hand.

Keep us posted if you buy a Pico.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
my Taurus TCP has been 100% for several 100 rounds. it disappears in my pocket. i see them for sub $200 all the time
View Quote

I was wondering with the trigger guard what print it would have while in the pocket. I think I just saw on on PSA for 189.99 or was that Buds?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You are very welcome and thank you for the info on the Taurus. Is there a reason you would not go back to a Taurus? Is it just the sites? Also can the sites on the Taurus be changed out? The Pico looks good. I'm just wondering how it feels in the hand. I guess no pocket carry will ever feel great in the hand.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a Taurus TCP.  It was a good shooter and I regret trading it off.  My only complaint was the sights.  For that reason, I am considering giving the Pico a go.  I miss not having a pocket gun in my lineup.  Thanks for the topic OP.  I'm also in the market for a pocket gun so this has been just the info I've been looking for.

The TCP was great.  I never had a single ftf or fte.  I just hated the sights.  They were just tabs machined into the slide.  I ended up painting the front sight fluorescent orange and that helped a bit.  It felt decent in my hands but I have small hands.  I'll need to check the Pico out and see how it feels.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The TCP was great.  I never had a single ftf or fte.  I just hated the sights.  They were just tabs machined into the slide.  I ended up painting the front sight fluorescent orange and that helped a bit.  It felt decent in my hands but I have small hands.  I'll need to check the Pico out and see how it feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us posted on what you think of the Pico.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do.  If anything, it gives me an excuse to visit my lgs.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Will do.  If anything, it gives me an excuse to visit my lgs.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm starting to need a reason that doesn't have gun in the sentence to visit my local gun shop lol.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Sig Sauer P232
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sig Sauer P232
View Quote

That's far from a "pocket" .380, did you mean P238

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sig Sauer P232

Depends on your pocket...

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]
True, I do like the P232's, like a Walther but better

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:25:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
True, I do like the P232's, like a Walther but better

View Quote

I haven't tried the Walther. In fact I was never looking for a gun that size or caliber but I was at the gun shop and saw it used and liked how it looked so I asked to handle it. It felt so perfect in my hand that I bought it. (It was used and I was also able to test fire it beforehand too).
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]
LCP

Cost+popularity+factory support+aftermarket support

Both my wife and Dad have one, but I like bigger calibers. Its an ok gun for its size. I did try the sig 938 and as much as I wanted to love that gun, I hated it. Too small for my hands, especially in a cocked and locked kind of pistol.

Trigger on the LCP is fine. Any lighter and I wouldn't want it in my pocket.

Everyone expects a striker fired trigger on everything now a days... Meh if that's what you want, then only look at striker fired guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Funny how so many people are griping about LCP sights considering they are about identical to the venerable S&W J-Frame that has been riding around in peoples pockets (both civilian and law enforcement) since 1950...

They serve the designed purpose as "pocket gun"

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven't tried the Walther. In fact I was never looking for a gun that size or caliber but I was at the gun shop and saw it used and liked how it looked so I asked to handle it. It felt so perfect in my hand that I bought it. (It was used and I was also able to test fire it beforehand too).
View Quote

With Hogue monogrips they are superb in the hand

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Kahr PM9 for me.  It's bigger than the LCP, but only slightly.  The PM9 trigger is long, but otherwise not bad but the LCP trigger is atrocious.  I hate everything about the LCP.  The trigger sucks, the sights suck, the recoil is terrible.  But, if I needed a gun smaller than the PM9, the LCP would be my choice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Funny how so many people are griping about LCP sights considering they are about identical to the venerable S&W J-Frame that has been riding around in peoples pockets (both civilian and law enforcement) since 1950...

http://vintagepistols.com/images/642-5.jpg

View Quote

Stop it. Now you're just bringing up facts.

Back to the issue, I'm always puzzled by the people who want their pocket .380s to be NRA Bullseye pistols. If you need to shoot someone with a .380 at 25 yards: 1) re-consider the action, and/or 2) run.

If I were choosing, LCP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Back to the issue, I'm always puzzled by the people who want their pocket .380s to be NRA Bullseye pistols. If you need to shoot someone with a .380 at 25 yards: 1) re-consider the action, and/or 2) run.

If I were choosing, LCP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://vintagepistols.com/images/642-5.jpg

If I were choosing, LCP.

Yeah, I agree. The .380 is not one I want to get into a gun battle with. This is something that if I have to shoot and move to get to my primary carry gun than that is what I will do. It will also be a back up gun to my primary carry. I would rather have something on me that if someone comes into my place of work shooting, I have something more than a stapler, fist, ink pens, paperclips and printer paper to throw at them. A .380 will be much more efficient than of those items listed. The sound of returning fire to the would be shooter would give me and maybe others a break to run. That is just my thinking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I compared the TCP, LCP, Pico, and CW380 at my lgs.  I thought the Pico rode too high in my hand compared to the LCP and TCP.  Much higher bore axis.  It did have decent sights though.  The Kahr was nice but was a bit bigger than the other three.  The tolerances were incredibly tight and it hurt my thumb to release the slide.  After reading the Kahr forum it seems they're hit or miss much like the TCP.  After going through them all and weighing the pros and cons I decided to go with the LCP.  I scored a decent deal on it so that helped too.  $275 with a box of ammo.  I'll probably put a dab of white paint on the front sight and call it good.  I don't expect it to be a range toy anyway.  That's what my Sig 229 is for.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#20]
OP, I've never had a problem with it.  It shoots well at average defense distance <25yds.  I have been thinking of graduating up to the Curve, but haven't seen one at a LGS yet.  I've been trying to get my wife to try it, as I think she will enjoy shooting it too, but she prefers revolvers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#21]
The Pico is one I wish I could find locally in a store to hold and see what it feels like. I keep hearing how odd it feels in the hand.

The curve looks interesting but also looks like it might be kind of odd.

I talked to my local shop today and its my favorite shop because they do not BS you are on anything. I got a price on the Bodyguard and I might go with that. The one guy that works there has one with a laser and likes it but has not used the laser but twice to see if it worked and if it still worked. I think I might go with the Bodyguard with no laser. I'm still debating that along with all other options.

The Kahr would be one I would jump on but the hit or miss things and 200 round break in worries me.

Keep the info coming guys I have a few weeks until I go and buy something, until I will keep reading and making kydex holsters as I build up my small side business.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#22]
The Pico didn't feel right to me.  The LCP fit my hand well and I thought the trigger, although long pull, broke cleanly and predictably.  That's interesting about the Bodyguard.  My lgs stopped carrying them because too many kept coming back with problems...that's what he told me anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Pico didn't feel right to me.  The LCP fit my hand well and I thought the trigger, although long pull, broke cleanly and predictably.  That's interesting about the Bodyguard.  My lgs stopped carrying them because too many kept coming back with problems...that's what he told me anyway.
View Quote

I have not heard of any Bodyguards having to go back. I have read that a few have problems of the slide not locking back and its due to mags not the gun. Wonder what problems your local gun store was seeing?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Pico is one I wish I could find locally in a store to hold and see what it feels like. I keep hearing how odd it feels in the hand.

I talked to my local shop today and its my favorite shop because they do not BS you are on anything. I got a price on the Bodyguard and I might go with that. The one guy that works there has one with a laser and likes it but has not used the laser but twice to see if it worked and if it still worked. I think I might go with the Bodyguard with no laser. I'm still debating that along with all other options.

The Kahr would be one I would jump on but the hit or miss things and 200 round break in worries me.

Keep the info coming guys I have a few weeks until I go and buy something, until I will keep reading and making kydex holsters as I build up my small side business.
View Quote

That 200 round kahr break in is way over rated and in my opinion is a manufacturers way of covering it's ass on way to early send backs to the factory.
My PM9 has close to a 1000 rounds thru it and has never had an issue.
In other words it handles all types of ammo I have fed it the same whether it was round number 3 or 875.
Most Kahrs do have very strong and stiff recoil springs so rack the slide about 250 times before you take it out and shoot it for the first time.
And of course break the pistol down and oil it well before all that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Leaving many issues about Taurus and the Curve behind, I really question the wisdom of buying a pistol with a fixed light when LED technology is advancing at such a rapid rate. The light on the Curve is poor when I have a 162 lumen AAA-powered light in my pocket (Thrunite Ti).
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I like the lcp.  Small enough, reliable, and not bad to shoot.  They've started to pop up used locally for a decent price.  I know at least four people who carry them and all are happy.  Only one complains it's too small for his hand but short of a hand cannon they all are for him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Taurus TCP is what I pocket carry.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/rear.jpg

LoLCP

http://i.imgur.com/9Az6r56l.jpg

Pico

easy killer... I am sure you are the greatest sharpshooter the interweb has ever known. Seriously though, look at the LCP sight picture, even the "updated" version is shit.
View Quote

lol12lbtriggerpull
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#29]
can't say anything bad at all about my P3AT
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
can't say anything bad at all about my P3AT
View Quote

But what about...
trigger, sights, no last shot slide hold open, and not to mention ugly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't care about looks or slide hold. Trigger works fine goes bang every time, sights are no problem
I can hit what I aim at.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
PSA gets P238's for 400 bucks every few months.

Probably the best choice.
View Quote

$449 Daily Deal

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/11314/category/4459/
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought the Khar cw 380 Three months ago from Buds, $300    After running 200 rds through it and cleaning it after every 50 rds, It is now my for sure carry piece... A joy to shoot compared to the ruger lcp, just as concealable as anything else on the market.. with real sights..
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bought the Khar cw 380 Three months ago from Buds, $300    After running 200 rds through it and cleaning it after every 50 rds, It is now my for sure carry piece... A joy to shoot compared to the ruger lcp, just as concealable as anything else on the market.. with real sights..
View Quote

I do like the looks of them and I'm sure it would feel good in my hand. I hear nothing but good things after the break in period of the Kahr's.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top