Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 8:58:58 PM EDT
I bought my first carry pistol, a Colt Python, in 1989.  I went through about three wheel guns, and two generation 3 S&W autos before discovering the Glock 19 in 1993.  At that time the gun mags all discounted the plastic pistol as a piece of trash that would never last.  I loved the 19, and several more carry pistols have come and gone since, but the Glock 19 remained.  I still have a S&W Shield that I bought while awaiting the magical Glock 43 along with a .38 airweight.
     Recently my nephew got his concealed carry permit and I decided I would give him the Glock 19, time to buy a new main carry piece. I really like the Shield for concealment, but the skinny grip doesn't totally do it for me;  it has it's applications, but I wanted something a little more substantial.  Then the Glock 43 came out, and I was hopeful, but it ended up with a grip smaller than the Shield.  I considered a new Glock 19 and the similar offerings from Springfield and S&W, but for all of it's many positives, there are times when the 19 is just too big.
    After reading a lot of posts in many forums, I decided to go with the Glock 26, and I could not be happier. If I want to go small, I go with the flat magazines, and it's pretty small.  If I want to go with comfort, I go with the Pearce grip, which feels about like a 19, but is a bit easier to conceal.  If I feel I need more firepower, it will take those extra 19 mags I still have.  I realize there are smaller pistols out there, but I don't really need smaller, this one is the one I think will go the next 22 years.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on clothing I flip between kahr pm 9 and glock 26.   Love the 26.  I have + 0 grip extensions on and also carry a 19 mag.   26 rounds for my 26
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Try GAP floor plates. Gives you better control without adding any length.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have carried the Glock 22, 23 and 27 over the years at work and love all of them, although the 27 does try to walk out of your hand.   I just bough a S&W M&P9C and am really liking how it shoots.   A little milder than the 27 and I can get a full grip on it.   It is sized just between a Glock 19 and 26.   It is my new favorite concealed pistol.  12+1 capacity is also nice in a handgun this size.  I had a Glock 42 that would not shoot more than 50 rounds without at least one stovepipe (even though it was manufactured in Nov and had the updated parts).   Handled a Shield side by side with the M&P9c and decided the 1/4 or so extra width was well worth the extra capacity and better grip feel (at least to me).

I could also live with a 26 with a pinky extension on the mag.   What pushed me over the edge to the S&W was the free 3 mag promo they had going at the time as well as lower price ($399 shipped).  

Nothing wrong with any of the Glocks (except that damn 42) and any of the M&P's for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on clothing I flip between kahr pm 9 and glock 26.   Love the 26.  I have + 0 grip extensions on and also carry a 19 mag.   26 rounds for my 26
View Quote

Same here.....I have both the G26 and a PM9. I carry the 26 the majority of the time, but when the weather gets warmer, the PM9 is a joy to carry.....
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dave N
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Think I will add the floorplate to the flat mag, just makes sense.  Over all could not be more pleased with the platform though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a 26 in my boot when I'm not carrying a 19 or a P2000.  

A Glock 12 round mag is very comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

This

x2
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock 26 is a great weapon.  I picked up a M&P compact.  It looks to be in between the 19 and 26 size wise.  I do like the grip on it better.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm also a fan of the 26...

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm convinced it is the best gun for my needs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the G27 and it rides console duty for my fiance to have a pistol with her when she drives to and from work.

I prefer the G19 as my hands do not fit the sub compacts.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
my 26 is my go to, IF its really hot and nard to conceal i default to my PM9 or S&W 642
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Depends on how you carry I guess

I carry at 5:00 in a MTAC and really could not tell any difference between the 19 and 26, so I sold my 26 and don't miss it at all

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought my first carry pistol, a Colt Python, in 1989.  I went through about three wheel guns, and two generation 3 S&W autos before discovering the Glock 19 in 1993.  At that time the gun mags all discounted the plastic pistol as a piece of trash that would never last.  I loved the 19, and several more carry pistols have come and gone since, but the Glock 19 remained.  I still have a S&W Shield that I bought while awaiting the magical Glock 43 along with a .38 airweight.
     Recently my nephew got his concealed carry permit and I decided I would give him the Glock 19, time to buy a new main carry piece. I really like the Shield for concealment, but the skinny grip doesn't totally do it for me;  it has it's applications, but I wanted something a little more substantial.  Then the Glock 43 came out, and I was hopeful, but it ended up with a grip smaller than the Shield.  I considered a new Glock 19 and the similar offerings from Springfield and S&W, but for all of it's many positives, there are times when the 19 is just too big.
    After reading a lot of posts in many forums, I decided to go with the Glock 26, and I could not be happier. If I want to go small, I go with the flat magazines, and it's pretty small.  If I want to go with comfort, I go with the Pearce grip, which feels about like a 19, but is a bit easier to conceal.  If I feel I need more firepower, it will take those extra 19 mags I still have.  I realize there are smaller pistols out there, but I don't really need smaller, this one is the one I think will go the next 22 years.
View Quote

I would have held on to that Gen 2 with my hands and feet.  Best production Glock, evah.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dave N
View Quote

This.  I was actually sad when the ex took her 26 with her.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would have held on to that Gen 2 with my hands and feet.  Best production Glock, evah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.  But now my nephew gets to carry it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top