Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2015 12:02:59 PM EDT
I am thinking of picking up some magazine pouches to organize the chaos on range days.  I dislike having a big pile of loaded magazines flopping around in the range bag, which is currently just a small luggage shoulder bag.  There are a number of them out there, with different price ranges.  I was looking at probably 2-4 of them, half for double stack and half for single.

Mostly they are just canvas flaps with magazine pockets, and hold 5-8 magazines.  I don't want to spend a fortune, so I am curious if there are any good deals out there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking on Amazon...

Bagmaster 6 mag pouch (they also make an 8)

Federal 6 (they also make smaller ones)

Personally I would just put them all in a dump pouch.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A dump pouch is a good idea, and would probably work better with AR mags.  I just need something to keep them flopping all over the place.  Maybe those cheap tool zipper pouches would work.

I was thinking maybe there was more of a deal somewhere on mag holders, most of them seem to be around $20-25.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Midway makes a cheap range bag with like 7 pockets on the side for mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
For AR mags USGI MOLLE bandoleers work decently and are fairly cheap.  If you want to go viet-nam era retro-cool get some ammo can bandoleers, pull the white string out on the body, and slide them in.  
For pistol mags go with the amazon ones, they're about as cheap as you can get.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
They MOLLE pouches look like they'd do the trick, and they are cheap.  Thanks!

I've looked at different range bags, but I already have enough of that stuff and would rather not buy more right now.  If anything, I've thought about getting one of those rolling tool box jobs to haul stuff on longer days.  My current bag works great and is low key for a couple pistols and/or an AR, but I get tired of digging through mags since it doesn't really have any dividers or anything.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
You could buy a cheap shotgun bandolier and pop the stiches on every other column. I did this and put velcro on the back of it and mounted it to the door panel of my jeep. Holds mags, flashlights, multitools, TQs, etc. Even if you just threw it in the bag, it would tidy things up a bit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could buy a cheap shotgun bandolier and pop the stiches on every other column. I did this and put velcro on the back of it and mounted it to the door panel of my jeep. Holds mags, flashlights, multitools, TQs, etc. Even if you just threw it in the bag, it would tidy things up a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a neat idea.

Quoted:
Tuff

Those look really nice.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's a neat idea.

Those look really nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a neat idea.

Quoted:
Tuff

Those look really nice.

They are.  Nicer quality than the Midway branded stuff.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.ishot-inc.com/store/Magazine_Storage_Pouch
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.ishot-inc.com/store/Magazine_Storage_Pouch
View Quote

Thanks, I bought a couple of those--should be exactly what I am looking for.

However, I do think I might have to pick up one of those Tuff ones.  I have a handgun that has only 5 magazines, and will probably stay that way.  They're expensive and I don't like them flopping around in my storage box.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the Tuff mag holder for both single stack and double stack.  I like them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I got the I-Shot ones in the mail the other day.  They are pretty decent, and should work fine.  Loaded up with a bunch of P30 mags, they fit great.  Even for $12, I was expecting maybe being a little chintzy, but I think they will hold up well.

Quoted:
I have the Tuff mag holder for both single stack and double stack.  I like them.
View Quote

Has anyone used these with USP .45 magazines?  They have large base plates, but I would like to get one for those.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Wilson combat 1911 mags fit ok with the base pad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Wilson Combat 1911 mags fit OK with the larger base plate.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Go to I-SHOT website for mag pouches. Good quality and very reasonably priced. I have one for each brand of gun I own in different colors. I also go on EBAY and buy iron on patches for S&W, Beretta, 1911, HK, etc so they are properly labeled for each type of mag. and each manf of pistol they go to.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#17]
This may not be exactly up your alley, but someone may find it useful.

Harbor Freight canvas rigger's bag - $11

http://www.harborfreight.com/canvas-riggers-bag-38124.html

The side pouches are great for magazine storage.  There are also larger side pouches that will hold handguns.    

I have several of them dedicated for different competition divisions so I can keep all my gear together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top