BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2015 7:25:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report.
I picked mine up Saturday.
Ran 100 rounds of Fed ball and Fed 124 gr HST.
No failures of any kind.

Recoil wasn't bad, accuracy was good.
I dropped a Ghost Edge in it and polished the internals. Much better trigger pull now.

I also ordered a set of Trijicons for it.

All in all, I really like it.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have four G19s and I'm hesitant to take the plunge...

Gain - concealability / comfort IWB
Lose - utility / capacity

I'm very comfortable with the G19.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot mine Saturday and it to has been reliable.  As others noted the trigger is heavy, I dry fired mine several hundred times plus put about 100 rounds through it.  The trigger is getting better but I may polish it if it doesn't improve.  The LE dealer installed Trijicon sights which are green/green standard sights.  I have the HD's on my 42 but I have no issue using either.  For the size I think it is going to be carried a lot.  Now I just need another mag or two.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with you.  The 19 conceals well when carried appendix and it can take a proper light and extended mags for home defense.  There really isn't anything more that I could ask from it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
$406 is the mil/leo price correct?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll still carry my G19 in fall/winter when I have more clothing.

The 43 is just an easy, well made carry piece. I'm not uncomfortable with 7 rounds and an extra mag.

If I was walking the hood, the 19 would be with me.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have two 19s and its my favorite handgun. That being said, I can't carry it in a pocket or on my ankle or under a tucked in dress shirt. The 43 fills that role perfectly. It's replaced my PM9 as my office carry gun and BUG to my 19s.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I handled a 43 at the shop today. It's nice. Just big enough compared to my 42 to be really comfortable. I may go back in the morning and grab it if it hasn't sold.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#10]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the G43 is the concealed carry gun I've been searching my whole shooting life for. I absolutely love mine.

While the trigger wasn't garbage, it was heavier than what I'm used to and like in a GLOCK. A Ghost Edge connector brought it down to what feels like just about every gen3 GLOCK I've shot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#11]
OP is a self proclaimed Glock hater but has owned a dozen of them and currently owns 2.

If this doesn't explain How Glock is able to sell a billion guns nothing will.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one Glock with a stock trigger. My Gen 4 19. It is exceptional for a stock Glock trigger.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are there times when you don't carry your G19 because you can't conceal it?  If yes, the G43 is the "carry gun for times you aren't carrying a gun".  Between pocket carry, ankle carry, belly bands, and tuckable holsters there is almost always an option with a gun that small.  If you never run into situations where you don't have your 19 with you, then you probably wouldn't get much use out of the 43.

I have one on order and really look forward to trying it out.  I think it's going to be a nice gun for times when it's tough to conceal a "real" gun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#15]
G43 - is it small enough for pocket carry?

If so, might be why trigger is a bit heavier.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Polish the trigger bar and safety plunger.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dropped a Ghost Edge connector in. It didnt make it a PPQ trigger ( Damn), but it helped. Sights next.
View Quote

Mine feels nice with the Ghost edge. Still a bit stiffer break than my larger Glocks but I've found that it improves with wear. I really like the TangoDown Vickers slide stop lever in the 43 as well. I use stock levers in my larger Glocks but the 43 was difficult to use without shifting my grip.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Did you pick it up from a dealer in TN or through Glock?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I actually like the sights on mine, and hitting a 6" plate at 15yds is easy. For this reason, I'm kinda scared to fool with it, as far as changing anything.
I did have a slight problem, though. When using the mag that has the flat base, my thumb gripped the gun tighter, and under recoil I would sometimes accidently hit the mag release. Nothing a little practice won't fix though (or just use the base that has the finger extension).

I have owned a Shield and while I prefer the G43, either gun is a fine choice, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hit slide releases on Glocks, which is why I cant use the Vickers one. I WILL hold that one down. I have huge hands, and I shoot huge single action pistols most of the time.
View Quote

Try wrapping your dominant hand thumb over the meat of your support hand when you have your firing grip.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice .45s. I can see why your Glocks feel like they have "shit triggers".
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I have been waiting to hunt one of these down and I don't think i can wait much longer
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#29]
How do you use the MIC trigger cover thing? Pocket carry or ?

If you or anyone is interested in trading a pinky extension base plate for a flat let me know, I have a couple flats.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I will use it to carry IWB like I do with my G22 and MIC. I have been just pocket carrying the little G43 lately. Works pretty damn well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you or anyone is interested in trading a pinky extension base plate for a flat let me know, I have a couple flats.

I will use it to carry IWB like I do with my G22 and MIC. I have been just pocket carrying the little G43 lately. Works pretty damn well.

Are you using the MIC IWB as in lounging around the house or take the trash out kind of deal? I use a Raven Vangaurd II on occasion but I can't imagine Mexican carrying a pistol with no anchor as my primary carry method.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yea, I make no excuses. I own 2 nice 1911s (Nighthawk and Novak) and 2 Sig X5s. I love single action pistols, so when I shoot Glocks, I gotta work for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I make no excuses. I own 2 nice 1911s (Nighthawk and Novak) and 2 Sig X5s. I love single action pistols, so when I shoot Glocks, I gotta work for it

I don't like Glock triggers even compared to the DA revolvers I have.  So.....  it's not just the 1911 triggers that spoil some of us.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you using the MIC IWB as in lounging around the house or take the trash out kind of deal? I use a Raven Vangaurd II on occasion but I can't imagine Mexican carrying a pistol with no anchor as my primary carry method.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I am trying to figure out, how do you use the thing? What is the advantage over a traditional kydex holster?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yes.

I own a PPQ, which is my common carry gun. I wanted something smaller and thinner just as another tool in the toolbox.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$406 is the mil/leo price correct?

Yes.

I own a PPQ, which is my common carry gun. I wanted something smaller and thinner just as another tool in the toolbox.

As someone who also carries a PPQ, did you try the PPS?

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thats what I am trying to figure out, how do you use the thing? What is the advantage over a traditional kydex holster?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cord wraps around your belt so it pulls the trigger guard cover off when the pistol is drawn from a Mexican style carry. It can be used when carrying a pistol in pack, purse, etc. The advantage is that it adds no thickness to the pistol at all. The downside is that it's obviously not as stable as a traditional holster. Most people I've seen using them for IWB carry used it in conjunction with a clip draw or similar device.

The Raven Vanguard II I sometimes use is a big improvement on the concept. It still adds no bulk to the gun but is anchored to the belt with a single loop and requires no tether.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok. Thank you for the education
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't like Glock triggers even compared to the DA revolvers I have.  So.....  it's not just the 1911 triggers that spoil some of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur. Want to really make about all your other triggers seem "stellar"? Try a S&W M&P pistol if you have not. Holy Crap. Makes a stock GI AR trigger seem nice. Lol!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I totally don't agree.  LOL.   The trigger seems AOK to me.  Maybe I'm just turning into a Smith fanboy.  But I don't understand the knock on M&P triggers.  My G19 trigger I thought wasn't quite as good as the M&P's I've handled and shot.   I have shot Glock triggers that were well used that were much better than stock.  They were very well used though.  But when they're new... forget it.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I totally don't agree.  LOL.   The trigger seems AOK to me.  Maybe I'm just turning into a Smith fanboy.  But I don't understand the knock on M&P triggers.  My G19 trigger I thought wasn't quite as good as the M&P's I've handled and shot.   I have shot Glock triggers that were well used that were much better than stock.  They were very well used though.  But when they're new... forget it.  

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv355%3C4%3Enu%3D3235%3E392%3E252%3EWSNRCG%3D376%3B343583339nu0mrj
View Quote

Mine feels like a set trigger. Click, click. It is brand new so maybe it will get less sucky with time. And maybe the crapiness varies from pistol to pistol. For now it's ranks with worst I've had. But what the heck. It was a $399 squirt gun. Don't get me going on the sloppy rail/slide fit... Lol!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked up my blue label recently too, $380 before gay taxes.

Gun is fantastic as anticipated. Definitely a game changer. Where I found the Shield to be slightly too big and heavy, the Glock 43 skims by as pocket carry-able. Obviously a G42 would be better for that, but G43 does very well in that regard, and in 9mm!

Not sure if I just got a good one but my trigger is better than any other factory Glock trigger I've seen. It's heavier, but it has significantly less creep than the double stack Glocks I've shot. A little bit surprised of how close it shoots to a full size handgun. Of course I had to try a little bit of distance and backed up to the 100y on a 12" gong. Hit on second shot, might go up to the 200M next week just for kicks. Good gun
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:33:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I liked my G43 with the EDGE connector, but once I had the PRO connector dialed in, I really fell in love.  I did have to take off much more material than I expected.

I usually start out by shooting 150-200rds through the G19 and then go to the G43, which makes it feel much snappier than when I start with the G43.
I did have one PREMATURE Slide-Lock today, which was probably due to pushing up on the Vickers slide release (not sure what else it could be)...I modded it a bit, but it's still loose (need to take more off).  

Since I'm one of only like two people who've had issues with the TTI +2 bases, I'm going to put it on a different magazine and see if that solves it (at the moment I just load 115gr Critical Defense as the last two rounds, which it's been 100% with so far--unlike with AE 115gr FMJ, which I've had like 10 failures to feed with so far).  
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
What do you like about the Pro over the Edge?
I'm considering one. I have the Edge now and am pretty happy with it.
I was some take up in a carry pistol.

Edit: Just ordered a Pro. Guess I'll find out.

Dave N
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top