User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it is on the recommended list it really doesn't matter to me if it is +P or not.
View Quote

This

Currently my G17 is loaded with 147 gr standard pressure Rangers.  My G19 and my wife's Shield are loaded with 135 gr +P Critical Duty.  Honestly my split times aren't appreciably different with the +P than with standard pressure ammo, and in shorter barreled carry guns (especially her Shield and my G26) I think a little extra velocity helps with expansion.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I use standard pressure 147gr Federal HST for carry. I practice with 147 gr plated Rainiers that I load to match carry ammo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
147gr hst. no advantage to using +p. worse accuracy with follow up shots, why bother.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry plus P. I got a bunch of them for the price of target ammo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep standard ammo in my guns.  Reason being as lawsuit happy as many people are today, Along with the gun hating society that people are turning into, I know I won't be able to defend my lawsuit, When some lawyer and judge want to make an example out of me. When they turn this into a premeditated case when I have a planned more powerful load in my gun that killed the person instead of injured the dipshit. Maybe I'm just paranoid but... Tell me you don't see this coming?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I have standard HST and +P HST, but I currently only carry the standard. The reason is due to the lower recoil, so I can make more accurate follow up shots.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ranger T 127 +P+ as to the why part, I just happened to be in the gun shop the same day that few local cops were having him order them some bulk ammo. He asked if I wanted to get on it on too to get to a better price break and I said sure.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry standard pressure. The difference in effectiveness seems small, and the extra recoil and flash of +p isn't worth it to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I mostly carry my G19 and use 124+p Gold Dots in it. It does well in ballistic tests and is common around here.

In the summer I sometimes carry a Shield and use 115 grain standard pressure Gold Dots in that. I get faster follow up shots with the standard pressure in the Shield.

I have some HST 124's I haven't shot them enough to be confident in using them for EDC.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
124 +P Gold Dots

Why? Because that is what is given to me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top