Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
XDS is a cheesy piece of shit that can jam on the first round with a full mag and is put together with roll pins. More like a Keltec than a Glock except Keltec actually work as do Glocks. Reminds me of the Smith Sigma.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned both in the past.  I kept the Glock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
A good gun belt makes all the difference in the world for concealed carry. A soft leather belt will sag and stretch. This is the belt I have and have used for a long time.

http://www.511tactical.com/trainer-belt-1-12-wide.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The gun that feels the best in your hand may well NOT be the gun you shoot the best on the range.
View Quote

Also try picking up both guns and feel for balance.  One thing most people forget is a most important part of a fighting handgun is balance.  The XD line doesn't have it.  I have met MANY people who bought XD just because it "felt better" in the hand.

Then they shot it for awhile or ran it hard and found out why Glock is more popular.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Also try picking up both guns and feel for balance.  One thing most people forget is a most important part of a fighting handgun is balance.  The XD line doesn't have it.  I have met MANY people who bought XD just because it "felt better" in the hand.

Then they shot it for awhile or ran it hard and found out why Glock is more popular.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gun that feels the best in your hand may well NOT be the gun you shoot the best on the range.

What does successfully marketing and selling to police have to do with running a gun hard? That's the only thing Glock does better than XD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
XDS is a cheesy piece of shit that can jam on the first round with a full mag and is put together with roll pins. More like a Keltec than a Glock except Keltec actually work as do Glocks. Reminds me of the Smith Sigma.
View Quote

Wasn't the Sigma basically an exact copy of the Glock? Wasn't that why S&W got sued?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wasn't the Sigma basically an exact copy of the Glock? Wasn't that why S&W got sued?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What does successfully marketing and selling to police have to do with running a gun hard? That's the only thing Glock does better than XD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The XD was originally a service pistol, so wouldn't they be capable of being ran hard?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The XD was originally a service pistol, so wouldn't they be capable of being ran hard?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've owned three different XDs, putting thousands of rounds through each, and never had an issue with anything but crap ammo. I don't know exactly what "running hard" means though. I didn't drag them down the driveway, so they are probably crap by ARF logic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Definitely a piece of crap prone to failure out of the box. Probably dozens of torture tests like this out there: http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/pistols/1934-springfield-xd-torture-test.html

The "what I have is best because I have it" crowd is like a fanatical religion here. Especially with the Glock guys. If it weren't for the blue label program, and aftermarket parts, I don't see why anyone would choose Glock.

What is funny is that the same guys who argue AR over AK will contradict their own ergonomics AR argument when they argue Glock over XD. And like the AK, Glock has a mythic reputation for reliability that is unachievable, and a simple google search will disprove. Don't get me wrong, Glock is a great pistol, but for some reason, the Glock crowd is like cyclists, cross fitters, Scientologists and the gay agenda... You are never allowed to question the cult.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Definitely a piece of crap prone to failure out of the box. Probably dozens of torture tests like this out there: http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/pistols/1934-springfield-xd-torture-test.html

The "what I have is best because I have it" crowd is like a fanatical religion here. Especially with the Glock guys. If it weren't for the blue label program, and aftermarket parts, I don't see why anyone would choose Glock.

What is funny is that the same guys who argue AR over AK will contradict their own ergonomics AR argument when they argue Glock over XD. And like the AK, Glock has a mythic reputation for reliability that is unachievable, and a simple google search will disprove. Don't get me wrong, Glock is a great pistol, but for some reason, the Glock crowd is like cyclists, cross fitters, Scientologists and the gay agenda... You are never allowed to question the cult.
View Quote

What are some of Glock's weaknesses?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't had a Glock for very long. Got my first one a few months ago. I'd say the weakness that I've noticed this far: worse stock trigger (compared to my three XDs), tiny slide stop, small mag release, inferior ergonomics, and very poor slide to frame fit which could more easily let in foreign debris.

This is a pic of my Glock 21 and shows the terrible slide to frame fit. All of m XDs have had noticeably better fit. If I lived or used these firearms in the desert, that would be a no go. Since it just sits on my nightstand, it's no big deal. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference, but my experience with sand or mud in moving firearm parts has not been positive.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I haven't had a Glock for very long. Got my first one a few months ago. I'd say the weakness that I've noticed this far: worse stock trigger (compared to my three XDs), tiny slide stop, small mag release, inferior ergonomics, and very poor slide to frame fit which could more easily let in foreign debris.

This is a pic of my Glock 21 and shows the terrible slide to frame fit. All of m XDs have had noticeably better fit. If I lived or used these firearms in the desert, that would be a no go. Since it just sits on my nightstand, it's no big deal. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference, but my experience with sand or mud in moving firearm parts has not been positive.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m545/roostercogburn3/image.jpg1_11.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Gen 4s have a larger mag release. I am putting an oversized mag release on it and better stock trigger. Honest question, if you don't like Glock so much, then why did you purchase one or why haven't you sold it and get another XD or something else? I am not being a smart ass, sincere question.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Gen 4s have a larger mag release. I am putting an oversized mag release on it and better stock trigger. Honest question, if you don't like Glock so much, then why did you purchase one or why haven't you sold it and get another XD or something else? I am not being a smart ass, sincere question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't dislike Glock. I bought it because it is cheaper (blue label), lighter and has cheaper accessories. The differences aren't enough to really complain about. I only bring them up in Internet discussions with the Glock cult/mafia.

One great thing about Glocks is that anything you don't like is pretty easily and cheaply changed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I completely understand. Everyone should know all the cons before purchasing, even the slightest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I've carried three Glocks professionally and i just prefer the trigger and grip of an XD over the Glocks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've carried three Glocks professionally and i just prefer the trigger and grip of an XD over the Glocks.
View Quote

Luckily can be easily fixed
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top