Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2015 12:41:07 PM EDT
Put just over 100 trouble free rounds through it.   So far so good....  Here's a quick look at how the range session unfolded.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review.

Was it camera angle, or were some of the casings ejecting at 12:30 to 1 O'clock?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to give you a thumbs up on your video. Short, sweet and to the point.

Keep it up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Well done.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks and love your channel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
What is the size difference between the 42 and the 43?
It looks rather large in your hand but could be the camera angle.

But in the side by side pics I've seen, it only looks slightly bigger.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks! Keep up the great work, really enjoy your videos.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I BARELY notice the size difference between the 42 and 43.  That said, I just did an undercut on the G43 and took much more off than I did with the G42 in order for it to feel "right" to me.
I have short stubby fingers with huge palms and both guns feel almost perfect to me.  
I put a Hogue Jr. on my 42 and it felt great, but the Hogue Jr. on the 43 feels a bit too big.

I'm going to go with some brand of the grip-stickers once they come out for the 43.  I hear there are some really good brands that almost feel rubbery as opposed to gritty.

ETA:  Mike's (plouffedaddy) latest G43 video compares it to the SHIELD (spoiler:  the Shield wins in most categories--but having owned both, the G43 fits me better due to the shorter distance front to back in the grip).
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I BARELY notice the size difference between the 42 and 43.  That said, I just did an undercut on the G43 and took much more off than I did with the G42 in order for it to feel "right" to me.
I have short stubby fingers with huge palms and both guns feel almost perfect to me.  
I put a Hogue Jr. on my 42 and it felt great, but the Hogue Jr. on the 43 feels a bit too big.

I'm going to go with some brand of the grip-stickers once they come out for the 43.  I hear there are some really good brands that almost feel rubbery as opposed to gritty.

ETA:  Mike's (plouffedaddy) latest G43 video compares it to the SHIELD (spoiler:  the Shield wins in most categories--but having owned both, the G43 fits me better due to the shorter distance front to back in the grip).
View Quote

Thanks.

Embedded:

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for the review and the comparison video!  
Great information and highly entertaining!  

In the video you briefly touched on the factory sights.  Have you made a decision as to which brand/manufacturer of sights that you will be installing on the G43?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I thy I'm going to go with one of the Ameriglo pro front sight opinions but not sure which set yet
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I like my Shield now that I have the Apex kit, Trijicon HD sights and Talon grips.  I'm as commited to a firearm as I could be. Still, I look forward to trying the G43.  It just came out too late for my purposes.  Some will like the 43 and some will like the Shield--no single best handgun for all.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thy I'm going to go with one of the Ameriglo pro front sight opinions but not sure which set yet
View Quote

Thanks!  The Ameriglo pro looks like a nice choice.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagscribed for future viewing.

These are seriously under consideration for on duty BUG and/or as CCW piece for the wife.

I'd love to see a comparison video of the G43, the Shield 9mm, and the Ruger LC9s/Pro as these are the three under consideration.

Thanks again for your videos, always a informative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top