Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 1:59:37 AM EDT
My 125 round sig mk25 with 5 mags (3 20 round mags), bladetech holster, srt, short trigger, and solid steel guide rod for a Colt Combat Commander Series 70 in descent shape (~70% finish) with $200 on top?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a tough call.

I would feel better if the Colt was a full-size Government Model.

Nonetheless, are you happy with the deal OP?

That's all that matters.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
personal preference. Personally, I wouldn't..and I am a 1911 guy, but Im also a government length 1911 guy and don't care much for commanders/officers
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:34:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, not a good deal at all.  Walk away...
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't. But I'm not really a 1911 guy, especially Commanders.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta go with this. Keep the Sig especially that Sig.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

+200 did it for me.  I say no nothing to special about the Colt that warrants you giving up probably a more reliable pistol.  I love me some 1911's but that deal is just not fair.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like he would be getting the Colt plus $200.   That would be a fair trade.  I'm not sure it would be a smart one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like he would be getting the Colt plus $200.   That would be a fair trade.  I'm not sure it would be a smart one.
View Quote

Correct, I would be getting the colt +$200. I don't think its going to happen though. I'll probably just keep the mk25
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Correct, I would be getting the colt +$200. I don't think its going to happen though. I'll probably just keep the mk25
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah I misunderstood.  Not a terrible deal then but I would still keep the Sig over the Colt.  Between the two the Sig is probably more reliable.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm no fan of the P series at all and with the cash it is probably fair - having said all that I don't think I'd do it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess I'm in the minority.  I carry a LW Commander.  Been my carry gun for 20 years.

If the OP needed a carry gun, the Commander is one of the best carry guns ever made.
Commanders are rare out here in the real world.  I see a ton of 5" 1911's.  Very few proper Colt Commanders, Combat, Lightweight or otherwise.
I have a great respect for Sigs, but I like Commanders much better

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I guess I'm in the minority.  I carry a LW Commander.  Been my carry gun for 20 years.

If the OP needed a carry gun, the Commander is one of the best carry guns ever made.
Commanders are rare out here in the real world.  I see a ton of 5" 1911's.  Very few proper Colt Commanders, Combat, Lightweight or otherwise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is considering a Combat Commander.  If it were LW, I'd lean a little more that way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Not a good trade. I am going to sell my series 70 9mm commander so that I can buy a CZ75

similar to your story.
Keep the Sig
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My 125 round sig mk25 with 5 mags (3 20 round mags), bladetech holster, srt, short trigger, and solid steel guide rod for a Colt Combat Commander Series 70 in descent shape (~70% finish) with $200 on top?
View Quote

No way I would make that trade. Crazy talk.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OP is considering a Combat Commander.
 If it were LW, I'd lean a little more that way.
View Quote

I know he is considering a steel frame Commander.  
My point is proper Colt Commanders, Combat, Lightweight or 1991A1 are rare in the real world.
I'd make the trade because I like Commanders as shooters and carry guns.  
I respect Sigs but they don't do much for me.

He'd be better off with a Combat Commander anyway.  They'll last forever.
I've been babying my LW Commander over the last ten years to extend frame life.  It's got 30,000+ rounds on it that I know of.

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  That's all that needs to be said.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My point is proper Colt Commanders, Combat, Lightweight or 1991A1 are rare in the real world.

I've been babying my LW Commander over the last ten years to extend frame life.  It's got 30,000+ rounds on it that I know of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is considering a Combat Commander.
 If it were LW, I'd lean a little more that way.

Have to agree with Zeke.  Much rather have the commander.  Had Sigs in the past, they just don't work for me.  YMMV.     JD

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I don't know.  I think it's a matter of what your needs are.  If your light on carry guns and have a lot of serviced sized guns already.....  it might be a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.

I'm also a fan of Sigs...and not a 1911 fan, really, so that colors my opinion some. But in general, still not a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I love 1911s but I wouldn't get rid of that Sig. No way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Deal changed. My remington 700 xcr II 300 win mag with redfield 4-12 in leupold mounts and bell and carlson stock for his colt, 5 mags, 100 rds 45 acp, and $100.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, hard to say not knowing what else you have. Changing it from pistol to rifle means judging what purpose is best served. You were considering a like new Mk25 for a decent (dunno what that means exactly) 1911. I think that was a dubious trade. If you have other bolt guns and don't use the 700, I might consider it; it comes down to what value you place on each firearm and if it's even.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't do that trade myself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#26]
This rifle:

for this pistol +$100, 5 mags, and 100 rds 45 acp

I kind of am in between with the rifle. I like the rifle and use it for elk hunting. I have since gotten another rifle for elk hunting (a 308 tactical with a nightforce NXS 3.5-15) but I don't mind having a backup. It is replaceable though. I have $835 for the rifle, scope, and mounts and $235 for the stock. So basically, I have $1070 exactly in the total package. Minus the $100, that makes $970 for the pistol not including the 5 mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This rifle: http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/xoldsmugglerx/BNZ%20Mauser/531D129E-2410-4A2C-959C-00FAC14207E5_zpst9ijw6b1.jpg

for this pistol +$100, 5 mags, and 100 rds 45 acp

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/xoldsmugglerx/BNZ%20Mauser/07D9F9B7-C41F-4E78-9735-48A76613F65A_zpsle5qp5q2.jpg

I kind of am in between with the rifle. I like the rifle and use it for elk hunting. I have since gotten another rifle for elk hunting (a 308 tactical with a nightforce NXS 3.5-15) but I don't mind having a backup. It is replaceable though. I have $835 for the rifle, scope, and mounts and $235 for the stock. So basically, I have $1070 exactly in the total package. Minus the $100, that makes $970 for the pistol not including the 5 mags and ammo.
View Quote

Money wise that Commander isn't worth $970, IMO. Though the rifle isn't worth that used either. I still wouldn't make that trade.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm not one to shed tears at an imperfect finish, but that Colt has seen some use. Don't think I'd place the value that high myself.
The mag value depends on whether they're quality or Checkmate.

Personally, I'd be a no. But it sounds like you like that series 70 if you keep considering trades.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm not one to shed tears at an imperfect finish, but that Colt has seen some use. Don't think I'd place the value that high myself.
The mag value depends on whether they're quality or Checkmate.

Personally, I'd be a no. But it sounds like you like that series 70 if you keep considering trades.
View Quote

Yeah I do like it a lot, but I just don't know. The guy seems to want a pretty penny for it. They are promags so figure junk prices for those. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned those.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. My first pistol (that my Dad bought me on my 15th bday) was a Combat Commander. God I miss that gun!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck it.  Get both.  Get a cash price on the Commander.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn, that Colt looks beat to hell.  J/K
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Not worth it.  That Colt looks like it's been rode hard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll take that Garand action off your hands!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#35]
It would be a no for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I can see why you're in the quandry you are.  

I think when something becomes too difficult to figure out, there might be a reason for it.  Maybe it's just best to walk away.  Who knows.  Only you can decide that.  I can see why you'd want that pistol.  But I also agree with the others that I'd be skeptical on the condition of it.  Might be mostly holster wear.  Or not.   Have you shot it?  Someone that owns promags with their 1911 kind of raises a red flag to me.  I wonder if they work.  That would be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I would not do that
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh, I'd offer him $550-600 cash for the gun and ammo (if factory) tops. That thing looks like it's seen some use, and really it's a Colt but otherwise nothing too special, just a '70s Colt.

If the mags he has are Pro Mags, don't even factor them in the price.

I love the Series 70's guns, but I'm not sure I'd be entirely comfortable carrying a 1911 cocked and locked all the time without a FPS. Drop that sucker onto a tile floor while using the crapper and all bets are off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top