User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI, Smith & Wesson is currently running a promo if you buy a new M&P they will give you three free magazines via mail. Promo runs until the end of May.
View Quote

SOLD! I need a new striker fired .45 to go with my 1911's... The M&P45 Midsize it is! Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've owned them all except the VP9.  M&P or PPQ are the last ones I'd part with.

Here's my personal ranking:
M&P
PPQ
G17
Steyr
P320
P99
FNS
XDM
XD
SR9
View Quote

Solid ranking! I'd have to agree 100% with that order except; I'd toss the G17 for a G19, but everything else is spot on in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys are going to laugh but I ended up buying 2 pistols today and neither was polymer.

I ended up buying and picking up today a Browning Buckmark Plus UDX (blued) and I have a deposit on a Browning Hi-Power Standard which I can pick up in 31 days (NJ has one pistol every 30 days). I have wanted a .22 target pistol for a while for a variety of reasons.

In shops in NJ Hi-Powers are basically nonexistent and the shop got 2 in yesterday - a MK3 and a Stanrdard. I know they won't last long here in NJ. I always liked it, so they took it out - I played with it and I loved it. Amazing grip and so incredibly well made. The price made me gasp a little but its an all metal gun with real wood grips. The one I got has the adjustable rear sights.

Yeah they are expensive but no worse than a Sig or an HK - you only live once. And Hi-Power mags and parts are cheap having been around since before WW2.

So thats that. I will take some pics to show you all my modest gun collection.

Thank you all again for your input!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You guys are going to laugh but I ended up buying 2 pistols today and neither was polymer.

I ended up buying and picking up today a Browning Buckmark Plus UDX (blued) and I have a deposit on a Browning Hi-Power Standard which I can pick up in 31 days (NJ has one pistol every 30 days).

In shops in NJ Hi-Powers are basically nonexistent and the shop got 2 in yesterday - a MK3 and a Stanrdar. I know they won't last long here in NJ. I always liked it, so they took it out - I played with it and I loved it. Yeah they are expensive but no worse than a Sig or an HK. And Hi-Power mags and parts are cheap having been around since before WW2.

So thats that. I will take some pics to show you all. Thank you all again for your input.
View Quote
I can understand he Hi-Power. They're better than a damn 1911. I stisti want one in .40 S&W.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can understand he Hi-Power. They're better than a damn 1911. I stisti want one in .40 S&W.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up buying and picking up today a Browning Buckmark Plus UDX (blued) and I have a deposit on a Browning Hi-Power Standard which I can pick up in 31 days (NJ has one pistol every 30 days).

In shops in NJ Hi-Powers are basically nonexistent and the shop got 2 in yesterday - a MK3 and a Stanrdar. I know they won't last long here in NJ. I always liked it, so they took it out - I played with it and I loved it. Yeah they are expensive but no worse than a Sig or an HK. And Hi-Power mags and parts are cheap having been around since before WW2.

So thats that. I will take some pics to show you all. Thank you all again for your input.

Whats funny I played with and than I looked at the tag and was like GASP. Oh boy, thats a lot. I put it down and was like um, yeah…. I know they aren't common at all in NJ, sure I could get on Gunbroker. The guy told me he hasn't seen one in the shop in 2 years, he said I am not pushing but if you are interested you should think about it as they won't be here long. I said I know.

I said the heck with it and put a deposit on it as I can't buy again for 30 days.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top