Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just started going through the same sort of decision, Beretta, Sig or maybe CZ75. I prefer the 1911 platform and love the trigger, thinking now that I'll go P226 SOA or something from the X-Five line and an outside shot at a P210. Anyway, not exactly the same process or decision as the OP, but figured my journey might help. Already have a Glock 9mm and wanted something different largely for range work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Berretta 92 hands down. Mostly because I'm experienced with it and reall just enjoy them,
I don't like SIG for various reasons
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I fucking hate the M9 with a passion .
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Beretta M9A1. Easier holster finding, and the recoil buffer is overkill on a 9mm gun (it was made for the 40). The dovetailed front sight is an advantage, but tooltech did my M9A1 and it wasn't much more than the cost of a dovetailed 92A1 sight.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd take the Beretta out of the 2, but would rather a CZ 75B over either.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've carried both overseas but have a stronger preference to the Beretta.  However, you should choose base on your needs and desires.  They each have a different manual of arms.  You really can't lose both are solid performers.

CD
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beretta M9A1. Easier holster finding, and the recoil buffer is overkill on a 9mm gun (it was made for the 40). The dovetailed front sight is an advantage, but tooltech did my M9A1 and it wasn't much more than the cost of a dovetailed 92A1 sight.
View Quote

Definitely consider this. I like my 92A1, but the holster selection for it isn't very good. If you do plan to get a Beretta 92 series pistol, it would be a good idea to go with one of the more common ones that have better holster choices.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Beretta! If grip is too large get a vertec
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Beretta is a very accurate and reliable design, but so is the Sig. I find the 92 to be more enjoyable and shootable. I have small hands and am left handed, so the 92 is my choice. I have three. An M9, Italian 92FS(best shooter and trigger of the three), and a new M9A1. I would add a Wolff TCU, metal trigger and D hammer spring. They are very easy upgrades and dramatically improve the trigger on a Beretta.

Double stack Sigs are virtually unsuable due to the grip size/shape, but the Beretta works just fine. Even a full size G20 and USP9 is easier to handle for me than the P226.

I have and love my P220, so it is not the Sig design itself that causes me problems, just the chunkiness of their double-stack offerings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Beretta for me, I just never have gotten into the Sigs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  I have been carrying a Sig 229/239 for the past 17 years.  Good trigger but due to the slide release catch placement my thumb at times cause the slide to not lock in place when the last round is fired.  Thus making reload drills into malfunction drills.  The Beretta's trigger is smooth but long.  The open top design cuts down on weight but allows foreign matter to enter the action.  The Berreta slide is long and makes CQB a little more difficult.  Shoot both and see which works for you,  There is no right or wrong answer, there is only your answer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I prefer German sigs. Once you own/shoot one you'll understand.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hands down, I would pick a Sig over Beretta. P226 is a much better gun, and the slide mounted safety on the Beretta is all retarded and backwards.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd probably grab my Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical over a SIG Mk25.

GTG out of the box.

Decocking only, no safety.  

Beretta has a reputation for being terribly accurate.  Maybe even more so than SIGs.  

For various reasons, I don't really care about SIG.  Some of it is the hype they generate, "cuz good enuff for SEALS good enuff for me!"  Other reasons would be the placement of the slide stop and decocking levers.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I have always wanted a sig of some sort because I've never had one.  And I've only fired one once and it was a 229 in .357 sig.  Which felt like more than I wanted to handle on a regular basis.  I think the 239 is the ultimate carry gun in theory.  But again, haven't had one.  

And that all said, I own an M9 and it's been my highest round count pistol.  It's accurate, easy to shoot, fun to shoot, and after shooting DA revolvers more I don't really have an issue with DA/SA.  Which I actually think is a good idea in a carry gun.  Which I know most will poo poo that.  I will say I think the M9 also feels way better in my hand in stock form, between the two.  I think with some hogue grips on a Sig it's better than the stock plastic grips that have very little traction to them.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I got both and couldn't be more happier.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top