BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why would you want something that small for range/nightstand use???

Here's my night stand gun.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo157/Furyataurus/011_zpsf51a3686.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at a few options (Canik TPS9, Ruger SR9E, Shield 9mm etc etc). For the money which would you go with? Will be used for a range blaster/nightstand gun.

Why would you want something that small for range/nightstand use???

Here's my night stand gun.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo157/Furyataurus/011_zpsf51a3686.jpg

A silencer for use in the middle of the night while the rest of the neighborhood is sleeping. How thoughtful.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I personally don't find sub compact guns like the Shield fun range guns. I'd stick with a FS gun if it were my money.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Me too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally don't find sub compact guns like the Shield fun range guns. I'd stick with a FS gun if it were my money.

Me too

Me three.
with a rail for a light.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I am going to pass on a little bit of wisdom that took me almost thirty years of buying guns to figure out.

Figure out the gun you really want and/or really need THEN save your money and look for it at the best price (cry once). Choosing a gun to fit into a pre-determined budget often ends up in disappointment. For me anyways

I am not saying there are not some good guns for $400 but $100 or $200 more opens up far more options.

Also, consider things like magazines cost/availability and spare parts and customer service. I found out with something as simple as a recoil spring change on an ARCUS 98DAC that a lack of available spare parts and customer service can leave you with a paperweight.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am going to pass on a little bit of wisdom that took me almost thirty years of buying guns to figure out.

Figure out the gun you really want and/or really need THEN save your money and look for it at the best price (cry once). Choosing a gun to fit into a pre-determined budget often ends up in disappointment. For me anyways

I am not saying there are not some good guns for $400 but $100 or $200 more opens up far more options.

Also, consider things like magazines cost/availability and spare parts and customer service. I found out with something as simple as a recoil spring change on an ARCUS 98DAC that a lack of available spare parts and customer service can leave you with a paperweight.
View Quote

Good advice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
thanks, sound advice

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top