Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 3:04:20 PM EDT
I normally carry an LC9 IWB which works perfectly for most situations. However, when I need to dress up for work I am unable to hide it. I even have a tuckable Crossbreed holster but it's way too obvious without an untucked shirt. I want to find a pocket pistol for pocket carry if I'm dressed up. The LC9 is way too large in my pocket, it looks like I'm carrying a brick. What pistols should I look at? The LCP is already on my list to investigate but I'm sure there are other worthy options. .32 ACP or .380 ACP preferred. I'm not opposed to revolvers either if they're small enough, but semi-autos seem to universally be thinner.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The gun I carry when I can't carry a gun is the LCP.  The only thing I did to mine is add the finger extensions to the mags.

It just can't be beat for deep concealment.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The new generation Lcp is a wonderful gun..I prefer it over my Kahr cw380
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I can shoot my G42 much more accurately and quickly than I can my LCP....I am a fairly experienced pistol shooter, but the short sight radius and the double action trigger that breaks very close to the front of the grip makes it difficult to shoot accurately at distances over a dozen yards or so... I am able to shoot my G42, which has a typical Glock trigger break, and fairly decent sights much more accurately and quickly... and for me, repeatable hits at a further distance, is important....
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Kahr CW380 for the same purposes.  Very nice trigger, smooth but long--more like a good DA revolver.  Finish works well for the Florida heat and humidity. LCP is a good choice too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#5]
haters gonna hate...but a Taurus TCP is awesome.  Lightweight, better trigger than both the Keltec and the Ruger LCP hammer, and last shot hold open/slide lock all for under $200 in your pocket if your google-fu is strong.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
haters gonna hate...but a Taurus TCP is awesome.  Lightweight, better trigger than both the Keltec and the Ruger LCP hammer, and last shot hold open/slide lock all for under $200 in your pocket if your google-fu is strong.
View Quote

After the FIL went through two of them because the main pin bent and messed up the frame and Taurus had to replace it twice after 3 send in's I would never recommend one to anyone.  Way to many better options and better quality pistols.  I do not normally draw a line in the sand on pistols but Taurus for sure gets a line in the sand for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

After the FIL went through two of them because the main pin bent and messed up the frame and Taurus had to replace it twice after 3 send in's I would never recommend one to anyone.  Way to many better options and better quality pistols.  I do not normally draw a line in the sand on pistols but Taurus for sure gets a line in the sand for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I tried to give them a number of chances when I was younger. Nope, I don't suggest them to anyone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The gun I carry when I can't carry a gun is the LCP.  The only thing I did to mine is add the finger extensions to the mags.

View Quote

What wolfstar says.

There is no smaller or lighter gun in 380 that I'm aware of that costs so little and runs so well.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1.  This. It does need at least a pocket holster to keep it in the proper position when you need to get to it.

I found it to go top of slide to the bottom unless it was in a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The Sig P938 in a pocket holster works fine for me.

free photo hosting
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I carried a Keltec P38T as a back up on the PD. I still carry it on occasions where a minimal size is important.
I did have to qualify with it at 25 yards to carry on the PD, so it will do the job.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Kahr PM9
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry a Keltec P32 with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I wear cargo pants a lot, and it absolutely disappears. Even blue jeans work OK with it. The P32 is weaker than 380, but has an extra round plus last round hold open. Hard to get much slimmer. Mine is very reliable and accurate at self defense distances.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Another Kahr CW380 here. I also have an LCP but prefer the Kahr (better shooter)

I would add that if you are printing with an LC9 and a tuckable holster you should try a different holster (maybe even just a different location or more cant). Hiding that gun shouldn't be a problem unless your shirts are very tight. I carried an SR9C in an MTAC today under a tucked in polo. It wasn't an issue, and I don't wear baggy shirts. I am not a large person either at 5'6" 170#
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT HC in a Galco PH436. I've got close to 500 rnds through it without a hiccup. The trigger sucks but I never expected it to be good. The grip is better than the LCP and I don't need a slide stop lever on a pocket pistol. Yes the Ruger is prettier. I've thought about trading it for a Kahr CW380 but I can't seem to come up with good reason why I should. It's cheap and ugly just like my girlfriend.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

it kills me that you can't get the 8 round TCP mags or +1 extensions anymore! I had been seriously considering the TCP but it bothers me how Taurus doesn't seem to support it and aftermarket options are drying up.

I am not a Kahr fan but I think dollar for dollar, the CW380 seems to be a decent compromise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#18]
a comment for you that might have an early model P3AT... mine is pre external extractor spring, and I had an issue with the trigger axis pin slipping down (located behind the trigger)... unload, and check that the pin has not slipped down (I later epoxied mine in place).. if it does,  the trigger was able to  rotate far enough to contact the front of the grip before it could release the hammer... my LCP has a shouldered pin that cannot slip... don't know if the newer KelTecs have the shouldered pin
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kahr PM9
View Quote

or P380

Damn Kahrs are tiny...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would add that if you are printing with an LC9 and a tuckable holster you should try a different holster (maybe even just a different location or more cant). Hiding that gun shouldn't be a problem unless your shirts are very tight. I carried an SR9C in an MTAC today under a tucked in polo. It wasn't an issue, and I don't wear baggy shirts. I am not a large person either at 5'6" 170#
View Quote

I didn't think I'd have trouble but the first time I tried I looked in the mirror and it looked like I had a brick on my hip. I wish I'd taken a picture because this was BAD. It wasn't normal CCW print anxiety. I'm 5'11" and 170 pounds, and my holster is a Crossbreed Mini Tuck. I also had a narrow little dress belt and the holster clips were pretty much slapping me in the face out of visibility.

So from this thread, it seems LCP is the way to go for .380, and I should at least look up the KelTec P32.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I like the dimensions of the Keltec P-32, that is truly tiny and definitely worth a look.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#22]
my two pocket carry guns are a Taurus TCP in .380 and a Kahr CM9 in 9mm

i trust my life to both
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I will probably pick something up myself this year. Still undecided on something like a LCP or a J frame.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#24]
How about a Sneaky Pete holster for the LC9.  If anyone asks just tell them it is a case for a Samsung Galaxy Note

Linky
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How about a Sneaky Pete holster for the LC9.  If anyone asks just tell them it is a case for a Samsung Galaxy Note

Linky
View Quote

I work in IT, everyone would want to see it if they thought it was a gadget!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:58:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Well, it IS a gadget, just a mechanical one

OP: I originally mentioned my CW380 but revisiting your question I do pocket carry a CM9 a lot in casual shorts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Works for me.

20150319_152421 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The new generation Lcp is a wonderful gun..I prefer it over my Kahr cw380
View Quote

Yep, better sights and trigger.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#29]
The LCP Custom model is nice. Better trigger and sights.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love mine...........
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just noticed the new sights.  Only noticed the flashy trigger before.  I'll have to take a look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top