Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 12:15:06 PM EDT
I bought a Glock 17 for the purpose of concealed carry to replace my Glock 19.

I untuck shirt OWB so I can carry a full size weapon no problem.

My Glock 19 was purchased along with Glock tritium night sights, however I want to shop prior to replacing them this time.

What is your preferred night sights?

Someone recommended Hiviz light pipes to me but I am not quite sure about that. I would prefer tritium three-dots due to my familiarity and preference of radioactive glow in the dark functionality
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon HDs
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs
View Quote

Shortest..........thread..............ever.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
10-8 rear, tritium front

All my pistols I use for either competition or carry is set up this way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Trijicon 3-dot (green/green).
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Ameriglo I-Dot or I-Dot Pro
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
I prefer these to the Trijicon HDs because I like the dot over dot alignment of the tritium sights vs the 3 in a row.

Either way, that front sight is great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs
View Quote

The correct answer
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs
View Quote

This^^^^
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs
View Quote

These or the standard Trijicon 3 dots.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the Trijicon HD's on my Glock 19. The big dot up front helps me point and shoot quickly, plus the night sights are there if I should need them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:47:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

TPNI
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't carry here but I like the Heinie sights and the Warren Tactical sights 2 dot vertical sights.  I have these style of sights on all my Glock pistols.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I prefer these to the Trijicon HDs because I like the dot over dot alignment of the tritium sights vs the 3 in a row.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto!

been carrying mine like this for 10 months
like HDs for only $80
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the Glock night sights.

The bigger rears are nice on the range, but I don't where the extra bulk is.  It makes a sharp corner that's always on my shirt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#16]
The Trijicon HD's are nice,but the rear sight has a larger profile which usually is not covered by standard sweat shields on holsters. Then the HD's may rub on the Dunlaps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Carried Trijicon for a number of years, now I prefer T.F.O. sights from Tru-glo.  I have them on Glocks and XD's.  I'm in the market to buy a set to go onto a Colt Rail gun I have and see how much I like them on 1911's.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I've swapped most of my night sights for fiber optics after shooting with Frank Proctor some.  That said, if I'm going to use night sights, I prefer Trijicon HDs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can't carry here but I like the Heinie sights and the Warren Tactical sights 2 dot vertical sights.  I have these style of sights on all my Glock pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went 2 dot and I am slowly converting all my pistols over..... (the ones I carry at least)
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I like HDs, trijicon novak sights, and Dawson precision.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://img.tapatalk.com/62a66805-99d4-8e4b.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the Ameriglo I dot pro's. I have them on my primary carry glock 19 and have had very good luck. I can eek out a little better accuracy on my other g19 with warren tactical plain black rear/FO front but both are fast.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#23]
AmeriGlo HACK.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
AmeriGlo HACK.
View Quote

I just ordered a set of these from Brownells.  Hopefully they will be here this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I-dots or Hacks from Ameriglo. I've always liked Trijicon night sights, but they don't give me double the performance for double the price over Ameriglo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Trijicon
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
all of my pistols are setup the same way.

Night sight front, black rear - makes for a fast and amazing sight picture

The Glocks have ameriglo night sights and a black ameriglo rear.

The 1911's have trijicon front night sights and one has a 10-8 rear and the other a black novak (removed rear NS on both).

I love the setup but YMMV
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Heinie Straight Eights. Have a set (Ledge) on the G26 and the Slant Pro on the USP Compact.

If they had offered a ledge style sight for the HK I would have went with that option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs

Far and away the best sights I've ever shot.  I've tried em all, only sight that speeds up my time AND accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:53:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Trijicon HD with yellow luminiscent front.  My eyes pick up the yellow faster.  Your eyes may be different.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:47:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Mep 3-dot.  I prefer Meps because the plastic stays white and does not wear/rub off.  Heinie 8s for target night sight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#33]
I love the hackathorns.   high vis orange front for day
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Heinie Ledge Straight 8's, or heinie flat black rear with 1 dot up front.
Yes I have a set of trijicon HD on my G19. as well, they are nice.  I found that once I went to the 2 dot or 1 dot set-ups, I am both faster and more accurate. My eyes are naturally drawn to the front when there is nothing shiny in back to draw attention.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I am pleased with my Sevigny tritium carry sights
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I really favor the Trijicon HD sights for all of my handguns at the moment. The high visibility colored front sight post is fantastic. I prefer the orange front sight post over the yellow front sight post as my eyes pick up on it faster.

In a perfect world Trijicon would only place a single dot below the rear notch. Having said that, I really like the Heinie Ledge Straight Eight sight sets. I have no ideal why anyone would want the SlantPro rear sight. The SlantPro rear sight makes it very difficult to do one handed reloads as the curved backside of the rear sight wants to slide off of the surface being used to resist the movement of the slide.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I really favor the Trijicon HD sights for all of my handguns at the moment. The high visibility colored front sight post is fantastic. I prefer the orange front sight post over the yellow front sight post as my eyes pick up on it faster.

In a perfect world Trijicon would only place a single dot below the rear notch. Having said that, I really like the Heinie Ledge Straight Eight sight sets. I have no ideal why anyone would want the SlantPro rear sight. The SlantPro rear sight makes it very difficult to do one handed reloads as the curved backside of the rear sight wants to slide off of the surface being used to resist the movement of the slide.

View Quote
Ameriglo I Dot Pro

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Trijicon.

They do the whole tritium thing pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Carried Trijicon for a number of years, now I prefer T.F.O. sights from Tru-glo.  I have them on Glocks and XD's.  I'm in the market to buy a set to go onto a Colt Rail gun I have and see how much I like them on 1911's.

http://tacticalgunreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/TG-TFO.gif
View Quote

Another vote for TFO's. Bought one set and now they are on all my Glocks, 6 of them
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ameriglo I Dot Pro  

http://i.imgur.com/5wFhPaT.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ameriglo I Dot Pro  

While the Ameriglo sights have the configuration I prefer, their quality has always been lacking in my experience. In the past I have had and/or seen their tritium vials fail, fall out, and the paint used in the outline of the front sight be removed by cleaning solvents. Unless Ameriglo's quality has improved over the last year significantly I do not consider their reduced price as compared to the Trijicon HD sights a worthwhile trade off.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I like my Bowie Tactical (Trijicon) on mp M&P's.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm really liking the Vickers Elite sights by Wilson Combat that came on my 17.

*pic borrowed from Wilson Combat
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
While the Ameriglo sights have the configuration I prefer, their quality has always been lacking in my experience. In the past I have had and/or seen their tritium vials fail, fall out, and the paint used in the outline of the front sight be removed by cleaning solvents. Unless Ameriglo's quality has improved over the last year significantly I do not consider their reduced price as compared to the Trijicon HD sights a worthwhile trade off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ameriglo I Dot Pro  

I'm surprised. I have always heard good things about them, and my several experiences with their products have been top notch. Especially where the vials are concerned, because Ameriglo uses Trijicon tritium vials in their sights. I think all sights are susceptible to paint falling out of them, I have seen where it has happened to the HD sights, so I am sure it can happen to the I Dot's as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top