Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 8:07:49 AM EDT
I posted in the Beretta section, but didnt get a response. Thought I'd get better viewing here.

I have a 21A in 25acp that I reload for. Used for plinking and fun shooting.

Recently came across some lead cast round nose bullets, 50 grains.

Should I have any issues shooting these in my pistol?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I shoot at some ranges that require lead bullets only. I reload 25 with lead round nose. May take a bit to find the powder that will run the gun ( we use 1.2 grains bullseye- we made a small dipper out of a shortened 22 rimfire case with a handle soldered on) it is the same load we use with a jacketed bullet. A bit less accurate but runs fine. Both my brother and I have 25acp 21's and they shoot very well- hold groups inside a playing card out to ten yards and inside the ten ring of a b27 at 25 yards. My brother shoots his a bunch ( has probably exceeded the round count service life of the gun several times over) and has broke a couple firing pin retaining pins, sometimes resting in loss of firing pin and spring so keep
Some spares on hand. Sure it is only a 25 but laser accurate and very reliable there are worse things you could carry
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, just looking for something cheap to plink with. Picked up 125 for $9 shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top