BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe I have been shooting pistols wrong all along then?  With being right handed left eye dominant on rifles, I can overcome it - squint left eye or force focus the right and I can manage.
For pistols I have to absolutely close or squint heavily my left eye, so I am using my right (non-dominant) eye to shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooting cross dominant will also produce some strange groups. Try putting a patch over your weak side eye and see if the groups straighten out before you change up your grip or adjust your sights. Then it might just be as simple as putting a more prominent front sight (like fiber optic or Trijicon HD) on your gun.

Maybe I have been shooting pistols wrong all along then?  With being right handed left eye dominant on rifles, I can overcome it - squint left eye or force focus the right and I can manage.
For pistols I have to absolutely close or squint heavily my left eye, so I am using my right (non-dominant) eye to shoot.

Don't do anything funky with your eyes...if you're cross dominant (like I am) and the sights are aligned when you have both eyes open, or if one eye is closed, it doesn't matter....the bullet should hit point of aim.  Cross dominance is not some affliction that requires magic joojoo to correct.  I would suspect that the problem is in your trigger finger....this comes down to trigger control, and ensuring that your trigger finger is not moving the gun to the left when and before it breaks. It may help to rotate the strong hand around the grip, (on your guns with adjustable backstraps, you can enlarge/shrink the grips) to got the best placement of your trigger finger on the trigger. Center of the pad should be on the center of the trigger....pull directly to the rear.  Don't stop dry firing until it's habit....then learn to get this grip drawing from a holster.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top