Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2015 5:29:12 PM EDT
Beretta APX.

Linky
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They could have done better with the look of the slide.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So, I'm going to guess this is their MHS entrant.

Looks like a Taurus.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It's cool to see old-school DA/SA companies going to striker fired designs, and I imagine this will sell well, at least at first.  But damn, that slide is ugly.  I wish they had just done front cocking serrations.  It would also be cool to see top serrations as standard.  My prediction: it's a less sexy PPQ.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a VP320.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a VP320.
View Quote

Looks like my SD9VE minus the stainless slide, or the older SD9.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They could have done better with the look of the slide.
View Quote

And the squared trigger guard. Aside from those two issues, I kinda like it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#7]
They couldn't possibly have made that slide any uglier

I wonder how the trigger is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes.  Finally.  Forget that PX4 shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Slide reminds me of the old Akro Mills storage totes...

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Pistols get uglier and uglier each year
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Huh.

A VP9 PPQ Beretta.  

It should be cheap to make at least.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#14]
The more I look at it, the more I'm liking it. I just hope they do some fine tuning on the slide and trigger guard. Regardless, Beretta needs to drop the Bruniton finish and start doing Melonite or something along those lines. I really like the slide finish on my Sig SP2022 (Nitron?).
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, I'm going to guess this is their MHS entrant.

Looks like a Taurus.
View Quote

My first thought, on both counts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Kinda looks like a Canik to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Form follows function.

It looks like it has excellent purchase on the slide with those serrations.  The grip looks to fit the human hand well and it appears to have a replaceable back strap.

Most newer striker fired triggers are an advancement over previous pistols and hopefully this follows suit.

Also, hopefully Beretta had the good sense to not design it around new mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Form follows function.

It looks like it has excellent purchase on the slide with those serrations.  The grip looks to fit the human hand well and it appears to have a replaceable back strap.

Most newer striker fired triggers are an advancement over previous pistols and hopefully this follows suit.

Looking at the baseplate it doesn't appear to be a standard 92FS mag.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Form follows function.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Form follows function.

Hopefully it will accept M9/92 magazines.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the Glock was raped by an Italian whore and this was the conception.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#21]
The more I look at it, the more I want to try one. Hope they make a subcompact.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Is it like the Sig p250 with respect to changing calibers?

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I've long considered Glocks some of the "ugliest and cheapest looking" pistols on the planet.  There is nothing that I like about them aesthetically.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and Glocks are proven performers...

I kinda dig the Beretta.  It's so ugly it has to be good.  It looks "comfy".  Would like to try it out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like the Glock was raped by an Italian whore gigolo and this was the conception.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The more I look at it, the more I'm liking it. I just hope they do some fine tuning on the slide and trigger guard. Regardless, Beretta needs to drop the Bruniton finish and start doing Melonite or something along those lines. I really like the slide finish on my Sig SP2022 (Nitron?).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe I read it is nitrated.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/24/beretta-introduces-its-first-striker-fired-pistol-the-apx/

Translated

The cart is machined stainless steel – nitrided in black during production to make it scratch-resistant, anti-corrosion and anti-reflection – and has showy grooves front and rear for easy handling; grafts of the dovetail, it hosts Targets with references round of white color for a rapid alignment, which can be adjusted according to a system of new conception. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/24/beretta-introduces-its-first-striker-fired-pistol-the-apx/#sthash.8CnlTD47.dpuf

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe I read it is nitrated.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/24/beretta-introduces-its-first-striker-fired-pistol-the-apx/

Translated

The cart is machined stainless steel – nitrided in black during production to make it scratch-resistant, anti-corrosion and anti-reflection – and has showy grooves front and rear for easy handling; grafts of the dovetail, it hosts Targets with references round of white color for a rapid alignment, which can be adjusted according to a system of new conception. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/24/beretta-introduces-its-first-striker-fired-pistol-the-apx/#sthash.8CnlTD47.dpuf

Good deal! Better late than never, no?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#27]

You know, a lot of fuss is made about bore axis. The main story is that it doesn't necessarily make a pistol slower to shoot, and a low-axis pistol, no faster. But the recoil characteristics are entirely different.

This pistol looks like it puts your hand is way up there. IPSC world champions aside, I bet it would be a really straight back recoil with very moderate muzzle rise in whatever caliber it's chambered.

Now the only thing to fuck up is the reliability and trigger. Beretta is known for pretty reliable pistols, so that's probably covered, and all striker guns are variations of shitty staple gun triggers, so there's nowhere to go but up!

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Reminds me of the ill fated Kimber KPD:
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#29]
How much?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#30]

It looks good, I think I like it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it too.  Better looking than Glock or M&P.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Gearscout Article from IDEX
Looks promising. Serialized trigger pack like a p250 or p320.

Don't like the nonprecocked striker, but I'll give the trigger a chance.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#33]
looks like they may been working on this pistol longer than some realize.  I look forward to handling one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I think Beretta is on to something here, as opposed to recent HK/Walther/Sig striker guns.  This is a much better effort than the Px4 and 90-Two.  

Is it just me, or is this gun actually thin in the slide?  It seems that everyone went and made their guns thicker than Glock in the slide and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the ill fated Kimber KPD:
http://www.rifleshootermag.com/files/2010/09/shot06_kimber1.jpg
View Quote

That is the Ruger SR9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top