User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:59:45 PM EDT
Hickok compares the two. http://youtu.be/SvxkeHu_Ftg
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer HK as a brand given that all other things are the same (weight, material, dimensions, etc.)

Just a little more confident in HK's QC.

That being said, although an HK P30L is in my night stand, I have sigs as mine and my wife's carry gun. (P938 and P239 SAS). This simply being because the other considerations better aligned with my needs and Sig is still top notch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
And he put a period on it when at the end he pulled out his G19 and emptied it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Great video. Sounds like you cannot go wrong with either. I just bought a VP9 but I think I will add a 320 compact as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great video. Sounds like you cannot go wrong with either. I just bought a VP9 but I think I will add a 320 compact as well.
View Quote

True. I wonder though that since he's sponsored by buds now, and got the vp9 from buds, if he has to be careful about what he says.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

True. I wonder though that since he's sponsored by buds now, and got the vp9 from buds, if he has to be careful about what he says.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The VP9 has been receiving knock out reviews from just about everyone. So i think buds or no buds he'd have said the same.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm lucky enough that I got to shoot them side by side without buying either one.

The 320 is a great gun, but the VP9 trigger is better and the ergo's are better (320 isn't bad), and the VP9 has a lower bore axis.

The stock VP9 comes out of the box as good of a shooter as my worked over M&P.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love one of each but I like that I can convert a 320 to .45 down the road.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the VP9 more but I do like the 320c. But out of all the strikers and I have fired them all, the VP9 is hands down the best striker there is, no one even comes close.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The Man?

A guy who stands by a table and blasts at the same steel year after year.  

Cool guy and a good shot, but hardly an authority on anything other than backyard plinking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The VP9 has been receiving knock out reviews from just about everyone. So i think buds or no buds he'd have said the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After watching his previous videos, I think he gives an honest review. But, I think he needs to plug Bud's and Top Gun Supply since they provided him with the guns. I don't think either company really cares about which gun you buy from them, as long as you buy a gun. I hope his review wouldn't be swayed because of the sponsor.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone notice in that last sequence how the Sig and the HK both had nice even ejection patterns, and that Glock was all over the place. . . Just sayin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone notice in that last sequence how the Sig and the HK both had nice even ejection patterns, and that Glock was all over the place. . . Just sayin.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This for the win, I'll get one of each after I finish my SBR from a Mini-Draco.  I normally carry a P2K9.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Man?

Cool guy and a good shot, but hardly an authority on anything other than backyard plinking.
View Quote

If he changed the steel out, would that make him more credible in your view?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I currently EDC a G23, and when I get my holster from Nightingale Leather, I will EDC my VP9.

I handled a Sig, and it's a well made firearm.  The trigger is nice, but the gun just does not point or feel good in my hands, which is nothing new for me with Sigs.

I shoot the Sigs well, but I shoot Glocks better, and I shoot the VP9 better than all of them.

Either way…I think all 3 are great pistols, and if you find the one you like and shoot the best, it will serve you well.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right you know..... that Glock had rounds ejecting both left and right of the shooter.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm lucky enough that I got to shoot them side by side without buying either one.

The 320 is a great gun, but the VP9 trigger is better and the ergo's are better (320 isn't bad), and the VP9 has a lower bore axis.

The stock VP9 comes out of the box as good of a shooter as my worked over M&P.
View Quote

The big thing for me is the weight. The P320 is 30oz... that's ~1/3 of a pound more than the VP9/Glock 17. Essentially we are talking 45 weight in a 9mm. "P320 is meant to be a combat gun argggghhhyeah" okay that's fine, but the Glock has been doing that for years and lighter. Really no reason for a polymer 9mm to weigh that much, no matter how ridiculously someone tries to justify it. Forget CCW IMO and as far as the compact, compact it ain't. Chunky gun. P320 as a service pistol, fine and dandy, but that's about it IMO and even that I'd opt for the VP9 for the ergo customization, weight, and lower bore axis. I'm sure there is someone out there who just has to have a P320 and more power to that person
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Got a chance to shoot a VP9, PPQ and my G19 all side by side. I found that being so used to the heavier trigger in the Glock that the VP9 and the PPQ were slightly wasted on me. I honestly shot my G19 as well as the other two pistols and I don't even have the $.25 trigger job done, its just broke in (same thing ). The ONLY pistol out there that I have fired that I was better with than my G19 was a FNS-9....that pistol made me feel funny in special places...do want
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Man?

View Quote

Over the years that guy has demonstrated admirable proficiency and expertise with the operation of firearms and I don't have a single doubt regarding his broader expertise on gun related matters.

Doesn't mean I'm going to like or buy the same guns he does, but his opinions are, in fact, expert opinions.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Vp9 is too big.

15 shot full size? Pssssh

Make a compact
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#21]
VP9 is a sweet pistol, love the feel of the grip and the HK sexiness as much as the next guy. But once you start running harder the
trigger of the P320 makes the difference, bore axis is a myth.

The HK will continue to have a nice following in the commercial market, while the P320 will continue to make major inroads into
Glocks established dominance of the LE market. The list of departments that have adopted/approved the P320 is more than anyone
could have imagined at this point, and it's growing literally by the day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Over the years that guy has demonstrated admirable proficiency and expertise with the operation of firearms and I don't have a single doubt regarding his broader expertise on gun related matters.

Doesn't mean I'm going to like or buy the same guns he does, but his opinions are, in fact, expert opinions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Man?

+1

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
+1  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Man?

+1  

i guess some of the guys on here cant wack it to hickok like they do Haley, Costa, etc. :-) Hickok may not be decked out in 5.11 and be tier 1 but the dude has more experience with guns than most of us on here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Vp9 is too big.

Make a compact
View Quote
Everything you jst said is full of

This is the HK forum, start your pot stirring in GD
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i guess some of the guys on here cant wack it to hickok like they do Haley, Costa, etc. :-) Hickok may not be decked out in 5.11 and be tier 1 but the dude has more experience with guns than most of us on here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Man?

+1  

Have you seen his recent 590 upload? Holy cow, the groups he made with slugs at the gong with just a brass bead sight at 80 yards...I'd like to see a frothing GD troll shotgun hater do the same with their AR's...
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
+1  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Man?

+1  
+2
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I fondled both the VP9 and the P320 at my local shop.  Took the VP9 home with me.  I still would like to shoot a 320, but the VP9 just felt better in my hand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vp9 is too big.

Make a compact

That is a valid point. The magazine is indentical in size to a glock 17 mag but holds only 15rds
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#31]
It's more than valid, it's a huge factor for professional use, like LE where every round could be the round that makes the difference.
The P320 compact has the same capacity as the VP9, same as the G19 which are both a lot smaller pistols.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That is a valid point. The magazine is indentical in size to a glock 17 mag but holds only 15rds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vp9 is too big.

Make a compact

No, it isn't. HK did that because they saw a reliability issue. And that individual I responded too only likes one brand of gun, he like's to stir the pot and this isn't his first time doing so, henceforth the GD remark was called for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's more than valid, it's a huge factor for professional use, like LE where every round could be the round that makes the difference.
The P320 compact has the same capacity as the VP9, same as the G19 which are both a lot smaller pistols.
View Quote

You're right, it absolutely is.  I totally understand their choice to limit the count to 15 for reliability purposes, but that still makes it inferior to a 17 round Glock or M&P magazine that work just as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No, it isn't. HK did that because they saw a reliability issue. And that individual I responded too only likes one brand of gun, he like's to stir the pot and this isn't his first time doing so, henceforth the GD remark was called for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vp9 is too big.

Make a compact

Lol we have a fanboi. The VP9 is the same size as my glock 17 and has inferior capacity. That's a huge ding. Glock can make 17 work in that size mag and HK can't? The vp9 is one of my favorite pistols but its an oversize g19
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Nitpicking over two rounds is beyond retarded, especially since we are talking 15 vs 17. In my mind a full size 9mm should have at least 15, anything extra is just a bonus.

Capacity should come second to shootability anyway, which in this case the VP has it all over Glock (well, for me at least).
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Lol we have a fanboi. The VP9 is the same size as my glock 17 and has inferior capacity. That's a huge ding. Glock can make 17 work in that size mag and HK can't? The vp9 is one of my favorite pistols but its an oversize g19
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vp9 is too big.

Make a compact

I assume you're preparing to trade in your Glock 17 for a CZ p09 because it holds 19 rounds of superior capacity?

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Glock +2 baseplate

I won't be trading in the vp9 over 15rd mags but I'm not going to make excuses for HK.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Glock +2 baseplate

I won't be trading in the vp9 over 15rd mags but I'm not going to make excuses for HK.
View Quote
But you'll make excuses for Glock? You can get P30/VP9 mag extensions too.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock +2 baseplate

The whole idea was to compete with m&p 9 and glock 17 and grab a piece of the lower cost striker fire marketshare

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The whole idea was to compete with m&p 9 and glock 17 and grab a piece of the lower cost striker fire marketshare

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock +2 baseplate

And they did just that. Yes, the magazine has less capacity (by 2) while having the same length grip. It appears that they have a very tall follower design. Who knows why, but I'd guess it has something to do with reliability.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vp9 is too big.

Make a compact

It is a valid point...and I own and shoot both...
HK forum?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock +2 baseplate

And now we have a fanboi of something else and making excuses. See how that works? I said a fact while you're not compromising when the P-09 was mentioned.

And this thread is about the VP9 and 320, I just love it how these threads always become something else by just one group of fans, ONLY ONE. Doesn't matter the brands or design, it's ONLY one group that pick's a fight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#43]
This is not a fight lol, this isn't emotionaly charged gd thread

My point is the pistols HK wants the vp9 to compete directly against (g17/m&p 9)have a 17rd flush fit magazine in the same size pistol. Capacity is a major selling point and for some reason HK couldn't get it done.  Its the only knock on an otherwise perfect handgun
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My point is the pistols HK wants the vp9 to compete directly against (g17/m&p 9)have a 17rd flush fit magazine in the same size pistol. Capacity is a major selling point and for some reason HK couldn't get it done.  Its the only knock on an otherwise perfect handgun
View Quote
A major selling to whom?Already people have mentioned they do not mind, and already many Glock users made the switch. And lol, HK got it done by seeing a reliability issue and went with their engineering degrees versus the arf degree of chest thumping and mouth breathing.

If you're hung up on needing more rounds, buy a CZ polymer. If your Glock is just fine the way it is at 17, then the VP9 is fine the way it is with me at 15 and I don't feel outgunned by have two less rounds. It's selling like hotcakes right now and hasn't stopped, so think about that in regards to how many people are not even affected by having two less rounds...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A major selling to whom?Already people have mentioned they do not mind, and already many Glock users made the switch. And lol, HK got it done by seeing a reliability issue and went with their engineering degrees versus the arf degree of chest thumping and mouth breathing.

If you're hung up on needing more rounds, buy a CZ polymer. If your Glock is just fine the way it is at 17, then the VP9 is fine the way it is with me at 15 and I don't feel outgunned by have two less rounds. It's selling like hotcakes right now and hasn't stopped, so think about that in regards to how many people are not even affected by having two less rounds...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you understand, it's OK
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the other way around. Care to agree that we disagree and leave it at that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Bore axis is a way overblown issue. IMO.

I have both the VP9 and the P320c and like both. I love the paddle mag release on the VP9, but am not so enamored with the larger size. My P320c is in .357 Sig and is such a soft, accurate, and comfortable shooter it motivated me to sell off my G32. Despite the "high bore axis" I was able to shoot the P320c faster, more accurately and much more comfortably than my previous Glock 32 and Sig P239

While I  love the VP9, there are a few things that keep it from being perfect.

• Useless Safety Dingus on the trigger

• Oversized for capacity

The P320c grip isn't quite as perfect as the VP9, but I'm really hoping Sig sees the light and encourages aftermarket grips. That could really help them. Imagine a Vp9 style grip module, or aluminum grip modues, grips with integrated lights/lasers etc.

Sig is at a critical juntion with the P320. It can be another flop like the P250...or if they play their cards right the greatest boost they'll ever see to sales.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

VP9 is a sweet pistol, love the feel of the grip and the HK sexiness as much as the next guy. But once you start running harder the

trigger of the P320 makes the difference, bore axis is a myth.

The HK will continue to have a nice following in the commercial market, while the P320 will continue to make major inroads into

Glocks established dominance of the LE market. The list of departments that have adopted/approved the P320 is more than anyone

could have imagined at this point, and it's growing literally by the day.
View Quote

Who has adopted the P320? I'm serious; what agencies have adopted it because I haven't seen a single word about that. The P227 I know that Indiana State Police and Pennsylvania State Police did. But I haven't heard a word about anyone adopting the P320.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Man?

+1  

I don't follow the Tier 1 Fan club. I'm a Ayoob, Cooper, and Jordan fan here. What is Hickok's background?

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top