Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 10:03:51 AM EDT
I just bought my first Glock last night. G17 gen 4. I have not shot it yet but now I have seen numerous youtube videos describing erratic ejection problems with various models. I am now starting to regret my choice. Again, I have not shot it yet but the last thing I want is to have to have this thing sent back to Glock to fix a problem. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this problem is and if Glock has fixed it? I want to love this pistol but now I'm a little weary of it. Any advice would be helpfull! Please send me a personal message if you can.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just bought my first Glock last night. G17 gen 4. I have not shot it yet but now I have seen numerous youtube videos describing erratic ejection problems with various models. I am now starting to regret my choice. Again, I have not shot it yet but the last thing I want is to have to have this thing sent back to Glock to fix a problem. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this problem is and if Glock has fixed it? I want to love this pistol but now I'm a little weary of it. Any advice would be helpfull! Please send me a personal message if you can.

Eric
View Quote

Shoot it!
Stop whining and Shoot it.  Glock makes thousands of pistols all the time bad ones will make it to market just the nature of the beast.  Every gun makers has this issue and until humans are perfect nothing will be perfect.  My brand new 19.4 drops all my brass about 1.5 meters at 3-330.
If the extractor has issues it is easy to change yourself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Eric
View Quote

Go shoot it and report back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
No regerts.

Wasn't it something with the recoil spring? All models after 2012 should be good to go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe this problem no longer exists. When the gen. 4s came out they had some teething issues regarding RSAs and ejectors, this has since been remedied. I believe it was a brass to the face issue or erratic and non consisent ejection tracjectory. I have had three gen 4 glocks. A 19, 17, and a 41. This issue is not present in any of them.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Eric
View Quote

good lord.

go shoot your pistol.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Eric
View Quote

It sounds like it maybe bad.....send it to me for proper disposal and buy a S&W.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to those of you that gave polite, helpful responses. To the other jerks....never mind....... it's not worth the effort.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have an issue with brass to the face look into Apex Tactical extractor  that will cure it or it least it did on all my Gen 3's. They make it for Gen 4 as well
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks to those of you that gave polite, helpful responses. To the other jerks....never mind....... it's not worth the effort.
View Quote

Not trying to be jerks but you did come into a tech forum admit you had not even shot or tested the pistol.  I can tell you have not spent anytime in General Discussion because we are not being jerks we are just being people and on occasion we rip on each other.  I have been ripped on for years using this site but it is all in fun.

Now go shoot your damn Glock and enjoy it dammit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Early Gen 4 9mm's were sprung too heavy which resulted in ejection issues.  This has been fixed for years now.  Stop with the buyer's remorse and go enjoy your new pistol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 gen 4 9mms (17, 19, 34).  I bought 2 of them used.  None of them did the "brass to the face" thing when I first got them, but my 19 is starting to do it some now.  I think it may be time to replace the RSA as it has been shot a lot.  A friend of mine bought a gen 4 19 as well, and his did it right out of the box.  At the end of the day, though, none of them are unreliable in any way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I had brass to face syndrome with my Gen 4 G17.   A new ejector block seems to have kicked the brass a little more to the right.   The problem is as good as fixed IMO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I just recently bought and shot two gen4 9mms (G26 and G19), both of which were manufactured in 10/2014. No ejection problems whatsoever. FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Sure,  you could buy new extractors and ejectors, different return springs...

Or one of these for all of your hot brass to the face needs...

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#15]
be careful also that it could detonate and frag you.  It is a Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top