Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 7:22:42 PM EDT
I have a gen 4 17 that I just picked up today for a steal, and can get my hands on a CZ P09 in FDE for a great price as well....

I have been "a glock guy" in the past for quite some time, but was never great with it. But, that was with handguns in general, as I never really got to train with handguns.

Should I ditch the glock and go P09, or stick with the 17? Pro's and Con's to both?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ p09 is a good gun, but the deal breaker for me is that it can't use CZ 75 mags do to the length of the grip, and mags for it are in the HK mag price range.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick with the 17.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]

There's no reason why you can't shoot the Glock 17 well, there are so many after market options to explore. I would suggest looking at a Grip-Force adapter if you are having an issue with the grip and perhaps consider a Haley Skimmer trigger (no experience with the trigger, but hear good things)
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep the Glock and become a better shooter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The CZ will be more accurate & holds more rds. This seals the deal for me................
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stick with the 17.
View Quote

+1...shoot it some and develop some proficiency.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
If you aren't good with it, get rid of it and get the P-09.  Higher capacity, better ergonomics (for  me at least), and a better trigger.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you aren't good with it, get rid of it and get the P-09.  Higher capacity, better ergonomics (for  me at least), and a better trigger.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#9]
get both, duh!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#10]
P09, because it will most likely have a more comfortable grip.  Also, check out the long range accuracy videos of the P09 on YouTube.  Impressive.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Ask yourself this:

Are there any shortcomings that you are keenly aware of with the G17?  Do you shoot it up to your own standards of performance?  Is anything about the gun holding you back?

Measurable performance is the best way to judge whether a handgun platform is working or not working for you.

Handguns are handguns. Some have better triggers, some have better ergo's, some hold more rounds, some simply "look" cooler.  The bottom line is that if the gun is reliable and YOU shoot it well, ALMOST ANY gun can be made to perform in the hands of someone that knows how to press a trigger.

A Glock and a CZ are six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.  Shoot both side by side according to a known standard of performance and choose accordingly.  Trying to decide IN a gun shop is worthless.  The proof is in the pudding and nothing that we say on paper really matters.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ask yourself this:

Are there any shortcomings that you are keenly aware of with the G17?  Do you shoot it up to your own standards of performance?  Is anything about the gun holding you back?

Measurable performance is the best way to judge whether a handgun platform is working or not working for you.

Handguns are handguns. Some have better triggers, some have better ergo's, some hold more rounds, some simply "look" cooler.  The bottom line is that if the gun is reliable and YOU shoot it well, ALMOST ANY gun can be made to perform in the hands of someone that knows how to press a trigger.

A Glock and a CZ are six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.  Shoot both side by side according to a known standard of performance and choose accordingly.  Trying to decide IN a gun shop is worthless.  The proof is in the pudding and nothing that we say on paper really matters.
View Quote

Pretty much this. You stated from the onset that you don't have a lot of practice in on the gun so I don't really know that it would matter what you were shooting at this point. I think the money you would spend on another pistola right now would be better spend on ammo and range time.  Dry fire a lot. That helps a whole bunch.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd at least test the Glock to see if it functions properly.

I'm curious about the P-09, but I haven't shot one.

I do know that I can shoot much better with my P-07 than I can my G17, so I'd only guess the larger P-09 is even better.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#14]
P-09.

Duh.

Reliability and accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#15]
The last time I had them out, my G17 and P09 shot about the same at 25 yards, something like 3" groups.    I think they'd both do better after some trigger work.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I think i may just get both to be honest. Just been an expensive week. Bought a VP9 LE, picked up a P07 Duty in trade, and a 2nd Gen 4 17 for next to nothing....

My problem i believe is just lack of trigger time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, I think i may just get both to be honest. Just been an expensive week. Bought a VP9 LE, picked up a P07 Duty in trade, and a 2nd Gen 4 17 for next to nothing....

View Quote

Stick to the VP9.

Sell the P07 and convert the cash to ammo or a reloading press.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stick to the VP9.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stick to the VP9.

I'd definitely do the opposite, sell the VP9 and stick with the P-07
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stick to the VP9.

I'd keep both.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Sold the P07, sold the 17.  

Sticking with VP9 and going to load out a bunch of 9mm...

Also just got my 45 can out of jail...so not sure if i want to buy a 45 host, or build a bolt gun....
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Also just got my 45 can out of jail...so not sure if i want to buy a 45 host, or build a bolt gun....
View Quote
USP45 Tactical, you're welcome.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

USP45 TAC is an awesome suppressor host, plus HK is offering a 200 rebate right now

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top