Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 1:53:34 PM EDT
Anybody using an airsoft Glock 26 for practice?  I'm leaning to the airsoft pistol over a $180 surestrike laser if I can hear good about the trigger pull.

I've googled this and viewed a number of videos on youtube to determine that an airsoft GL26 replica would be a great simulator for first shot in "point & shoot" practice at aprox 20ft ....... but only IF THE TRIGGER IS REALISTIC. There isn't much mentioned about that aspect of it, and practicing on an unrealistic  long & mushy 8lb pull would NOT be the same as with my real GL27 or GL33.  If the AS trigger is fairly realistic, I prefer the AS over the laser, as it's easier to see holes in a paper target VS the quick flash of a laser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLXUW3Egxk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sofzweMYPAc
...... and turn your volume down for both. The music and/or gunshot will make you jump.

ETA; Cut and paste those hyper-links onto your browser. They are working links though they don't work when you click on them here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a glock 23f by KSC (I think) way back in the day, like 9th grade, and I remember the trigger pull wasn't completely unrealistic. To be fair though I had only shot a few Glocks at that point so my recollection could be totally wrong. The issue is there are rarely many places you can test airsoft guns but I think you should just go ahead and buy it. Worst comes to worst its something fun to screw around with in the backyard and whatnot. I used to have a group of buddies when I was a kid and we "played" airsoft in the neighborhood (an activity that would probably get you shot for real today) and it was pretty fun. I honestly believe those years of shooting bb guns and airsoft guns in the neighborhood with my friends greatly contributed to my accuracy and weapons manipulation as I got older. A lot of people bag on it but It was fun shooting activity before I could just run out to the range whenever I wanted with real guns. I still have one or two laying around at my mothers house and occasionally my high school age brother and I will load them up and shoot a few rounds at cans in the backyard, or at each other (With proper eye pro). To be honest regardless of if the trigger pull is accurate I think the fact that they are functionally realistic size wise it would still be worthwhile to purchase and practice with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top