Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 3:50:19 PM EDT
Here's a quick synopsis

preface:  Dale at gripreductions has done 2 other Glock grips for me and the work was done right and fast.

Aug 10-  Sent 3 guns in to have grip work done.  Was told "two day turn around for duty weapons"
Sept 1-  Haven't received the frames or any communication from Dale.  I called and spoke with him and was told "I didn't start them because you didn't include an order form".  I thought this was odd as I specifically remembered including the work order.  Dale said he would go find the frames and call me back.  Got a call back a few hours later and Dale said "Ok I found the work order.  Large frame 9mms right?"  No they were compact 9mms.  He then says" Oh yeah, here they are I'll get them done and sent out this week."  So this had me a little nervous whether he had the frames or not.  Also unsure if he had the right work orders with the right guns, which he clearly didn't.
Sept 10- No frames, no communication.  Tried calling and emailing and no response after a couple days.  Checked his website and it states "text for faster answer".  I sent him a text and was again told they were done and shipping out at the end of the week.
Sept 23-  No frames, no communications.  Texted again and told they were almost done and would be finished and mailed at the end of the week.(odd because he said they were done when we talked the week before)
Oct 1-  No frames, no communication.  Texted and told Dale I needed the guns back by Oct 12 for training finished or not NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
Oct 13th- No frames, no communication.  Called Tomball Texas PD and made a report.  Waiting to hear back........

Eta police went to his business and were told " I shipped them out ".  He provided them with tracking numbers which turned out to be bogus.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds fishy to me...in for the whole story OP
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow that sucks, I hate that moment right after you get two conflicting stories from a business you're dealing with as to whether or not the work is done, and you know its just going to be a colossal pain in the ass from there out. Sounds like something fishy going on there though for sure, think I'll be avoiding them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Eta police went to his business and were told " I shipped them out ".  He provided them with tracking numbers which turned out to be bogus.
View Quote

Time to call in ATF to report the guns as stolen in transit. After all, he said they had been shipped. Here's what you say: "I need to report three stolen high capacity firearms, I sent them in for gunsmithing and _____ days after the gunsmith shipped them they have not arrived and I cannot get accurate tracking information".

If the gunsmith did ship the guns, he didn't report them as stolen in transit...........that's a felony and could cost him his FFL. A phone call from ATF might light a fire under his butt.

If he hasn't actually shipped them, it's a civil matter and ATF will not get involved.

Oh, and before someone jumps in to defend this cocksucking FFL...........fuck him and fuck his license. Intentional, accidental, dead mother or any excuse he comes up with doesn't matter.... the SOB lied repeatedly to the OP.

<---FFL btw
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that sucks. Sounds like he has no idea where they are and keeps giving you excuses. Give him a call, let him know you've reported him to the local PD and ATF. See if that does anything for him... At this point I doubt it since he already gave the PD a bogus tracking number. Since the lower of the gun is considered the gun, you'd think someone out there would be some extra interest in this from a law enforcement point of view.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I found him to be somewhat flaky as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
My stuff will go to Bowie Tactical, Robar, or Cold Bore Customs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Time to call in ATF to report the guns as stolen in transit. After all, he said they had been shipped. Here's what you say: "I need to report three stolen high capacity firearms, I sent them in for gunsmithing and _____ days after the gunsmith shipped them they have not arrived and I cannot get accurate tracking information".

If the gunsmith did ship the guns, he didn't report them as stolen in transit...........that's a felony and could cost him his FFL. A phone call from ATF might light a fire under his butt.

If he hasn't actually shipped them, it's a civil matter and ATF will not get involved.

Oh, and before someone jumps in to defend this cocksucking FFL...........fuck him and fuck his license. Intentional, accidental, dead mother or any excuse he comes up with doesn't matter.... the SOB lied repeatedly to the OP.
You are exactly correct.
<---FFL btw
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are exactly correct.
<---FFL btw

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]

If you're looking for a squared away place--------Tactical Textures.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My stuff will go to Bowie Tactical, Robar, or Cold Bore Customs.
View Quote

Or sweatymuddybloody.com

Fast as fuck, work better than the pictures on the site.

Won't even bother going anywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
As stated above, report it as lost in transit to the ATF. Also contact the shipping company with the bogus tracking numbers and tell them THEY lost a firearm. They will go back the FFL and want new numbers or proof of shipment. They will also tell you the shipper needs to file a claim, but they will look into it.

Good luck
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry about your situation .   One reason I never send out my pistol unless its someone who is well known .  Hell I even hate sending my firearms to the manu.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#13]
This is sad to hear, Dale has done great work for me in the past.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry about your situation .   One reason I never send out my pistol unless its someone who is well known .  Hell I even hate sending my firearms to the manu.
View Quote

He's very well known.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is sad to hear, Dale has done great work for me in the past.
View Quote

Yep he's done two for me that were great.  This is very disappointing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Hate to tell you, but word around here (I'm in Tomball) is that Dale went out of business. Hope you get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Spoke with the local PD again today and they are receiving more complaints of the same......
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Spoke with the local PD again today and they are receiving more complaints of the same......
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Local PD isn't going to do jack because it's doubtful a crime has been committed.
It's not theft...........because you willingly sent the firearms to him.
It eventually could be proved to be conversion, but at this point it would be a civil matter under state law.

As I said above, call ATF.............have you done that?
If not, every day you wait is one more wasted day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Any more word out of him OP? Like I said I am local to him, maybe I can help you out in some way.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any more word out of him OP? Like I said I am local to him, maybe I can help you out in some way.
View Quote

No.  Haven't done much on this the last couple days as I've been out of town teaching.  I co-worker finally got his frame back after a similar run around.  The work wasn't done as he requested.  Different finish after grip reduction.  Go figure.  He says he's just going to live with it after all the BS if took to get it done in the first place.  Another lost customer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:25:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, scary, thanks for posting, hope you get them back.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No.  Haven't done much on this the last couple days as I've been out of town teaching.  I co-worker finally got his frame back after a similar run around.  The work wasn't done as he requested.  Different finish after grip reduction.  Go figure.  He says he's just going to live with it after all the BS if took to get it done in the first place.  Another lost customer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if he doesn't get yours back to you soon I would have no problem with showing up at his shop on your behalf, I live maybe 3 miles from his shop.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Well my frame miraculously appeared today.  Tracking number shows it was mailed Oct 15 not Oct 9 like Dale told local law enforcement.  It looks like a visit from local PD motivated him to get it done and sent back.  The work done was also not as I requested but at least I have the frame back.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well my frame miraculously appeared today.  Tracking number shows it was mailed Oct 15 not Oct 9 like Dale told local law enforcement.  It looks like a visit from local PD motivated him to get it done and sent back.  The work done was also not as I requested but at least I have the frame back.....
View Quote

So what work was requested and what showed up? How bad did he hose you and did you stop payment?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So what work was requested and what showed up? How bad did he hose you and did you stop payment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did a different style magwell than I wanted.  He cashed the check months ago, so it's too late to stop payment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Rule of thumb that has served me well on the internet...

If a website's name is simply "The single service that we base our business around, DOT-COM", then that company is probably best avoided.

It sounds a little weird but think about how true it is.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If a website's name is simply "The single service that we base our business around, DOT-COM", then that company is probably best avoided.

View Quote

"AR15".com

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've thought about it and couldn't disagree more.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:42:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
"AR15".com

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"AR15".com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top