Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fanboyism, that's why.

HK cheerleaders are the worst, worse than those for Glock.
View Quote

I'm a Cheerleader of any reliable service pistol.  Plus one that has excellent QC.

BTW HK seems to have a good track record.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a big difference between the feel of a 1911 grip safety vs a H&K P7 grip safety. The 1911 feels natural, the P7 feels likes over thinking on the part of H&K. They did get it right when they realized that John Browning had it all figured out and used his basic principles in the USP.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There is a big difference between the feel of a 1911 grip safety vs a H&K P7 grip safety. The 1911 feels natural, the P7 feels likes over thinking on the part of H&K. They did get it right when they realized that John Browning had it all figured out and used his basic principles in the USP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In the 80`s I started using / carrying revolvers 38spl/357 J&K frames

The Colt 1911 and Officers ACP  were my first pistols.

The Grip Safety NEVER EVER caused me any problems.

The only thing I know of the HK squeeze cocker is what I read back in the 80`s in a book Mass Ayoob wrote. stating that it had fired several  thousand rounds fired without a failure.

Although I gave up the Colt 1911 in 1995 and moved to Hi Cap 9mm / 40S&W caliber service pistols, I don't think the 1911 or its grip safety a TURD.

View Quote

All well and all, but not a validation for the grip safety/cocker
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like my P7M8 but it gets too hot for long training sessions
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never had a problem with grip safeties on the XD/M/S or 1911. I can understand why it's a problem for some after seeing 99% of the people at my local range with a low and/or improper grip over the past 15 years of going there. Plenty of guns without them that can be gripped in any way and still function. The thing is I can hold a 1911 or XD/M/S halfway down the grip and still press in the grip safety and fire so I still don't understand how people miss it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not, they're both unnecessary.

That said, P7s are neat little guns and the squeeze cocker is what makes them so neat. Were it not for that, they wouldn't have the same novelty.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Unnecessary to whom? The minimalist who nitpicks at anything that isn't minimal to them and expects others to like what they like and hate what they hate? I have no issues with a grip safety. I have no issues without one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I own and operate a few guns with grip safeties and like the feature personally. Ymmv of course but that's the beauty of a diversified marketplace.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unnecessary to whom? The minimalist who nitpicks at anything that isn't minimal to them and expects others to like what they like and hate what they hate? I have no issues with a grip safety. I have no issues without one.
View Quote

It says a lot when you first defense of any critique is to classify it as hate.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
1911, XD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IMO the squeeze cocker is a safety that requires no extra movement to disengage while being more reliable than a trigger safety. When my P7 is not in my hands I know that there is no way for it to fire, even if the trigger is pulled. There is no need to learn extra movements to safe and unsafe the weapon.

1911, XD

1911's have a manual safety in addition to the grip safety. See the highlighted text.

What the P7 has over the XD is the ability to reholster a completely uncocked weapon. By releasing grip pressure a bit you can retain control of the pistol while rendering it unable to fire. This is not an option with an XD or 1911 without significantly modifying your grip.

I have owned multiple 1911's and they are my go to pistol. However, IMO the action of the P7 is more suited for carry than a 1911's is.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I've carried a P7 PSP every day at work for the last 5 years.  In fact, the only time I don't have it with me is when I'm packing a S&W 629 while hiking. The P7's edges are now shinny from constant use; but, the pistol is still a tack driver.  It's not for everyone; but, it works very well for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I had to get rid of an XD because my hand would occasionally float off of the grip safety causing a stoppage (not being able to pull the trigger).  

The squeeze cocker on the P7 is pure awesomeness!  The gun is completely uncocked while carrying, yet fully cocked once gripped resulting in a light single action trigger.  Also, as already mentioned, after a mag change there are no slide levers to manipulate to drop the slide; simply take your grip, and the squeeze cocker drops the slide and cocks the striker.  Perfect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why are grip safeties considered turds, but HK's squeeze cocker is a godsend?

Ummm....I don't know. But if I had to guess; maybe it's just a falic thing with German gay guys?

ie;  You know it is pronounced  Heckler and cock....   ...and this one does have a big cock for them to squeeze.

View Quote

It is actually pronounced Heckler and "Coke" (like the soda).
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

Actually it's pronounced like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7_uBJgr5Y

The "coke" they just came up with to prevent Americans from saying cock, both are equally wrong.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the German police wanted a pistol that could be cocked one-handed with a lovely squeeze? LOL
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's rich coming from a guy shitting on Glocks in his signature and whining about meany Glock "fanbois" in a thread that isn't even about Glocks. Delusional much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fanboyism, that's why.

HK cheerleaders are the worst, worse than those for Glock.

Name one Glock thread where on any board, social media, or forum where people come in and shit on Glocks. But I can find on any given day some Glock fanboi doing their best to shit on everything else.

That's rich coming from a guy shitting on Glocks in his signature and whining about meany Glock "fanbois" in a thread that isn't even about Glocks. Delusional much?

I do battle with the Glockmeisters from time to time on their threads, but in a nice constructive way. :)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top